Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:39 amMade a very good save , nothing he could do about the goals
Strakosha is not to blame for any of the goals for sure but what I was trying to say was that he could have had a better showing if he had saved 1 or 2 of those shots and would have been noticed. Sometimes goalies make insane saves to keep the team in and I would imagine that's the type of goalkeeper Newcastle are after. Highly doubt they go after Strakosha unless they're looking at him as a backup. Much better goalies out there like Dean Henderson or even Kepa.
CanaYouDoIt

Plako wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:11 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:39 amMade a very good save , nothing he could do about the goals
Strakosha is not to blame for any of the goals for sure but what I was trying to say was that he could have had a better showing if he had saved 1 or 2 of those shots and would have been noticed. Sometimes goalies make insane saves to keep the team in and I would imagine that's the type of goalkeeper Newcastle are after. Highly doubt they go after Strakosha unless they're looking at him as a backup. Much better goalies out there like Dean Henderson or even Kepa.
Kepa is most definitely not better. Henderson was good for Sheffield but the reason they might go for Strakosha is he’s gonna be free .
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Panorama has published a big piece about Broja and Reja and to be honest it validates Reja a bit, if it's true.

It says in the first game against Hungary where he was on the bench, he initially refused to come on as a sub but was convinced by Roshi to come on. Refusing to come on for your team is unacceptable, if that's true, who does he think he is?

For the England callup, the FA asked him to join on time and that they had competent physios. He refused and stayed in Southampton which fine, you want your clubs physios, ok.

In the training session he played in he complained of ankle pain after 20 minutes. He then asked Reja to start against England, who informed him as he himself complained of ankle pain in the past training session and arrived late he could only play him as a substitute. Broja react negatively, they had an argument and then was put in the stands.

If this is true then he has some serious attitude problems. He's too young and hasn't proved anything yet to be refusing to come off the bench and demand to start after saying he's injured and turning up late.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

RedFootballs wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:26 pm Panorama has published a big piece about Broja and Reja and to be honest it validates Reja a bit, if it's true.

It says in the first game against Hungary where he was on the bench, he initially refused to come on as a sub but was convinced by Roshi to come on. Refusing to come on for your team is unacceptable, if that's true, who does he think he is?

For the England callup, the FA asked him to join on time and that they had competent physios. He refused and stayed in Southampton which fine, you want your clubs physios, ok.

In the training session he played in he complained of ankle pain after 20 minutes. He then asked Reja to start against England, who informed him as he himself complained of ankle pain in the past training session and arrived late he could only play him as a substitute. Broja react negatively, they had an argument and then was put in the stands.

If this is true then he has some serious attitude problems. He's too young and hasn't proved anything yet to be refusing to come off the bench and demand to start after saying he's injured and turning up late.
You gonna believe Duka's minions' ragpiece?
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:02 pm
Kepa is most definitely not better. Henderson was good for Sheffield but the reason they might go for Strakosha is he’s gonna be free .
Kepa is definitely suffering from a drop in form since joining Chelsea but he's better than Strakosha. If Strakosha is free then I don't see why they wouldn't go after him as the backup goalie.
Plako

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:02 pm
Kepa is definitely suffering from a drop in form since joining Chelsea but he's better than Strakosha. If Strakosha is free then I don't see why they wouldn't go after him as the backup goalie.
Princ

Something fishy is going on here..

Whatever it is, this is too big a talent to not be accommodated. If it comes down to it, I would not hesitate to sack Reja and whoever else involved to keep AB happy.

That being said, I do not like how the parents are getting involved in this business. Broja should learn to handle his own problems like a big boy.
Plako

RedFootballs wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:26 pm Panorama has published a big piece about Broja and Reja and to be honest it validates Reja a bit, if it's true.

That is one way to look at it but I don't think asking to start over Uzuni or Cikalleshi at Wembley is too much tbh after his goals that saved Reja's ass vs. Hungary.. Broja was born in England and probably dreamt of playing at Wembley all his life. Why not start him when the game meant nothing to us anyways?! I would side with Reja if he showed anything with this team but he's got nothing to show and we were only in that position before the Poland game due to Broja's individual brilliance. Reja and Duka can go f*** themselves. They kept starting Manaj over Broja when Manaj has done absolutely nothing for us for 3-4 years now. It's a fucking shame that we have this generational talent sitting on the bench and Uzuni and Manaj are starting.
These users thanked the author Plako for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:57 pm

You gonna believe Duka's minions' ragpiece?
It is obvious something has happened between them for him to end up in the stands for no reason and then leave the call up a game early. If that was always the plan Reja wouldn't have told him to bother. More behind it, that report probably isn't all true, but something happened and someone's in the wrong.

I hope someone will speak out soon and we can have a proper insight into this.
Dallku

This whole thing started because Reja discriminated Broja because of his age. He assumed that a 20 year old Albanian is not ready. Then after proving him wrong it became a pride thing with Reja and the feud was developing since apparently Broja was barking back. The pride/arrogance of an old Italian coach is not gonna let a youngster have his way. Let's be honest.

But I agree that parents getting involved is super lame. Reminds me of Abedin Januzaj. Albania doesn't need or want the parent problems.

Hopefully Reja is gone though. Start over with another coach.
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
  • Information