Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:12 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:36 pm
Cika starts for the 2nd best team in Turkey. Manaj played 1.5k minutes for safe Spezia. But you bring those two up as bad players. You don't follow your principle.

You can think they are bad players, but it directly refutes your logic. Just because a player plays in a top league or a reputable team doesn't make them a good player. Some top league clubs start absolute rubbish, Veseli played a season as a starter in Empoli and even now gets some minutes for Salerno.

Whilst Bare is talented, he has made a lot of unacceptable errors with us. And I was one of his biggest defenders on here when he was playing in Malaga and nobody rated him. Albeit this and his talents we need to recognise his performances have been poor and Laci and Ramadani in fact have played better when they have played, so has Gjasula, who was again solid against Spain.

When did I rate the Turkish league??

But of course context matters. Some top leaguers who play for these relagation teams are not guaranteed to be top league material. Some of them(Veseli, Ujkani, Manaj) are suspect and could be easily 2nd division level.

Espanyol on the other hand has been historically a mid-table La Liga team so they are a different level than Salernitana, Spezia, Deportivo Alaves and all these newly promoted/relegation sides. That's why Bare is more established than these other players you mention.
In fact, Spezia is not newly promoted, but Espanyol is. I don't think they are any different and Konyaspor is probably better than Espanyol.

And this is Bare's first season in a top league, he's 24. I'm not convinced he is established at all. And certainly not for us, however much you guys will mock Laci, he might do the exact same thing and start for a newly promoted team next season.
Princ

Dallku wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:46 pm 1,485 minutes in argubly the 2nd best league in the world this season, for a mid-table club that knows their football. If he's good enough for that level then he's more than good enough for Albania.

Why doesn't he make those errors at his club?? Sounds like an Albanian problem.
Could care less about Espanyol, never watched a single game. I am interested in Albania, and which players are most reliable for our NT.

Your argument is super weak. Field Bare since he plays in a top league, regardless of the fatal errors he makes for country, and attempt to justify those by putting blame on other teammates.

Victim blaming at its finest..
Dallku

Princ wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:19 pm
Dallku wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:10 am Honestly there is nothing wrong with having players from smaller leagues but only if they play for the top teams of those leagues. For example: Olympiakos, Basel, Top Turkish trio, top Russian, top Ukrainian, and hell even Dinamo Zagreb, etc. Yes the level in those leagues is not the greatest but those are very serious clubs who invest a lot and have legit expectations.

So no, it doesn't have to be top 4.

Top Turkish trio is obviously Besiktas/Galatasaray/Fenerbache not freaking Konyaspor.

And there is nothing wrong with having players from those clubs. Doesn't mean that league is good. Same with Olympiakos/Greek league, Croatia with DZ, Ukraine with Shaktar/Dynamo Kiev, etc. Shit leagues but the rich teams are pretty much top league level.
Princ

Dallku wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:37 pm Top Turkish trio is obviously Besiktas/Galatasaray/Fenerbache not freaking Konyaspor.

And there is nothing wrong with having players from those clubs. Doesn't mean that league is good. Same with Olympiakos/Greek league, Croatia with DZ, Ukraine with Shaktar/Dynamo Kiev, etc. Shit leagues but the rich teams are pretty much top league level.
Konyaspor is a full 10 points better than Besiktas, and 17 points better than Galatasaray..
Dallku

RedFootballs wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:35 pm

In fact, Spezia is not newly promoted, but Espanyol is. I don't think they are any different and Konyaspor is probably better than Espanyol.

And this is Bare's first season in a top league, he's 24. I'm not convinced he is established at all. And certainly not for us, however much you guys will mock Laci, he might do the exact same thing and start for a newly promoted team next season.

Just because Espanyol accidently got relegated one year doesn't mean anything. They have been a La Liga top 10 team for the past few decades minus one year. Their evaluation of players and expectations remain the same. It's tradition.

Bare has clearly gotten better. He was very shaky for Espanyol early in the season but then established himself. The professional game was a shock for him at the beginning. That's understandable.

Laci is a 2nd division amateur. You can tell based on how bad,uncomfortable and scared he is on the ball.
Dallku

Princ wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:39 pm
Dallku wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:37 pm Top Turkish trio is obviously Besiktas/Galatasaray/Fenerbache not freaking Konyaspor.

Konyaspor is a full 10 points better than Besiktas, and 17 points better than Galatasaray..

Obviously doesn't matter.

Surprises and flukes can happen in a particular season. Leicester City won the league with inferior players than their competition. It happens. The power the top teams holds in investments and expectations are what seperates them. Results follow most of the time.
Princ

Dallku wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:45 pm Laci is a 2nd division amateur. You can tell based on how bad,uncomfortable and scared he is on the ball.
Two phases to this game..

How you play on the ball, and how you play off the ball. For Albania, Bare is not good at either, Laci is a beast off the ball.

Xhaka, Abrashi and Kukeli were never particularly good on ball, but like Laci, were beasts off the ball. These are the warriors who broke Albania into top 25, the biggest achievement ever!

On the other hand, Ervin Skela and Altin Lala were better on ball than anyone I can think of, but did not achieve a fraction of what those anti-footballers of De Biasi era did.

Albania is a team that will not be expected to hold possession against better opponents, and how you play off ball will always be more important for us.
CanaYouDoIt

So Princ , if you dont care for Espanyol how are you making such sweeping statements over a guy you watch 5 times a year ?

Almost as if like usual you are spouting nonsense.
Princ

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:36 pm So Princ , if you dont care for Espanyol how are you making such sweeping statements over a guy you watch 5 times a year ?

I have watched over 1600 minutes of him playing with Albania.

Surely, I know what kind of player he is..
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:58 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:36 pm So Princ , if you dont care for Espanyol how are you making such sweeping statements over a guy you watch 5 times a year ?

I have watched over 1600 minutes of him playing with Albania.

Surely, I know what kind of player he is..
Judging by your comments, no you clearly don't. And judging by the guys you want replacing them, you CLEARLY don't have a clue.
  • Information