Albania Vacations/Tourism

Current events, society, culture, science, insights. The music. Cinema. The books. The theater. The art.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Shpati wrote:Definitely going to try to go Saranda this time around.

From all the pictures I saw, there's no sand, just rocks though. Is that how it really is?
No sand , probably only in few very small beaches you'll find a white sand but most of southern riviera is Rocky [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

Visit "Plazhi i Pasqyrave" and Dhermi . If you have time go to Butrint too ;)
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

From all the pictures I saw, there's no sand, just rocks though. Is that how it really is?
I've heard some good things about Saranda and was recommended to go by a friend. I might check it out later.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Yep no sand. Sandy beaches start further north in Divjake and go all the way up to Velipoje. I highly recommend Sarande, especially Ksamil. If you go, try to spend a day or two in Himare or Drymades as well. Tell the locals you're LedZep's friend and they'll take care of you ;)

My personal favorite was Drymades beach, it felt like paradise.
artan

Dhermi and Vlore are fine. Hotel Nympha(must have butchered the spelling) is really good.

You fuckers making me jealous now. :(
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Plako wrote:

Yep no sand. Sandy beaches start further north in Divjake and go all the way up to Velipoje. I highly recommend Sarande, especially Ksamil. If you go, try to spend a day or two in Himare or Drymades as well. Tell the locals you're LedZep's friend and they'll take care of you ;)

My personal favorite was Drymades beach, it felt like paradise.
aight. Fvk it then. Gonna try the rocks. Shoulnt be that big a deal since they are regarded as the best

Definitely not going north alone, after some of the stories I heard.
Simboli i Diellit

Shpati wrote:Definitely not going north alone, after some of the stories I heard.
Speaks the guy from Diber lol

Be cautious , check your car for suspect packages before tuning it up ;) They like playing with explosives in southern Albania :pp
http://top-channel.tv/lajme/artikull.php?id=303961#k1
Shpati

Dragoi wrote:
Shpati wrote:Definitely not going north alone, after some of the stories I heard.
Speaks the guy from Diber lol

Be cautious , check your car for suspect packages before tuning it up ;) They like playing with explosives in southern Albania :pp
http://top-channel.tv/lajme/artikull.php?id=303961#k1
I'm not alone in Diber though.
Shpati

You guys ever have trouble tripping here? Seems like only waiters will accept. Barbers, taxi drivers, etc seem to take it as an insult.

I'm from America. The south. I grew up tipping the mailman. If I'm in albania, I have to give the workers something.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Shpati wrote:You guys ever have trouble tripping here? Seems like only waiters will accept. Barbers, taxi drivers, etc seem to take it as an insult.

I'm from America. The south. I grew up tipping the mailman. If I'm in albania, I have to give the workers something.
Tipping is not customary in Albania, except for waiters, and even waiters are not used to getting 15-20% that is customary in the U.S. I doubt they are insulted though when you tip them, it's just that Albanians are not equipped to show appreciation when you give them money.
Simboli i Diellit

Always tip the waiters, usually 1-2 $ tip is good, even 50 cent is ok. Most of them work with 150$ as monthly wage , wich is slavery to my eyes . If you stay at a hotel leave some coins at the commode so they'll put new bed sheets and clean towels in bathroom ;)
  • Information