Nations League : Israel vs Albania, 20:45 CET

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

artan

Another weird lineup selection. That midfield is really flat and having four holding/defensive midfielders against Israel is insane. Someone like Bajrami can easily be inserted in place of Gjasula and should be to add some dynamism. Ajeti in the lineup is a joke. Cikaleshi over Uzuini is always a mistake especially when that lineup doesn't have pace or width. This squad doesn't have any width or pace and alot of pressure is going to be placed on this technically inept midfield.

But just like the 2020 Nations League qualifications, the competition is below average at best so it many not even matter how poor Albania is.
artan

Dallku wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:46 am
artan wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:25 am I'm puzzled on why Muci and Mehmeti aren't with the team. Apparently, Muci wasn't called due to injury but featured for Legia the other day in a exhibition match. They could have been useful.

It's bad management by FSHF this time.

Mehmeti... fair enough you can argue that he has to move and I agree but players like Muci and Mitaj should at least be part of the group even if they don't play. Incorporate them in the group so they get to know each other and build chemistry because they have the potential to be serious players in the near future.

You call up an absolute amateur like Arbnor Mucolli with 0 potential and future who shouldn't even be on a 50 men list... Hopefully it's not agent and outside influences like it was with Seferi. The hilarious part is that their strategy to promote Seferi failed because he's so bad. They should've hid him instead of giving him play time :lol2:
Or when they tried the same with Hoxhallari for him to only sign for a mid table Romanian club on a free transfer lol.
CanaYouDoIt

How has he managed to mess up the selection again? Bajrami has to be at 10 and Asllani has to play CM in order to get some control over the game, because Gjasula or Laci cannot do that.

At least its 4 defenders instead of 5 ...
Dallku

I think Uzuni is not fit. He mostly trained separate from the rest of the squad. He's actually a big loss because this version of Cikalleshi is sorry af. Like playing with 1 player less. I wish Reja played Bajrami in that position.

4 DMs is to compensate for Djim and Marash missing. When you have your backbone destroyed you have to reconstruct a new one by taking pieces here and there.

The good thing is that Asllani is a good passer and can shoot from distance too... so don't be shocked if he actually does well as a #10.
Princ

Reja talking out of both sides of his mouth..

Says the fittest guys will play, then fields Asllani without even a single half of football played so far this season.
Princ

Uzuni is not a striker, Cikalleshi way better in that position by any measure..

Gives us more size and physicality too with smaller midfield. Israel bullied us physically in Tirana, must avoid that happening again here.
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:27 pm Reja talking out of both sides of his mouth..

Says the fittest guys will play, then fields Asllani without even a single half of football played so far this season.
Because for the last fucking time he's a better player than Ramadani so even if he's not as fit you play him.

Secondly, he's a professional fucking footballer in 2022, these guys are all fit regardless if they play or not.
Dallku

Princ wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:34 pm Uzuni is not a striker, Cikalleshi way better in that position by any measure..

"Non-striker": 6 goals in 6 games

"Striker": 0 goals in 8 games....

Give me the non-striker any day of the week!
Princ

Official matches
Uzuni.. 2 goals, 1379 minutes, only opponent scored on San Marino
Cikalleshi.. 9 goals, 1588 minutes, opponents scored on Poland, Iceland

In a formation with no wingers, Uzuni is useless!

Ideally, Broja would be the lone striker and Uzuni would play on wing, but am excited to see how the Broja-Cikalleshi pairing will look today..
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Kind of surprised Ramadani doesn't start today. He's started previously but not now in great form and playing every minute with his club? Strange. Could've gone in over Laci for me.

Gjasula playing is fine for me as he's been great for us over the last year. Asllani over Bajrami correct choice also.
  • Information