Kosova Crisis: "Serb terrorist attack in Kosovo!"

Current events, society, culture, science, insights. The music. Cinema. The books. The theater. The art.

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Sounds like the EU and USA want Kurti out.

https://www.politico.eu/article/how-kos ... t-frenemy/
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

The USA has stopped giving a crap about Kosova for at least a decade. Them putting Thaci in prison was proof of this. They're there because Bill Clinton forced them.

The western world is cool with Slavic dictators now, especially the moderates. Obama and Merkel loved Putin in their first terms. Unfortunately Crimea/Ukraine derailed their love a bit. Now, they're telling Kosovars to "find common ground" with people that murdered their women and children and sabotage their government every chance they get.

I usually hate nationalist parties, but Kurti can tell these "moderates" to shove their Bosnia 2.0. plans up their ass. The US has no choice but to defend them either way. The Serbian minority will go down to 1-2% in the next few decades. No point in giving your richest area to Belgrade.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Shpati

Yeah, I think Kurti should just take the risk and stay his course.

It would be very hypocritical of the EU and USA to back friends of Putin and China here.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Shpati wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:01 pm Yeah, I think Kurti should just take the risk and stay his course.

It would be very hypocritical of the EU and USA to back friends of Putin and China here.
Yo dude good to see you back.

Kurti is showing some massive balls and I'm loving it. I'm sick and tired of our politicians having no spine and being Western lapdogs.
Shpati

Plako wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:10 pm

Kurti is showing some massive balls and I'm loving it. I'm sick and tired of our politicians having no spine and being Western lapdogs.
Sup Plako! Glad to see you and lot of the gang still around. I want to see Berti back in these parts haha.
Shpati

Looks like Kurti's days are numbered. Parliament is starting to turn their back on him, along with a lot of USA officials.

Unfortunately, this is politics. Once you go full anti-corruption, you are a goner.
Plako

Shpati wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:12 pm
Plako wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:10 pm

Sup Plako! Glad to see you and lot of the gang still around. I want to see Berti back in these parts haha.
After Leeds getting promoted it'd have been nice to see Berti here. He's probably married with kids now and doesn't have time for football nonsense lol
Shpati wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:13 pm Looks like Kurti's days are numbered. Parliament is starting to turn their back on him, along with a lot of USA officials.

Unfortunately, this is politics. Once you go full anti-corruption, you are a goner.
If there are new elections I think Kurti will win by an ever larger margin, unless they start cooking the elections like they do in Albania these days.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Even though I agree with Kurti on this, the guy does seriously have some Hoxhaistic tendencies. The guy has 0 friends outside of Kosovo.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:56 am Even though I agree with Kurti on this, the guy does seriously have some Hoxhaistic tendencies. The guy has 0 friends outside of Kosovo.
He's the last Hoxhaist. While Hoxhaism did not become mainstream in Kosova it did hold an appeal amongst the most radical elements of the far left.
This article does a pretty good job at explaining the history of Hoxhaism in Kosove.

https://jacobin.com/2018/08/enver-hoxha ... ovo-serbia
Shpati

Looks like Trump will win the Republican nomination. And I'm betting that he beats Biden in the general election. It looks like RFK and Cornel West will be taking a lot of blue votes.

Not good for Kurti if Trump + Richard Grenell return.
  • Information