Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

artan

There isn’t an option at forward until Broja comes back fully healthy and fit. I think Uzuini is the best option due to the fact he can stretch the back line and can press like a dog, even if his finishing is amateurish. We need someone who can atleast contribute something to the team.

What they can’t do is go back to Cikaleshi, Manaj, Balaj or Seferi at forward against Czech/Poland. These guys are like playing a man down.
Dallku

artan wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:01 pm There isn’t an option at forward until Broja comes back fully healthy and fit. I think Uzuini is the best option due to the fact he can stretch the back line and can press like a dog, even if his finishing is amateurish. We need someone who can atleast contribute something to the team.

What they can’t do is go back to Cikaleshi, Manaj, Balaj or Seferi at forward against Czech/Poland. These guys are like playing a man down.

Muci is the only one close to Broja's level and he's the most disrespected Albanian player right now.

https://sportekspres.com/ekskluzive-me- ... j-lojtari/
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:43 pm
artan wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:01 pm There isn’t an option at forward until Broja comes back fully healthy and fit. I think Uzuini is the best option due to the fact he can stretch the back line and can press like a dog, even if his finishing is amateurish. We need someone who can atleast contribute something to the team.

Muci is the only one close to Broja's level and he's the most disrespected Albanian player right now.

Muci is brilliant , shame he was born in Albania because the lack of development he has to overcome is crazy.
artan

Dallku wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:43 pm

To me Muci isn’t a forward. He’s a winger or attacking midfielder and that’s where his style fits best. I’ve always liked Muci and thought he passed the eye test but he’s not an aggressive or physical player. Maybe as a false nine or something like that can work.

But regardless he’s been a player that hasn’t been utilized properly by the NT which is weird since he’s a domestic product. Normally these guys are penciled in the lineup. He gives me Roshi vibes as a player who has the talent and pace to excel at the NT level even if his club career is mediocre.

I will also want to see how Skuka does on loan. He has some physical abilities that can be useful.
Dallku

A decent attacking midfielder if you put them forward >>>> a shitty #9 who struggles getting involved in interplay and combining with teammates.

Look at where all the goals and chances came in the last 2 games. Someone like Bajrami and Muci are more useful upfront than all these pseudo strikers (Cikalleshi, Skuka, Daku, Balaj, Sadiku, etc)

Unpopular opinion but I honestly believe that Muriqi is a big reason why Kosovo is struggling. He screws up so many of their attacks because he's so slow and bad technically.

The big target man/poacher like the Haalands came back to being meta but don't get it twisted... it's only the super athletic/fast ones. It's all about athleticism now.
artan

Dallku wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:29 pm A decent attacking midfielder if you put them forward >>>> a shitty #9 who struggles getting involved in interplay and combining with teammates.

Look at where all the goals and chances came in the last 2 games. Someone like Bajrami and Muci are more useful upfront than all these pseudo strikers (Cikalleshi, Skuka, Daku, Balaj, Sadiku, etc)

Unpopular opinion but I honestly believe that Muriqi is a big reason why Kosovo is struggling. He screws up so many of their attacks because he's so slow and bad technically.

The big target man/poacher like the Haalands came back to being meta but don't get it twisted... it's only the super athletic/fast ones. It's all about athleticism now.
I agree. Muci is better than anything besides Uzuini at forward. Uzuini seems like he would be the best at the moment (excluding Broja) due to the fact he makes runs and is always in good scoring positions like Shkelzen Gashi. The finishing is just awful.

His NT performances are just weird due to the fact he had a great season with Granada and will be in La Liga next season.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I knew all the big games would be filled up, but even Moldova had a full stadium. It's a shame we only built a 20k seater. Idk how much more time it would have taken, but it imo a 35k one, would've been better.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Princ

Bet365
Group Top 2..
Czech Republic - Yes ~84%, No ~16%
Poland - Yes ~61%, No ~39%

Poland is still a slight favourite for top 2 finish, qualifying roughly 3 of 5 times. Currently, Bet365 does not have any odds available for Albania.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Princ wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:49 pm Bet365
Group Top 2..
Czech Republic - Yes ~84%, No ~16%
Poland - Yes ~61%, No ~39%

Poland is still a slight favourite for top 2 finish, qualifying roughly 3 of 5 times. Currently, Bet365 does not have any odds available for Albania.
Well we know where Duka's money is going. Bet on 1-0 Poland to win again at Air Albania.
Princ

37th ranked Czech Republic opens as favourite to take 3 points off 65th ranked Albania on September 7th at the Fortuna Arena in Prague.

(Opening odds via 1xBet)

1X2..
1 ~56%
X ~25%
2 ~19%

1xBet suggests a positive result more than 2 of 5 times for visitors, with a victory occurring slightly less than 1 of 5 times.

Both teams to score..
Yes ~47%
No ~53%

Czech Republic is unbeaten in their last 4 matches, having scored 10 goals while conceding just 2 during that stretch. The Slavs will be looking to come out strong in front of their home fans and get one step closer to securing qualification.

Over/Under 2.5 goals..
Over - 44%
Under - 56%

Albania ate 3 goals on their last visit to Prague a couple of years back. The visitors are coming in with a renewed confidence this time around. A young and ambitious new coach has them playing at 100km/hr. Albania has won 2 in a row, and 3 of their last 4.
  • Information