Albania vs Czechia - Euro's 2024 Qualifiers - 12/10/2023

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Deni

I'm not gonna lie I will be a little upset if we start a 34 year old Cikalleshi next summer at the Euros lol. It's not sustainable to keep starting him until the 60ish minute each game and to sub him out for Daku or Broja or whatever and hope they can make an instant impact.

Better quality teams at the Euros will punish us for that.

It also looks like we are most likely going to be in put in pot 2 for the group stage draw in December.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

We should sack Sylvinho and Zabaleta immediately, i want Albania back because i don't recognise anymore our national team. It's second match in a row that match is over half hour before final whistle and it's not really entertaining if you don't have to shit your pants everytime opponent gets the ball in your half. I miss De Biasi days when we was playing Andi Lila as right winger, it's in our DNA to play ugliest and most depressive football on Europe and with Sylvinho we lost our identity, we need to get back to "humbje dinjitoze" asap. I'm keeping fingers crossed that North Korea will invade South Korea and send Jasir Asani to labour camps because it's so boring, always same move with left leg from right wing, cuts inside and goal.
Kuqaloshi maoist
MercedesBenz240
Team: Bistrica

Best sporting event I have witnessed live in the stadium since Romania-Albania 2016. Free plis, Shkurte Fejza concert and 4 goals, will definitely be one to remember.
Plako
Team: Partizani

ZenMaster wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:03 am We should sack Sylvinho and Zabaleta immediately, i want Albania back because i don't recognise anymore our national team. It's second match in a row that match is over half hour before final whistle and it's not really entertaining if you don't have to shit your pants everytime opponent gets the ball in your half. I miss De Biasi days when we was playing Andi Lila as right winger, it's in our DNA to play ugliest and most depressive football on Europe and with Sylvinho we lost our identity, we need to get back to "humbje dinjitoze" asap. I'm keeping fingers crossed that North Korea will invade South Korea and send Jasir Asani to labour camps because it's so boring, always same move with left leg from right wing, cuts inside and goal.
I was having heart palpitations after Asani's goal waiting for a Czech goal. It wasn't until the red card that I finally relaxed. 30+ years of football trauma will do that to you. Last game I was sitting next to an 18yo who bet on Albania to win against Poland and I was like "Are you insane?" lol
CanaYouDoIt

rewatching the game , Ramadani is an absolute beast. Words can’t describe what a meteoric rise he’s having.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:07 pm rewatching the game , Ramadani is an absolute beast. Words can’t describe what a meteoric rise he’s having.
That midfield core of Ramadani-Asllani-Bajrami will be a top midfield at this rate. I feel like we've seen nothing yet, since theyve barely played together. Plus theyre still young.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

I don't think I felt worried that the Czech can score yesterday which is the complete opposite of years past where it felt like Albania was ready to collapse at any given moment. Asllani and Ramadani seem to control everything and fit eachother well. Asllani is a Kukeli on steroids while Ramadani is the engine. The backline never got tested with the exception of that one handball thanks to Cika. Alot of it is probably because oppositions can't park their entire fucking squad in our box anymore as we have a counter attack and some attackers to punish them if they do.

It seems like the past few matches the only player that has looked noticeably poor is Cikaleshi. Seferi has had his moments where he looked amateurish but he always puts in a shift so can't fault him too much,
CanaYouDoIt

artan wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:30 pm I don't think I felt worried that the Czech can score yesterday which is the complete opposite of years past where it felt like Albania was ready to collapse at any given moment. Asllani and Ramadani seem to control everything and fit eachother well. Asllani is a Kukeli on steroids while Ramadani is the engine. The backline never got tested with the exception of that one handball thanks to Cika. Alot of it is probably because oppositions can't park their entire fucking squad in our box anymore as we have a counter attack and some attackers to punish them if they do.

It seems like the past few matches the only player that has looked noticeably poor is Cikaleshi. Seferi has had his moments where he looked amateurish but he always puts in a shift so can't fault him too much,
I mean once Uzuni/Muci get back to full fitness there’s no need for Seferi. Guy messed up a tap in and got lucky. Him and Cikalleshi are the major weak points, we can’t go to germany with them starting
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

We manage games a lot better, our 'rest defense' is much better than it was, we now concede very infrequently from settled possession situations (opponents).

Almost wholly down to the much stronger counter attack we have now. Our defense was always alright but because we lacked any decent sequences on midfield and attack to counter teams just ended up throwing 8 or 9 players in our box and scoring a scrappy goal.

Now teams can't encroach too much against us because we have a functional attack, which also brings out the strength of our defense, that it does not have to suffer constant pressure now.
artan

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:36 pm
artan wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:30 pm I don't think I felt worried that the Czech can score yesterday which is the complete opposite of years past where it felt like Albania was ready to collapse at any given moment. Asllani and Ramadani seem to control everything and fit eachother well. Asllani is a Kukeli on steroids while Ramadani is the engine. The backline never got tested with the exception of that one handball thanks to Cika. Alot of it is probably because oppositions can't park their entire fucking squad in our box anymore as we have a counter attack and some attackers to punish them if they do.

I mean once Uzuni/Muci get back to full fitness there’s no need for Seferi. Guy messed up a tap in and got lucky. Him and Cikalleshi are the major weak points, we can’t go to germany with them starting
I think Uzuini is done being a starter for Albania in the meantime. I'm always a fan of Uzuini for his exceptional workrate and his abillity to make runs but he has squandered chance after chance. I don't think Sylvinho rates Muci too highly currently and wants a defensive option on the wing. I can see Muja taking Seferi's spot as he fits the mold for Sylvinho (high workrate + defensive) but unfortunately Seferi has locked in that position for better or worst even if Muci, Muja and Uzuini are better players.

It seems like Cikaleshi will never get replaced. He doesn't even fit Sylvinho's system because he's an awful counter attacking player.
  • Information