Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

CanaYouDoIt

I have never seen Albanians so together before, the power of football man, I hope this spills over into every other aspect of life, we can be so strong together. Been seeing videos of Albanians from all over the world watching the game, it’s getting me quite emotional.
artan

Redijupison wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:52 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:49 pm Can't remember such an atmosphere around the players, even during Euro 2016 enthusiasm around the team didn't reach these levels. Guys are writing history.

PS. Watch till the end where Daku salutes Balliu 😂 Ivan kept saying hi to players around the pitch. Curious to know if he can speak a bit of Albanian.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyUKh19NkJf/
How did these songs about Kosova get so popular inside the stadium and the team?
I don't know either. Shkurte Fejza is very popular among Yugoslav Albanians (in general most patriotic traditional singers are) but I never thought that she was popular in Albania nor most patriotic music. Surprising seeing a guy like Mitaj (diaspora in Greece with origins i presume in Southern Albania) or Keidi Bare (Orthodox from Fier) singing along and seemingly know the lyrics. It's like when Kace wore the UCK shirt lol. But most of the players are still Kosovar/Macedonian so they would know it but still surprised of the Albanian based ones.

I'm guessing some of the supporter clubs based in Kosovo made it popular and it caught on? I feel like I also see more UCK flags/emblems at the matches now and more so in years past. I felt like they tried cracking down on the patriotic stuff after the Serbia matches in 2014-15.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Panorama says Sylvinho does not like Broja's attitude.

Apparently a few weeks ago Sylvinho would have explained to Broja that if he was able to come back, he would have to start from the bench, having come back from a long injury, also considering the fact the team is doing well and he doesn't want to change the lineup, and Broja was unhappy with that fact.

He also booked a room next to his parents in the hotel which apparently is banned by team policy.

It seems strange that he wasn't even able to make the bench and went straight back to full training for Chelsea.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

RedFootballs wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:04 pm Panorama says Sylvinho does not like Broja's attitude.

Apparently a few weeks ago Sylvinho would have explained to Broja that if he was able to come back, he would have to start from the bench, having come back from a long injury, also considering the fact the team is doing well and he doesn't want to change the lineup, and Broja was unhappy with that fact.

He also booked a room next to his parents in the hotel which apparently is banned by team policy.

It seems strange that he wasn't even able to make the bench and went straight back to full training for Chelsea.
That is pure Panorama shitnews invented by "Kristi Seatllari" . Broja didn't even train with the team. He came out for Chelsea limping both games. He's back from injury that kept him out for almost a year. If he had issues with the NT then he wouldn't be posting stories in support of the team all the time. That article about Broja seems pure invention, he always booked the room close to his family even during the past qualifiers. Just hope he'll even come close to his previous level.

1. 65% return to play and reach preinjury level after ACL reconstruction

2. After 2 years only 44% of those who have had surgery still play at the same level they were playing during injury. After 5 years it reaches 22% .

3. Being male, young and playing at elite level you have twice more chances of returning to sport.

4. The mind factor. Fear lowers the return to sport as young male football players under 25 years of age still have a 21% risk to lesion the ACL again.

Just give Broja time. When he'll be playing full 90 minute games with Chelsea then he'll be ready for us aswell.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:53 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:04 pm Panorama says Sylvinho does not like Broja's attitude.

That is pure Panorama shitnews invented by "Kristi Seatllari" . Broja didn't even train with the team. He came out for Chelsea limping both games. He's back from injury that kept him out for almost a year. If he had issues with the NT then he wouldn't be posting stories in support of the team all the time. That article about Broja seems pure invention, he always booked the room close to his family even during the past qualifiers. Just hope he'll even come close to his previous level.
It's 100% fake news, Sylvinho doesn't seem like a guy who makes journalists friends as De Biasi and i don't think shares with albanian journalists things he likes or dislikes about players. I don't think Zabaleta or Doriva leak any of conversations they have with Sylvinho to albanian press so this is pure invention from Panorama.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Princ

Very suspicious what happened with AB. I was looking forward to seeing his return but seems he understood he had no chance to start and went sprinting back to London. It would not be the first time young AB pulls this type of stunt.
Dallku

Albanian journalists are desperate to have their own "CR7" .. a bad boy type that causes drama and clicks.

They target Broja for that role but unfortunately for them he's the opposite of what they are looking for. That guy has no ego and is unproblematic.. probably a flaw for strikers if we honest.
Pjetër

Mitaj isn't from southern Albania.

Mitajt are from Kelmend.
Princ

Dallku wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:05 pm Albanian journalists are desperate to have their own "CR7" .. a bad boy type that causes drama and clicks.

They target Broja for that role but unfortunately for them he's the opposite of what they are looking for. That guy has no ego and is unproblematic.. probably a flaw for strikers if we honest.
Come on now 😂😂

Did you forget all the other times he left training with “injuries,” refused to come on as sub, or when mommy and daddy had come have a talk with the training staff after AB was unhappy with playing time. Where there is smoke, there is fire..
Princ

“Broja nuk ka pasur sjellje shumë pozitive së fundmi, për dëmtime apo për mënyrën e sjelljes.”

“Për potencial mund të jetë shumë i vlefshëm por duhet të përmirësohet shumë në sjellje. Unë i pres të gjithë, i kam krahët e hapur dhe i përqafoj të gjithë, nuk përjashtoj asnjë, por sjelljen dhe punën për ekipin duhet ta bëjnë të gjithë.”

“Ai është një djalë që duhet të rritet, ta lëmë të qetë dhe të flasim sa më pak për të, jo për kualitetet, se për ato kemi folur shpesh herë. Unë flas gjithmonë për kolektivin, ai duhet të bëhet pjesë e këtij grupi dhe të jetë në sintoni me ta. Duhet të bëhet i dashur për grupin, për sjelljet që ka dhe mbi të gjitha për mentalitetin.”

Quotes from Edi Reja
  • Information