Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:54 pm
Princ wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:44 am

Can it be sustainable long-term?

Of course it can as long as Albania continues fielding super professionals. (Asllani, Bajrami, etc).

That's what we were complaining about during Reja era and we were proven right. Top leaguers guarantee results.
Wrong, really wrong, if anything, its the opposite.

Nearly all the most important players have been guys who were called amateurs by this forum or who don't play in top leagues (Asani, Ramadani [only recently Serie A], Seferi, Daku, Mitaj).

Of course, the top level experience has been very important, but as too have the so called amateurs who in fact gave us the goals for the qualification.

If anything, what this qualification showed us is you have to give the spots off who gives the best performance, not who plays for the best club. Using a top leaguer criteria, Asani, Seferi, Daku and Mitaj would never play as they all have top 5 league players ahead of them. Sylvinho's principle is to give the spots to who plays well and it is working.
Redijupison

RedFootballs wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:37 pm

Of course it can as long as Albania continues fielding super professionals. (Asllani, Bajrami, etc).

That's what we were complaining about during Reja era and we were proven right. Top leaguers guarantee results.

Nearly all the most important players have been guys who were called amateurs by this forum or who don't play in top leagues (Asani, Ramadani [only recently Serie A], Seferi, Daku, Mitaj).

Of course, the top level experience has been very important, but as too have the so called amateurs who in fact gave us the goals for the qualification.

If anything, what this qualification showed us is you have to give the spots off who gives the best performance, not who plays for the best club. Using a top leaguer criteria, Asani, Seferi, Daku and Mitaj would never play as they all have top 5 league players ahead of them. Sylvinho's principle is to give the spots to who plays well and it is working.
Very true, no one can claim that Balliu, Uzuni and Muçi deserve to start with the way the starters have preformed. Albania has come a long way though having La Liga starters on the bench. Long may it continues :gezuar:
Princ

Muci reminds me a lot of Zhegrova..

Both play with a lot of style, both excel at dribbling and shooting. Both struggle at playing without the ball, both hold the ball for too long at times and both need to improve their strength/conditioning.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Russia was the strongest league after the Top 5. I'd hardly call it amateur. If Mitaj/Daku start there, thats good enough.

Ramadani has improved massively. His trajectory is similar to Rrahmani. Kosovar team -> Partizani -> Mid Tier Team -> Bottom Table Serie A. Rrahmani is probably the best Albanian CB this century and he was nowhere near the EURO team. So yeah Ramadani just wasn't that good early on. He was OK at best. I'd say Broja, maybe even Muci, also made similar leaps.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:11 am Russia was the strongest league after the Top 5. I'd hardly call it amateur. If Mitaj/Daku start there, thats good enough.

Ramadani has improved massively. His trajectory is similar to Rrahmani. Kosovar team -> Partizani -> Mid Tier Team -> Bottom Table Serie A. Rrahmani is probably the best Albanian CB this century and he was nowhere near the EURO team. So yeah Ramadani just wasn't that good early on. He was OK at best. I'd say Broja, maybe even Muci, also made similar leaps.
Russia was a good league, since the war you can’t say the same.
CanaYouDoIt

I disagree, the spine of the team is made up of guys who’ve played at the top level for years (or guys who have played in a good league) (Djim, Hysaj, Asllani, Ramadani, Bajrami, Ismajli) , they’ve been supported by others who are not as good players in lower level leagues like Asani. Asani has scored amazing goals but the rest of his game is subpar, but for us that’s all we need.

The problem came when we were playing guys like Balaj over Broja or Doka over Balliu, the gulf in talent is just too much. Ramadani was a liability for us just 2 years ago, the move to scotland and now italy has helped him develop to another level, that’s the whole point, playing in better leagues gets you better coaching , you play against better players etc.
RedFootballs

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:27 am

I disagree, the spine of the team is made up of guys who’ve played at the top level for years (or guys who have played in a good league) (Djim, Hysaj, Asllani, Ramadani, Bajrami, Ismajli) , they’ve been supported by others who are not as good players in lower level leagues like Asani. Asani has scored amazing goals but the rest of his game is subpar, but for us that’s all we need.

The problem came when we were playing guys like Balaj over Broja or Doka over Balliu, the gulf in talent is just too much. Ramadani was a liability for us just 2 years ago, the move to scotland and now italy has helped him develop to another level, that’s the whole point, playing in better leagues gets you better coaching , you play against better players etc.
He didn't play in Serie A for 2 months and magically become good. This is the reward for his evolution but its not what caused it.

Would disagree Asani adds nothing else, it must also be remembered he adds to the 3 goals 3 assists also, he also does well in the defensive phase.

You say playing Balaj over Broja was a problem but the truth is if the team had not qualified you would hear the same complaints made about Seferi and Asani, that they are amateur and play in poor leagues etc, when actually they were crucial to the qualification.
RedFootballs

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:11 am Russia was the strongest league after the Top 5. I'd hardly call it amateur. If Mitaj/Daku start there, thats good enough.

Ramadani has a weird career curve because he was sort of going backwards and sideways until he moved to Aberdeen. Then he took off.

His club career went from 0 to 100 in a year or so. It's possible he even goes to a better club than Lecce eventually. His physical level is useful for any club, he is a player who runs so much and is so strong in the duels, and above all, never gets injured. Dont be surprised if one of the top teams take him as a backup.

It goes to say, you should always rate players in conjunction with your eye test, not just off their club, because sometimes career arcs don't reflect everything.
Skenderbeu9

Ramadani and Asani are quite similar players
They both are late bloomers who work their ass off daily and without much talent but with hard work prove to be vital for us last couple of months
I really hope Asani makes his dream move to Serie A until next summer
It's really now or never for him since he has reached his peak and is 28
I really doubt teams below 10th place at Italy have a player like him
Also he seems like the best guy around kudos to that Albanian warrior
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:27 am

Jeni pak qesharak me kete insistimin qe "nuk ja kemi fut kot per Ramadanin", lojtari qe osht masakru ne forum osht kan Ylberi prej te gjitheve, tash qe ka shku te Lecce pernihere u bo top level e deri dje amator. Nese ka lojtar qe osht pothuajse i njejte prej se ja ka nis me lujt osht Ramadani prej kohes se Sormanit, cka ka sot ma shume osht eksperienca por cilesite si lojtar i ka te njejta. Nuk osht bre marre me pranu se qe ja keni fut kot, se ka alamet trajnera e profesionsta qe ja fusin kot e paguhen e jetojn prej futbollit. Thjesht mos vazhdoni me keto teorite "top level" e liga e forte e dobet se jane dokrra hini mas super performances te Jasir Asanit e Seferit ne Kombetare. Shtylla e skuadres edhe meritoret e kualifikimit jane Asani, nja tre vende zbrazet pastaj vjen Bajrami e pas tij Asllani e Ramadani,Mitaj. Djimsiti me Ismajlin kan tregu nivel okay ama Hysaj edhe keto eliminatore ka qene ma i dobeti, me Polonine lojen e pare na ka marr ne qafe edhe me Ishujt Faroe e ka bo maksimumin me na marr ne qafe edhe me Polonine ne Air Albania te vetmen shance polakve ne pjesen e dyte jau dhuron me vendosje gabim.
Kuqaloshi maoist
  • Information