Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

CanaYouDoIt

Ramadani was bad under Reja, most were, but I wont let people say he was good. He was poor on the ball (still is really) and off it wasnt exactly a great presence.

Last year at Aberdeen clearly things changed, and age too, he's now in his prime so its natural he reads the game better etc. I thought against the Czechs/Poles he was out of this world. Nothing like the guy we saw 2 years ago.
CanaYouDoIt

One thing I will never ever ever agree on is Seferi. He is dogshit full stop. The sooner he is replaced the better, he's going to cost us. The guy missed the tap in, he just got very lucky he was standing in front of the goal.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:21 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:52 pm

Doesn't that directly go against this top leaguer argument? You just said, you dont really care what they do with their club because they proved their quality with Albania. In the same vein, you just said you don't care if Uzuni plays in LaLiga because he isn't that level anyway. Precisely the point - you rate those two because you've seen how good they play for Albania regardless of what they do with their club.

You are confusing being top league level with actually playing in a top league. It doesn't mean you're top league level even if you play there and vice versa.

Players like Ramadani, Uzuni, Bare and Laci are borderline top league level. Yes they could probably start for those small relegation teams, get relegated, and then come right back up the year after. Repeat...

That's their level and their career proves it. If they were younger you could have question marks about their potential but they have already peaked. Someone like Daku hasn't peaked yet so it remains to be seen.

Did you notice a difference between what Laci vs Bulgaria than what Ramadani has done? Nope... (if anything Laci is better on the ball). That's because all these players are very interchangeable. They are easy to replace.

The true core... aka the true professionals aka the top leaguers (Asllani, Djimsiti, 2 goalkeepers, Hysaj, Bajrami, Mitaj) are the difference makers and the reasons why you qualified.

You can play without Ramadani but you can't play without Asllani.
Instead of saying 'top league players' you can just say quality players, if you're saying that you never meant it to have any association with their contracted club.

In my opinion this description hasn't been used in the way you claim it has, it was usually used to shit on players like Ramadani saying he is an amateur because he doesn't play in a top league.

I remember reading here countless times that x and x player were not good because they did not play in a top 5 league and that the ones that did should always play. In arguments over players the fact they played outside of the top5 leagues was always referenced as reasons they were bad. Except for players you rate you don't talk about it, like Daku and Mitaj, who dont have that brush applied to them.

A neutral observer only looking at club performance would tell you Mitaj is a bust and an amateur. Yes there was a few millions paid for him, but he's done nothing at his new club. You don't say that , because you rate him as a player. Which is fine... its just the double standard of calling some players as amateurs due to their clubs and others not.

I'll tell you who gave us the qualification... Asani... with 3 outstanding goals and 3 assists... that's who we couldn't play without. It is entirely possible that without him we don't even qualify. His contribution was that important.

But his work gets discarded as lucky long shots and really he is just a bum, because he plays in South Korea and is an amateur etc. If one of the 'top 5 leaguers' did the same thing you would praise them to high heaven and state how good they are, and how important having top 5 league players in the team is.

In terms of Laci vs Ramadani I think Ramadani is a better player because he knows how to make the safe pass and how to retain the ball properly, how to position himself, how to pace himself in the game, the mental aspects etc. The main problem with these midfielders like Bare and Laci for Albania is while they were technically and physically alright they had no brain and would constantly f*** up or lose the ball in crucial spots. With the current pair of Ramadani and Asllani in midfield we don't have that and the two tend to make the right decisions and not play as headless chickens.
Redijupison

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:46 pm One thing I will never ever ever agree on is Seferi. He is dogshit full stop. The sooner he is replaced the better, he's going to cost us. The guy missed the tap in, he just got very lucky he was standing in front of the goal.
Seferi brings balance to the team, how do you fail to see that?
Klejdi1023

UEFA has reduced the number of players for Euro 2024 to 23-player squads. I hope that Veseli and Cika are left out, the rest will probably be the latest team we had for the Czechia and Bulgaria games. The only question remains Kumbulla, Ajeti or Mihaj, depends on how match fit Kumbulla will be late May. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Uzuni is dropped for CIka.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Klejdi1023 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:53 am UEFA has reduced the number of players for Euro 2024 to 23-player squads. I hope that Veseli and Cika are left out, the rest will probably be the latest team we had for the Czechia and Bulgaria games. The only question remains Kumbulla, Ajeti or Mihaj, depends on how match fit Kumbulla will be late May. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Uzuni is dropped for CIka.
As much as I want it to happen I just can't see Cika being dropped when he has consistently been our starting forward. We're gonna have another repeat of Rashica, Gjimshiti and Rrahmani leaving the camp in 2016.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Klejdi1023 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:53 am UEFA has reduced the number of players for Euro 2024 to 23-player squads. I hope that Veseli and Cika are left out, the rest will probably be the latest team we had for the Czechia and Bulgaria games. The only question remains Kumbulla, Ajeti or Mihaj, depends on how match fit Kumbulla will be late May. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Uzuni is dropped for CIka.
As much as I want it to happen I just can't see Cika being dropped when he has consistently been our starting forward. We're gonna have another repeat of Rashica, Gjimshiti and Rrahmani leaving the camp in 2016.
Klejdi1023

Plako wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:41 am
Unless Cika gets injured, I also think he's likely to make the 23-man team. With Uzuni playing more center forward than winger in recent times, he's likely going to be the odd man out with Broja and Daku ahead of him. Still, Uzuni adds more value than Cika as he also can play on the wings, whereas Cika would be a useless third cf option. Veseli is the weakest player in that latest 25 man team, so he also should deff be left out. A lot can happen until end of May next year, but this time it should be easier to select the final 23-man team.
Dallku

RedFootballs wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:09 pm
Instead of saying 'top league players' you can just say quality players, if you're saying that you never meant it to have any association with their contracted club.

In Europe the best players play in the top leagues unless:

1) They are young and going up the ranks (and will eventually make the top leagues)

2) They are past their prime and heading downhill.

3) Money (Saudi league)

So "top league" is a good and accurate indicator on a player's level. In year 2023 with all this technology you think it's possible for great talents from Albania, Macedonia, etc to get ignored?? Someone like Jasir Asani has probably been scouted to oblivion by European clubs but he's plays in South Korea... for a big reason.
CanaYouDoIt

Redijupison wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:27 am
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:46 pm One thing I will never ever ever agree on is Seferi. He is dogshit full stop. The sooner he is replaced the better, he's going to cost us. The guy missed the tap in, he just got very lucky he was standing in front of the goal.
Seferi brings balance to the team, how do you fail to see that?
Balance by being shit
  • Information