Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Princ

Dallku wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:42 pm Someone like Jasir Asani has probably been scouted to oblivion by European clubs but he's plays in South Korea... for a big reason.
Jasir Asani 🦁 has already cemented himself as an all-time legend for Albania in just 7 matches. Easily the best campaign anyone has ever had in history.

Whether he plays in South Korea or on the moon, Albanians will remember his name until their very last breath!
Deni

Asani might be the most effective offensive player we have had in the last 10 to 15 years.

The guy has done more in these 6 matches than Uzuni has done in the last 5 years with the national team since his debut in 2018.....
Princ

Deni wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:58 pm Asani might be the most effective offensive player we have had in the last 10 to 15 years.

The guy has done more in these 6 matches than Uzuni has done in the last 5 years with the national team since his debut in 2018.....
A valid argument can be made Jasir Asani 🦁 is our most effective offensive player ever!

What he has done this qualifying campaign will be hard for ANYONE to reproduce. Right now, Jasir is 1 of the most dangerous players in the Balkans!

Jasir is here for a good time not a long time! There will be many young Jasir’s being born in Albania for years to come!
artan

Asani is essentially our greatest NT player ever which is hilarious because it’s so ridiculous if you think about it. But here we are and a 28 year old former Partizani and Hungarian relegation league winger is destroying teams. What I do like the most is his confidence. Usually, the Superliga players don’t have any confidence on the NT level even if they had some talent (agolli or Uzuini comes to mind)

I still don’t know why teams don’t press Asani and give him space on the flank. I want to see what happens when teams start to hunt him down and see how he performs.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Lol I wouldn't go that far, because I'd say Balaj's goal against Portugal was more important and more skillful too.

As for greatest I'd say it's Cana because it was with him Albania actually started getting some away results that eventually led to the EURO 2016. We got that huge 2-2 draw against Shevchenko's Ukraine in '05, and huge draw 0-0 in '08 against Prime Ronaldo's Portugal. Then finally we got that 0-1 win vs. Norway in '13 and finally the sacred 1-0 in Portugal. Cana was there every step of the way. I remember Albanians were so full of confidence because they'd already gotten a result against Portugal once.

Before Cana, I don't ever remember Albania getting even 1 point against noteworthy opponents away from home.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:13 pm Asani is essentially our greatest NT player ever which is hilarious because it’s so ridiculous if you think about it. But here we are and a 28 year old former Partizani and Hungarian relegation league winger is destroying teams. What I do like the most is his confidence. Usually, the Superliga players don’t have any confidence on the NT level even if they had some talent (agolli or Uzuini comes to mind)

I still don’t know why teams don’t press Asani and give him space on the flank. I want to see what happens when teams start to hunt him down and see how he performs.
I thought Bulgaria tried to do that. They closed him down every time he got the ball on he left.
CanaYouDoIt

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:31 am Lol I wouldn't go that far, because I'd say Balaj's goal against Portugal was more important and more skillful too.
Asani has scored 3 goals to put us 1-0 up with ??? And we won those games

Just by points alone it’s more important than Balaj
CanaYouDoIt

Plako wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:29 am
artan wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:13 pm Asani is essentially our greatest NT player ever which is hilarious because it’s so ridiculous if you think about it. But here we are and a 28 year old former Partizani and Hungarian relegation league winger is destroying teams. What I do like the most is his confidence. Usually, the Superliga players don’t have any confidence on the NT level even if they had some talent (agolli or Uzuini comes to mind)

I thought Bulgaria tried to do that. They closed him down every time he got the ball on he left.
I feel he was tired against them but yeah if they don’t give him space not much he can do apart from shoot from long range, limited player.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:21 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:31 am Lol I wouldn't go that far, because I'd say Balaj's goal against Portugal was more important and more skillful too.
Asani has scored 3 goals to put us 1-0 up with ??? And we won those games

Just by points alone it’s more important than Balaj
Under Sylvinho we have scored 13 goals, 4 goals we scored when Asani wasn't on pitch. From 9 goals we scored while Asani was on pitch, he had key involvement on 7 of them, scored three goals on most important games 1-0 goal, assisted against Czech away and Faroe and key involment on Seferi third goal and key involment first goal against Bulgaria.
Kuqaloshi maoist
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Can't believe there is debate about Asani here.

It is simple - he brought us this qualification and it's more than a lucky goal. He has been good in every single game including the ones that he didn't score in.

He changed everything for us. His goals and assists gave us wins but also momentum to play from in front. The goals were made from nothing which is even more significant because they all came against the run of play.

He has put in the best qualifying performance of any Albanian player in history.
  • Information