Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

artan

Redijupison wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:27 pm
artan wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:59 pm Diaspora players come in waves and Germany has always been somewhat consistent with the players they given to Albania/Kosovo. Guys like Mavraj, Gjasula, Valdet Rama, Musilja, Paqarda, etc. I think I'm forgetting some but they've always been there but there's been no top talent. Usually the top talent was from Switzerland which hasn't produced anything in years. The real resurgence is the Italian disapora. It seemed like they haven't produced a single player despite the huge diaspora player until a few years ago and now theres quite a few players from there.

But regardless, a country like Albania will go through booms and busts with how poor it's domestic development is and how reliant we are on diaspora. This is the time where Albania needs to go hard after these guys. The idea of someone like Cikaleshi (an amateur by all means) getting coddled is disappointing.
This new wave seems way more talented though. Shkodran Mustafi has been the best to come out of Germany until now, there was that Faton Toski who once refused Albania and ended up playing club football in Albania, lol.

Huge what ifs have been Bajram Sadrijaj and Donis Avdijaj, both of them very talented, but fame got into their heads, especially Avdijaj,
I remember the Avdijaj hype was real with his apparent 50 million euro release clause or something high like that. It was the same time when we thought we had a chance for Januzaj which turned out to be the biggest cock tease ever.

Another player is Leon Dajaku who had some hype and played for the German youth teams. He rejected us a few years ago to wait for Germany and now he's playing in Croatia after failing in the English lower divisions. But I do suppose for how good Germany is at developing players and the size of our diaspora there that it is kind of weird that an "elite" diaspora player hasn't developed there.

I also want to know what happened to the Swiss diaspora. They went from having a full out Albanian lineup to now only Xhaka being the surviving member of that cohort.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

This is not serious and we are surpised that players with potiental reject us. Ibrahimovic is generational talent that higher ranks as Rama and Duka should be involved to convince him and his parents that Albania is best choice. You must be biggest idiot on earth to choose Albania u21 over Germany U21 and this kind of approach is more to have "excuse" than serious attempt to recruit player. I don't know if it is personal attempt of Bushi for protagonism or FSHF is back on "arrogance mode" as it was when we qualified for EURO's but if this news is true than it's 100% we have no chance. If Arijon was my son i would never allowed to play for Albania, it's so disrespectful, 17 year old has started two games on professional football, one in Coppa Italia and other in Serie and in both games scored, Albania is offering U21 invitation while it's 100% on Germany U21 list. At this point it's clear Albania doesn't want him, they made this move just to say that we "invited" him and we got rejected.

http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/eksklu ... icin-e-ri/
Kuqaloshi maoist
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

ZenMaster wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:32 am This is not serious and we are surpised that players with potiental reject us. Ibrahimovic is generational talent that higher ranks as Rama and Duka should be involved to convince him and his parents that Albania is best choice. You must be biggest idiot on earth to choose Albania u21 over Germany U21 and this kind of approach is more to have "excuse" than serious attempt to recruit player. I don't know if it is personal attempt of Bushi for protagonism or FSHF is back on "arrogance mode" as it was when we qualified for EURO's but if this news is true than it's 100% we have no chance. If Arijon was my son i would never allowed to play for Albania, it's so disrespectful, 17 year old has started two games on professional football, one in Coppa Italia and other in Serie and in both games scored, Albania is offering U21 invitation while it's 100% on Germany U21 list. At this point it's clear Albania doesn't want him, they made this move just to say that we "invited" him and we got rejected.

We are making the same mistake we did in EURO 2016 with Rrahmani and Rashica.

We never learn. Same shit over and over again.
Dallku

RedFootballs wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:58 am
We are making the same mistake we did in EURO 2016 with Rrahmani and Rashica.

We never learn. Same shit over and over again.

Don't agree or like it either but in every press conference/interview Sylvinho claims it's all about the group not individuals so I doubt they are chasing anyone. Gruda has closer proximity to Fshf because of his connections and yet they are indifferent about him. They are definitely not kissing the ass of some 17 year old named "Ibrahimovic".. all these players will have to decide on their own and approach themselves.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Panorama says Bushi had tried to get in touch with this Ibrahimovic for U21 but he had no answer.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

I’m sorry but you don’t let a guy with 2 professional starts at 17 into our first team guaranteed . I understand the thought process but then what we offer any good prospect first team football ? We’re on the brink of euro qualification, can’t pander to anyone no matter how talented.

The other side is he’s probably better than the likes of Seferi but what message does that send to the rest of the team.
Plako
Team: Partizani

ZenMaster wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:32 am This is not serious and we are surpised that players with potiental reject us. Ibrahimovic is generational talent that higher ranks as Rama and Duka should be involved to convince him and his parents that Albania is best choice. You must be biggest idiot on earth to choose Albania u21 over Germany U21 and this kind of approach is more to have "excuse" than serious attempt to recruit player. I don't know if it is personal attempt of Bushi for protagonism or FSHF is back on "arrogance mode" as it was when we qualified for EURO's but if this news is true than it's 100% we have no chance. If Arijon was my son i would never allowed to play for Albania, it's so disrespectful, 17 year old has started two games on professional football, one in Coppa Italia and other in Serie and in both games scored, Albania is offering U21 invitation while it's 100% on Germany U21 list. At this point it's clear Albania doesn't want him, they made this move just to say that we "invited" him and we got rejected.

While I agree with you in principle, it's really a tough balancing act as players have to show some initiative as well to want to be part of our NT. For example Broja approached us when he was 15 and he had a fallout with FSHF before he was called back. Ibrahimovic is already a part of the German U-18 and those type of players don't seem to be part of our NT program.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:28 pm I’m sorry but you don’t let a guy with 2 professional starts at 17 into our first team guaranteed . I understand the thought process but then what we offer any good prospect first team football ? We’re on the brink of euro qualification, can’t pander to anyone no matter how talented.

The other side is he’s probably better than the likes of Seferi but what message does that send to the rest of the team.
Message is clear to the rest of the team MERITOCRACY! Ibrahimovic should be invited based on merits, he has played only 179 minutes on Serie A and Coppa Italia combined, still has done better than Nedim Bajrami who has played 649 minutes this season and has one assist less than Ibrahimovic. Albania should invite him because has shown on football pitch that deserves it, Marvin Cuni who is striker got his chance on friendly against Bulgaria with 0 goals scored so why Ibra doesn't deserve it?
Kuqaloshi maoist
Plako
Team: Partizani

ZenMaster wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:35 pmMessage is clear to the rest of the team MERITOCRACY! Ibrahimovic should be invited based on merits, he has played only 179 minutes on Serie A and Coppa Italia combined, still has done better than Nedim Bajrami who has played 649 minutes this season and has one assist less than Ibrahimovic. Albania should invite him because has shown on football pitch that deserves it, Marvin Cuni who is striker got his chance on friendly against Bulgaria with 0 goals scored so why Ibra doesn't deserve it?
Does Ibra Jr. even have Albanian passport though to be called up? Also form an administrative perspective would he have to start proceedings for a switch to Albania or is he free to choose as this point as he has no senior callups by Germany?

The squad for November will be announced Friday. If he even had a slight interest the least he could do was to meet up with Bushi and let him know of his demands.
  • Information