Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:55 pmDoes little bro even know he's Albanian?? Could be like Balliu.

Ultimately people are wasting their time with this one. German youth international starter at 17 in Serie A... yeah good luck with that one.
An Ibrahimovic from Prizren. I would seriously doubt his Albanian credentials. I have yet to see an Albanian with such a slavicized last name, with the exception of Ezgjan Alioski. If he were ethnically Albanian his last name would have been Ibrahimi or the Albanianized Slavic last name "Ibrahimovici." I haven't been able to find much about him other than the fact that his parents are from Prizren. He could be Gorani for all we know.
Redijupison

Plako wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:58 pm
Dallku wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:55 pmDoes little bro even know he's Albanian?? Could be like Balliu.

Ultimately people are wasting their time with this one. German youth international starter at 17 in Serie A... yeah good luck with that one.
An Ibrahimovic from Prizren. I would seriously doubt his Albanian credentials. I have yet to see an Albanian with such a slavicized last name, with the exception of Ezgjan Alioski. If he were ethnically Albanian his last name would have been Ibrahimi or the Albanianized Slavic last name "Ibrahimovici." I haven't been able to find much about him other than the fact that his parents are from Prizren. He could be Gorani for all we know.
He's 100% Albanian and there's alot of Albanians with slavicized surnames.
artan

Plako wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:58 pm

Many Albanians in Kosovo and Macedonia were forced to slavicize their last name during Yugoslav times and i feel like this has to get repeated every year in this forum. Since his family is from Kosovo they most likely changed his last name with the ending "vic" based on Serbian influence as opposed if his family was from Macedonia it would have been "oski". I know quite a few Albanians with much more slavicized sounding last names than Ibrahimovic. I also don't know how you would come to that conclusion and it's a very weird take.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Gym is such an underrated player... Could easily play in a top team. Deserving of the captain armband.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:31 pm Gym is such an underrated player... Could easily play in a top team. Deserving of the captain armband.
Yup.... He can easily start for any team. He has mastered the game completely.
Plako

artan wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:29 pmMany Albanians in Kosovo and Macedonia were forced to slavicize their last name during Yugoslav times and i feel like this has to get repeated every year in this forum. Since his family is from Kosovo they most likely changed his last name with the ending "vic" based on Serbian influence as opposed if his family was from Macedonia it would have been "oski". I know quite a few Albanians with much more slavicized sounding last names than Ibrahimovic. I also don't know how you would come to that conclusion and it's a very weird take.
He was born in 2005, long after Yugoslavia dismantled and Kosova's independence. There are zero reasons for him to continue to keep that las name if it was imposed on the family against their will don't you agree? We have a large number of players from Kosova/Macedonia and none have had had the suffix "vic". Even Kosova only Dreshevic who's from Tuz.

I have met plenty of Albanians in NYC who maintain their "vic" last names and most consider themselves "Boshnjake". Nothing weird at all about my take. You make it sound as this is common among Albanians.
artan

Plako wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:21 am
artan wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:29 pmMany Albanians in Kosovo and Macedonia were forced to slavicize their last name during Yugoslav times and i feel like this has to get repeated every year in this forum. Since his family is from Kosovo they most likely changed his last name with the ending "vic" based on Serbian influence as opposed if his family was from Macedonia it would have been "oski". I know quite a few Albanians with much more slavicized sounding last names than Ibrahimovic. I also don't know how you would come to that conclusion and it's a very weird take.
He was born in 2005, long after Yugoslavia dismantled and Kosova's independence. There are zero reasons for him to continue to keep that las name if it was imposed on the family against their will don't you agree? We have a large number of players from Kosova/Macedonia and none have had had the suffix "vic". Even Kosova only Dreshevic who's from Tuz.

I have met plenty of Albanians in NYC who maintain their "vic" last names and most consider themselves "Boshnjake". Nothing weird at all about my take. You make it sound as this is common among Albanians.
I know numerous Albanians who haven't changed their slavicized last names for whatever reasons. Some are lazy and for some it gets a bit complicated as they immigrated with their slavicized last name and it becomes tricky for legal purposes. For Arijon his parents probably immigrated to Germany with the "Vic" ending and its a big hassle too change all legal documents. As for Dreshevic his real last name is Dreshaj, Arijanet Muric real last name is probably Muriqi? Taulant Seferi was registered years ago as Sulejmanov etc.
Plako

artan wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:35 amTaulant Seferi was registered years ago as Sulejmanov etc.
Perfect example then of someone willing to take back his identity. Honestly I have nothing against Ibrahimovic I just don't see him joining us.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Indrit Tuci scored his 6th goal of season for Locomotiva against Osijek. 6 goals on last 8 matches
Kuqaloshi maoist
  • Information