Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

engineer123

None of the albanians playing tonight in Serie A are starting. Berisha, Ismajli, Shpendi, Hysaj and Bajrami all in the bench.
Quite a drop of form compared to the start of the season and it showed in the November matches.
Dallku

engineer123 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:25 pm None of the albanians playing tonight in Serie A are starting. Berisha, Ismajli, Shpendi, Hysaj and Bajrami all in the bench.
Quite a drop of form compared to the start of the season and it showed in the November matches.

It happens every season. Albanian players start the season strong and then fall off.

It's no coincidence that the best NT results historically have happened in September/October. That's when they are in form.

Muci is another one who started the season strong but we haven't heard of him since.
Princ

Albanians try to be more Italian than Italians.

I will never forget when Stankovic came to Tirana with translator and ignored some journalist talking to him in Italian. Super embarrassing for us all..

Next, we had half the stadium sing along to the Italian anthem before they ran us over in our own house. Does it get any worse?

Take in Albanians in Serie A are backups to Italian players and the inferiority complex shoots through the roof.

I would rather play Spain than Italy any day of the week..
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Manaj quietly doing very well at Sivasspor. Already has 9 goals, none of them pens, 6 in the league, and hasn't played that many minutes either because he arrived late. Scored on teams like Fenerbahce or Trabzonspor.

I don't know if it is a turning point or that league is just that bad but he is doing better there than he did in the Spanish 3rd division.

I always thought he would be very good once he got into proper physical condition and started playing regularly at his level. I would not be surprised to see him move to one of the big Turkish clubs after this season, he is doing well for a pretty poor club.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Manaj scored his 6th goal of season, if he will end season with 15 it's guaranteed that will end to one of top 4 clubs
https://twitter.com/Anindagol_g6/status ... 0WEXw&s=19
Kuqaloshi maoist
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

It's hilarious that all "professional" players of our national team are warming bench every week while "amateur" Ramadani plays every minute when is available. He need it only 6 months to show that's it's too good for club like Lecce.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Princ

Ray did well in the Serie A under Thiago Motta and was showing real signs of improvement at NT level too. Unfortunately, he picked up that injury playing for Watford and lost the momentum.

Now that he is picking up steam, it should not be long before we get him back with the NT where he belongs. Always looked forward to seeing how the dynamic between Manaj and Broja would play out since they are polar opposites in character. Some friendly competition amongst each other could help elevate both of their games!
Dallku

Manaj is miles better than Cikalleshi but that's the only advantage he has.

Hard to take Turkish league seriously when players like Cekici, Rroca, Veseli, Lenjani, Cika, etc are able to have careers there but couldn't cope anywhere else. It's a bail out league for wannabe professionals.
Florian

Broja need to leave Chelsea asap. Never seen such selfish players as Sterling, Palmer or Jackson... I'd like to see Broja to some Napoli, Milan or even English teams such as Newcastle or Fulham.
Princ

“ThEy DoNt PaSs tO bRoJA”

Excuse has been used by Albanians for years to justify his poor play, and not only while playing for Chelsea. I will not pass to him either until he starts moving with some purpose.

A good striker does not wait for the ball to fall right to his feet. He is aggressive inside the box, gets into dangerous positions (both on set pieces and while the ball is in play), threatens the goal aerially just as well as with his feet.

Check recent stats, AB hardly registers any shots at all. He can be the biggest, fastest guy on Earth but a striker who does not shoot is useless. AB should do anything possible to threaten the goal.

Win that extra half step on defenders in the box so you can be ready to pounce on headers, deflections, rebounds, any scraps that are available to get your shot count up.
  • Information