Albania at EURO 2016

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Well Albania qualified so we can open this thread.

1) De Biasi: should he stay or should he go? Heard that the job was offered to Tare and he rejected because he wasn't ready to become a coach for the WC2018 qualifiers! De Biasi said he will renew with new terms and raise on his new contract!

2) If De Biasi goes, who can/should replace him? Albanian? Shpetim Duro for the WC qualifiers? Dare I say it... Hasi?

3) What positions are weakest, which are strongest?

4) If you had only 3 new players to bring in for a squad of 23, except those regularly used, who would they be? Who would get dropped from the current squad?

5) Dare I ask for it, your 23-man squad and starting team?

6) Dare I ask for it, De Biasi's 23-man squad and starting team

7) Compare 5) and 6) and then cry yourself to sleep.

8) Indications currently indicate we'll likely be in the 4rth pot... But we'll know better in November, best/worst options for the NT

9) Our strikers Balaj-Cikalleshi--none in great physical shape to play 3 games in a row--how would you solve it ? Rama should get fit by then , would you call him?

10) Donis Avdiaj! Should we call him?
Plako
Team: Partizani

1) De Biasi should stay. It's pointless to get rid of a coach who just qualified us for our first ever tourney. You evaluate things once more after the Euros. If we have a good showing I say we keep him for the WC qualifiers as well.

3) Our strongest position is defense (including the goalie). We are terrible upfront so either bring Manaj or Avdijaj in but that may upset team cohesion.

10) I am torn on Avdijaj. On the one hand he seems like a player we desperately need but on the other hand what do you do if you extend him an invite and he refuses again.

In conclusion I think the only two players I'd call up are Manaj and Avdijaj. Manaj will have a Serie A under his belt by next year and he seems to be doing well at Inter. Drop Salihi and bring in Manaj/Avdijaj. I think we won't see either Manaj or Avidajaj next year though barring an injury to one of the current forwards.
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

5)My 23 man squad:

E. Berisha
Aliji
Cana
Mavraj
Hysaj
Xhaka
Kace
M.Basha
Memushaj
Kukeli
Roshi
Gashi
Cikalleshi
Balaj
Lenjani
Hadergjonaj
Gjimshiti
Ar. Ajeti
D. Avdijaj
Shani Tarashaj
A. Meha
Strakosha
A. Hoxha

New faces: Avdijaj, Tarashaj, Hadergjonaj, Strakosha. Rashica could also deserve a spot depending on how he performs at Vitesse until that time.
Simboli i Diellit

Albania will play Lewandowski's Poland in November . The friendly will be played in Shkoder to the opening ceremony of their renovated stadium.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Loro Borici will only be used for 1 friendly :p. I've always liked that stadium even better than QS. Shame we never played there.

Rama now says the Tirana stadium will be built and will be called "Arena Kombetare", and wants to have it ready for next campaign.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit

Promisses, the new stadium in Tirane should take about 2 years to be completed . They could use the Loro Boriçi few times :)
ErliBird
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How much money is going to be flowing into Albania from the tournament?
Simboli i Diellit

ErliBird wrote:How much money is flowing into Albania from the tournament?
12 million at least just for qualifying. Might get some more by winning or drawing group matches. They should also get 7-10 millions at the start of next qualifiers only for the TV rights because we have two big teams in our group , Italy -Spain . Then add to all of this the sponsors .
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

1)If he not reaches semi-finals, I think he should leave.
2) Paolo Di Canio
Kuqaloshi maoist
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I think all that money will be going to the new stadium (and Rama's and Duka's friends who will get the tenders). Notice how Rama only made the announcement after they qualified.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information