MLB

All other sports besides football: volleyball, basketball, boxing, cycling, Formula One, weightlifting etc.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

Pjetër wrote:The last time a team swept an LCS and then went on to win a World Series was in 95 with the Atlanta Braves. Mets are more likely to get swept themselves than they are to win the World Series.
Looks this prediction might come true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Cespedes :shock:

It's amazing how some guys can be professional baseball players and still not understand simple baseball strategy.
Plako

Pjetër wrote:Cespedes :shock:

It's amazing how some guys can be professional baseball players and still not understand simple baseball strategy.
Still it was Murphy who lost them the game.

Pjetër

I didn't know you watched baseball. Are you fan of the sport or just a mets fan?

As for Murphy, while I normally don't believe that one player can necessarily lose a team a game I think his screw up came about as close as you can get. There is no excuse for not at least batting that ball down. It's almost as bad as Buckner's. I think the Mets are finished.
Plako

Pjetër wrote:I didn't know you watched baseball. Are you fan of the sport or just a mets fan?

As for Murphy, while I normally don't believe that one player can necessarily lose a team a game I think his screw up came about as close as you can get. There is no excuse for not at least batting that ball down. It's almost as bad as Buckner's. I think the Mets are finished.
I used to follow baseball (during the Yankees years) and basketball (Lakers years) and then as soccer has become more available on TV I've started to follow it exclusively. I also have a lot of friends who are Mets fans so have become attached to them. I've been to one Giants live game and that's about it. Next year I might go to some Mets games as my brother in law is a die hard fan.

Pjetër

Matt Harvey should have been taken out after the first guy he let on base. I feel bad for Familia because he was put in an awful situation where he pretty much has to strike out the side or else the Royals would score.

On the bright side Harvey's performance makes what Jack Morris did in '91 look even more amazing. :D
Plako

Pjetër wrote:Matt Harvey should have been taken out after the first guy he let on base. I feel bad for Familia because he was put in an awful situation where he pretty much has to strike out the side or else the Royals would score.

On the bright side Harvey's performance makes what Jack Morris did in '91 look even more amazing. :D
True but Familia messed things up in Game 1 with the Solo HR in the 9th inning.

Looking back I think the Royals could not be denied this series. They kept coming back every single time they wee put into a corner. And Mets on the other hand kept messing up at every opportunity given.

Plako

Pjetër wrote:Matt Harvey should have been taken out after the first guy he let on base. I feel bad for Familia because he was put in an awful situation where he pretty much has to strike out the side or else the Royals would score.

True but Familia messed things up in Game 1 with the Solo HR in the 9th inning.

Looking back I think the Royals could not be denied this series. They kept coming back every single time they wee put into a corner. And Mets on the other hand kept messing up at every opportunity given.

NYVirus
Team: Arsenal; Skenderbeu; New York Mets
Been thanked: 0

Spring training is almost here... Let's Go Mets!
Pjetër

This may be the first year in my entire history of watching the Tigers where they have a closer who won't give me constant heart attacks.
  • Information