"Arena Kombetare" the new stadium in Tirane

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Do you like the changes on the project?

You may select 1 option

View results
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:Plako, the area/plaza in front of the stadium, will be given for free to a private company for eternity. That "tower" in the stadium too. They'll build bars, restaurants, offices there, but 0 of the profits will be going to FSHF/government.

This is ridiculous considering the price of the stadium is cost of Loro Borici renovations i + the 10 million UEFA is giving them. We're not building a 100 million euro stadium.
Oh I see what you guys mean now. Yeah that's messed up. I also don't like the fact that this private company has no stake in local football as they don't own any Superliga teams so whoever plays in Qemal Stafa will be paying rent. No wonder Partizani is looking to build its own ground.
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Plako, the area/plaza in front of the stadium, will be given for free to a private company for eternity.
"Eternity" is a long time homie.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Pjetër wrote:"Eternity" is a long time homie.
Ha good point, "eternity" in Albania lasts as long as your friends are in power :)
Berti
Team: Leeds
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I don't feel that we should be discussing this that passionately as I'm still sceptical whether it'll be build anyway. In typical Albanian fashion we never get angry about the monstrosities that happen every day there, but we go mad about potential future harmless ones. Prime locations in Tirana? Behave, there are no such things since 92. I don't suspect dodgy deal in Albania. I expect it as otherwise nothing happens. There's no investments in Albania without dirt. If on this one we get a stadium then at least it's not for nothing
Dallku

Berti wrote:There's no investments in Albania without dirt. If on this one we get a stadium then at least it's not for nothing
Exactly. Baby steps.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

UEFA is forcing Albania to build a new stadium. They have no choice. EA was only temporary. I don't know why just building a stadium, with massive corruption and fraud, is considered an accomplishment, when it's mandatory.

FSHF could have made insane amounts of revenue from the restaurants, clubs, offices, nearby. It's ridiculous to just hand off that space to a private company.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Actually the stadium in Elbasan and the new one in Shkoder fit UEFA criteria. They are not forcing FSHF to built a stadium in Tirana. They only forced them for Elbasan(or else Albania would be playing in Macedonia or Montenegro).

Tbh FSHF wasted a lot of money for Elbasan and especially Shkoder. Perhaps it would've been better if they focused most of their resources on the big one in Tirana.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Elbasan was supposed to be a temporary stadium, until Qemal Stafa could be rebuilt. That was the deal with UEFA.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Elbasan arena being temporary was just FSHF's idea and wishful thinking not a UEFA demand. UEFA just wanted a stadium which met their requirements and now Albania has two of them. The NT can continue playing in Elbasan for 30 more years and UEFA can't say shit because it's a category 3/4 stadium which meets all of the requirements. Only thing it doesn't have is a roof but that's not a big deal. Now Loro Borici is even better than Elbasani's so the Tirana one is a desire more than a need.
  • Information