[WC 2018] Albania - FYROM Macedonia - 05/09/2016

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Dallku

Whatever the lineup is(I'm reading different ones), the only chance to score will be from crosses and set pieces. Albania just doesn't have any players who can break a team through passing & dribbling. Agolli and Hysaj need to push forward and whip in crosses. That will be very important.

As far as the players go, I gotta say that Gashi is one I was secretly hoping would switch to Kosovo. The guy has over 15 caps and besides the Armenia games he hasn't done shit. At least Leshi has done some things on his own. I hope Gashi doesn't start.
artan

Looks like we play a 4-5-1 now?

-----------Sadiku
Hyka----------------Gashi
----Abrashi------Xhaka
-------------Kukeli
Agoli-Mavraj-Gym-Hysaj
------------Berisha

If we're playing a 4-5-1 there's no reason why Memushaj or Kace shouldn't be inserted in the lineup especially against Macedonia. I actually think starting Gashi against Macedonia is the correct choice as he might just poach one in against a weaker side. I would like to see Lenjani in place of Gashi and I don't mind Hyka starting, lets hope Hyka dribbles around those Bulgars.

1-0 Albania with a header from Gym city in the 23rd minute. Ferhan Hasani purposely misses an open sitter in the 89th minute to score an equalizer.
artan

BTW, what channel will be streaming this match?
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

------------------Pandev
------Trickovski-Hasani-Alioski
-------Petrovic-----Spirovski
Zhuta-Ristevski-Sikov-Ristovski
------------------Zahov

This is Macedonias projected line up for today.

Basically the attacking players are solid with Pandev, serie A player (even though hes not in his prime anymore), Trickovski, our Albanian friend Hasani and Alioski. They are missing a key winger Trajkovski who plays for Palermo, which is good news for us.

The midfield along with their centre backs are their clear weaknesses.
So much so that even with a bunkering counter attacking team like us, we should be able to string passes together in midfield and control ball possesion.

Their fullbacks are ok, average to below average players that Hyka, Gashi or Lenjani can challenge on the wing.

Their goalkeeper is a Shkendija player who was pretty decent for them in the europa league matches, but not a world class player.
artan

No Ibraimi?

Looks like Macedonia will play very defensive. Like him or not this is a game where Gashi should thrive on, he's gonna be key player. Sadiku feasts on amateur defenses all the time for club and country so there's that.
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi

The ref is Turkish. Advantage us :)
Plako
Team: Partizani

Albanian Damien wrote:The ref is Turkish. Advantage us :)

Hopefully all those who have been bitching about Turco-Albanian brotherhood will stop complaining when he calls 3 PKs for us today ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mbreti i Kosoves

Any links to the stream?

edit:

nvm I found a stream. but a HD stream would be nice.

:flag:
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi

Official LinesUps:

http://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers ... index.html

Supposedly we're playing a 4-3-3 if I'm seeing this correctly..
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

We play 4:3:3 but we don't have any playmaker in midfield. Just like Dallku said , we score from set pieces or crosses from flanks.
  • Information