CAS Reverses Serbia-Albania Loss

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Oh, I thought the game finished. I remember it playing to a full 90?

If that's the case, then this trial will just be Atkinson vs. Albania. I don't understand why they give so much say to the refs in the first place, especially in circumstances where they have little power.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako
Team: Partizani

DigBick wrote:Oh, I thought the game finished. I remember it playing to a full 90?

If that's the case, then this trial will just be Atkinson vs. Albania.
I think the Montenegro game was halted in the 67 minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dallku

DigBick wrote:Oh, I thought the game finished. I remember it playing to a full 90?

If that's the case, then this trial will just be Atkinson vs. Albania. I don't understand why they give so much say to the refs in the first place, especially in circumstances where they have little power.
Nah that game definitely didn't finish. Ref canceled it as soon as the 2nd incident happened.

It's the ref's responsibility to check if a game is good to continue or at least given another "chance" on a short leash(like the ref in Mon-Russia did).

Albania just refused to continue
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Well in that case we're probably fucked. I thought CAS had the power to override ref's decisions. But if UEFA's rules say ref has the last say, and CAS is just re-enforcing those rules, then there's little they can do.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

CAS TAS just updated the list of hearings 5 minutes ago and Serbia-Albania isn't in it anymore :lol:

http://www.tas-cas.org/en/general-infor ... ences.html
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

I was afraid that would be the case. It's bs the ref even asked our players to go out and continue the game. They were physically attacked, majority of them were our starters. Yet, the Serbian players weren't even touched. But rules are rules in this case. If the CAS sees that Albania refused to play after the referee ordered them to get back on, that's all that will matter to them.

I thought we might've had a chance if there was some proof of miscommunication or scheming from the ref. I thought we had something with the whole "can you go back and play OR are able to play". But that was probably just De Biasi knowing 2 words outside Italian.

It doesn't look like the CAS or the FSHF can find some rules and new evidence to bend the result. If there is, they are going to have to look really hard, and I doubt they will. CAS can only make a decision with the evidence and rule criteria they are given. Being treated unfairly won't cut it.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Well today the vice president of Serbian FA said that UEFA might ban Serbia and Croatia from 3 to 5 years from international football. http://www.jutarnji.hr/prazan-poljud-je ... -/1329512/

Also Armando Duka said today that their defensive strategy (don't know why they need to make it pubblic) will be based molsty on the Montenegro-Russia decison and that's what De Biasi and Cana will testimony. I can see tears falling down from their eyes in court :D
Shpati

The Russia-Montenegro case will actually hurt us though.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Shpati wrote:The Russia-Montenegro case will actually hurt us though.
Yes, it does. However, what precedent will they set of violence can be awarded with a home win? There's a return game in Albania.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shpati

Plako wrote:However, what precedent will they set of violence can be awarded with a home win? There's a return game in Albania.
Like UEFA gives a shit... They would worry about setting a good precedent with countries they actually care about.

In the return game, I see them calling off the game and awarding Serbia with the win tbh.
  • Information