Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

artan

It doesn't seem like Manaj is leaving which sucks for us since he's obviously going to be a mascot for them. Imagine he becomes the next Mariano Diaz
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

artan wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:10 am It doesn't seem like Manaj is leaving which sucks for us since he's obviously going to be a mascot for them. Imagine he becomes the next Mariano Diaz
Trust me when I say he serves us much more as a bench player for Barca, then trying to "develop" in Asia.

A lot of these Balkan and Eastern European players have terrible work ethic and lack of self confidence. Seeing guys like Vrioni play for Juve or Manaj for Barca, is an awesome fire under their asses. There was a time when we were just happy Ujkani was debuting in Serie A. Now that league is flooded with Albo players.

The last thing we need is young players giving up on their careers and going to Turkish 2nd division for a quick paycheque.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:55 am
artan wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:10 am It doesn't seem like Manaj is leaving which sucks for us since he's obviously going to be a mascot for them. Imagine he becomes the next Mariano Diaz
Trust me when I say he serves us much more as a bench player for Barca, then trying to "develop" in Asia.

A lot of these Balkan and Eastern European players have terrible work ethic and lack of self confidence. Seeing guys like Vrioni play for Juve or Manaj for Barca, is an awesome fire under their asses. There was a time when we were just happy Ujkani was debuting in Serie A. Now that league is flooded with Albo players.

The last thing we need is young players giving up on their careers and going to Turkish 2nd division for a quick paycheque.
He won't be a bench player for Barca though since he''ll just be sent down to the Barca B team. I think if Manaj has an offer in a first division club in Portugal or Netherlands he should take it. He has some work ethic and he's a pitbull in general, he needs atleast be a poacher offensively or have one positive trait offensively. He won't get that at Barca.

For example, if he had Salihi's poaching skills (who was pretty bad at everything else) I think he can be a decent striker for us.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

artan wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:15 am He won't be a bench player for Barca though since he''ll just be sent down to the Barca B team. I think if Manaj has an offer in a first division club in Portugal or Netherlands he should take it. He has some work ethic and he's a pitbull in general, he needs atleast be a poacher offensively or have one positive trait offensively. He won't get that at Barca.

For example, if he had Salihi's poaching skills (who was pretty bad at everything else) I think he can be a decent striker for us.
Training with world class players is probably better for your career than actual games with some teams. If you watch some Barca training vids, their speed of play in training is mindblowing. Way faster than games.

You get to see how the best of the best do it, and compete with them. Plus their diet and conditioning will be next level.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:28 am
artan wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:15 am He won't be a bench player for Barca though since he''ll just be sent down to the Barca B team. I think if Manaj has an offer in a first division club in Portugal or Netherlands he should take it. He has some work ethic and he's a pitbull in general, he needs atleast be a poacher offensively or have one positive trait offensively. He won't get that at Barca.

Training with world class players is probably better for your career than actual games with some teams. If you watch some Barca training vids, their speed of play in training is mindblowing. Way faster than games.

You get to see how the best of the best do it, and compete with them. Plus their diet and conditioning will be next level.
I actually do agree with you on that. If it’s Barca bench or some random mid table club in Kazakhstan or Turkish first division then yea. But a first division club in Portugal or Netherlands gives him chances to play against some good competition. He should take that offer from that Portuguese team as I don’t think he has better options. I don’t think he’s good enough to be a starter for a team like Cadiz who has shown interest.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Barca haven't accepted any offers for Manaj. If he isn't needed he would be gone by now. It doesn't make sense for them to sell him for a few million from an objective point of view as he is young hard-working and can do that sub role well enough during the time where they are broke. I think not only playing for Barca can help other Albanians as Aurora said but I think it will help him as well, it's hard to motivate yourself to play well when you play at a low level, having played with Barca and at that highest level will help him motivate himself.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

I'd also add, if he succeeds in the minutes he gets this month/later, not only will it boost his confidence and performance up but also secure him a great move.
Negative Fan

I mean just 4 goals in pre season friendly increased the interest of Manaj from some unknown Portuguese team to Cadiz and Sassuolo and recently Venezia, Betis and even Wolves.
Dallku

While Manaj's chances of staying are increasing by the day Barca's coach asked them to sign another #9. They still have until the 30th to do so. It will be shocking if they settle for Braithwaite and Manaj as their only #9s. Let's be real.

Funny thing is that their attackers are very injury prone. Aguero got injured in literally his first training session.
IndritFieri
Team: AC Milan
FK Apollonia
Kuq & Zi
Italy

Dallku wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:28 pm While Manaj's chances of staying are increasing by the day Barca's coach asked them to sign another #9. They still have until the 30th to do so. It will be shocking if they settle for Braithwaite and Manaj as their only #9s. Let's be real.

Funny thing is that their attackers are very injury prone. Aguero got injured in literally his first training session.
This literally came out today!

https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/ ... wsrc%5Etfw

It is hilarious how we all made fun of Manaj and how the Albanian media kept forgetting about the "B" when they published about the purchase of Manaj by Barcelona and he kept riding the ambiguity of the signing and he ends up playing for the real team.
  • Information