Albania vs Romania

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

AlMadman

Hungary beat Austria, Northern Ireland beat Ukraine. Two opponents that made albania look like Luxembourg.

Albos should book the tickets and go home. f*** this pride bullshit, results matter at the end of the day.
Dallku

We seriously risk of ending up as the worst team of the tournament with 0 points and 0 goals. Everyone else is doing something.

As the ESPN analysts keep on saying, "moral victories" get forgotten quickly but results will be remembered forever. Albania has always gotten moral victories.

People can easily say that we've been "unlucky" but nah, the way we lost those two matches is the most typical Albanian fashion possible. Them late goals, blunders, etc are all tradition.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I think we're way past that point now. We've choked in spectacular fashion as always. It's sad really, seeing most of these new teams are actually motivated and not shitting their pants.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
KelmendVllazni

Who cares if we're the worst team or not, just enjoy this moment while it's here. No one is going to remember who the worst team was anyway. We caused more issues for Switzerland with 10 players than Romania did with 11, we also played fairly well against France.
Albo_eagle

You lot have some poor mentality. Some one said go home, lool what. I will be in France on Sunday and we will jump,shout,sing and get behind our team.
AlMadman

Relax kid. This is football, it's a figure of speech, I'm merely assessing our footballing performance. I had zero expectations result wise coming into the tournament. We hardly set a foot in the qualifiers, a one nill bunker tactic win in Portugal, and two draws against Denmark.

We are in a football forum, I should think that I'm allowed to criticise our performance without overshadowing this historical moment. However, this historical moment could have easily continued if it wasn't for the performance of these players on the pitch. Yes, they played with heart, pride, bla bla...But a the end of the day they walked away with 0 points and 0 goals because of stupid mistakes of their own, not due to the ability of the opposition.

Albania isn't going to get this chance again, as much as you like to play with your fantasy line-ups with likes of rashica, avdijaj, cekici etc. The TRUTH is none of these players are even good enough to achieve what this current squad has achieved, let alone aim for more. However, we can always dream of what could/will be, rather then what it is.

Not denying this has been a unique experience for everyone involved and we should still party. I hope you have a good time on Sunday, who knows, we might even meet.
Aurora Bulkualis

The historic event was in Armenia when we qualified. The EUROs themselves are a different competition from the qualifiers.

The EURO campaign has been so far a failure. The only thing worse would've been total embarrassment. If you want to cheer that we didn't get embarassed, great, but for me personally and a lot of other people it doesn't do much good.

Let's salvage something against Romania at least.
Albo_eagle

What i am saying is be negative all you want after we are disqualified. For now keep the belief and get behind your team. Forca Shqipëria!
Migjeni

No matter what some of you guys say, we've come a long way. I remember always dreaming of us being part of the EC or WC and now we're here. Yes, we've lost the two games, but almost every team will lose and life will go on - there will only be one winner. I'm happy, that we've not been humiliated in any way or seemed to be out of place. We've been 'kundershtare te denje'

Let's hope we'll win against the Romanians, even though it'll still be a hard match to win. They haven't been bad, but I think we can beat them. If we go through to the next round, that's only icing on the cake.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
Aurora Bulkualis

Migjeni wrote:We've been 'kundershtare te denje'
That's what losers say. I'd be happy even if we lost 6-0 every game, since they popped major tourney cherry, but so far at least you can't deny EUROs have been a failure.
  • Information