Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Dallku

Kabashi is a good example on why I cant take these Armando Broja type kids seriously. Once they step foot into the senior game they often get exposed.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:14 pmTrue but he'd still have to switch federations because he's registered with Albania right now. Has Italy ever snatched a player who was with another FA?? That's what I doubt.
Thiago Motta played for Brazil and then switched to Italy. Camoranesi was born in Argentina but never played for them, only for Italy.

Italy will definitely call up the right player if he is of Italian descent, no matter where they were born. However, they would never call up someone of Albanian descent even if they were born in Italy. Honestly it is the right strategy if you believe in nationality via Jus Sanguinis.
Plako

Migjeni wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:35 pmAll this talk about snatching players reminds me of Elvis Kabashi. I can see he plays in a Seria C-team now. That's what you get for thinking you're the shit and changing from Albania to Italy and writing an open letter about how Italian you are, just because you think you have an actual shot to play for Italy. Lol.
I get overcome with Schadenfreude when I see cunts like him toiling n Serie C.
Dallku wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:58 pm Kabashi is a good example on why I cant take these Armando Broja type kids seriously. Once they step foot into the senior game they often get exposed.
Yes but by that logic you wrote off Rashica too.
Princ

Rashica was killing it with the big boys in Netherlands, a pretty professional league.. Broja is playing with the school boys in u18, its way to early to tell with him
Dallku

Plako wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:44 pm
Yes but by that logic you wrote off Rashica too.
??

Rashica played for a big club youth team?? :skuptoj:

Rashica is literally the opposite of what I was referring to. Lol
Plako

Dallku wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:15 pm ??

Rashica played for a big club youth team?? :skuptoj:

Rashica is literally the opposite of what I was referring to. Lol
Aha, yes good point there :)
artan

Plako wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:41 pm
Dallku wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:14 pmTrue but he'd still have to switch federations because he's registered with Albania right now. Has Italy ever snatched a player who was with another FA?? That's what I doubt.
Thiago Motta played for Brazil and then switched to Italy. Camoranesi was born in Argentina but never played for them, only for Italy.

Italy will definitely call up the right player if he is of Italian descent, no matter where they were born. However, they would never call up someone of Albanian descent even if they were born in Italy. Honestly it is the right strategy if you believe in nationality via Jus Sanguinis.
Italy has called up several Brazilians over the years. Some of them probably have some Italian anestry like Jorginho (who passes easily) but other guys like Eder or Emerson? Ehh. That's like us trying to call up Candreva because he's arbersh. They'll make the clam these guys have a deep Italian ancestor to justify just like how we try to do with that Argentinian fullback we tried to call up.

If Albania ignored calling up Hysaj back in 2013 when he was a nobody and waited a few years it would have been too late. No doubt Italy would have capped him. Also, why do they call up Balotelli, Keane and Ogbanna despite these guys not having an ounce of Italian ancestry?
CanaYouDoIt

Nothing pisses me off more than people choosing the Greek national team ; they’ve done nothing but be racist towards our people . I understand people like Granit or Mustafi picking countries who’ve helped us so much but to pick Greece ? They can go suck their mums
Plako

artan wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:51 amItaly has called up several Brazilians over the years. Some of them probably have some Italian anestry like Jorginho (who passes easily) but other guys like Eder or Emerson? Ehh. That's like us trying to call up Candreva because he's arbersh. They'll make the clam these guys have a deep Italian ancestor to justify just like how we try to do with that Argentinian fullback we tried to call up.

If Albania ignored calling up Hysaj back in 2013 when he was a nobody and waited a few years it would have been too late. No doubt Italy would have capped him. Also, why do they call up Balotelli, Keane and Ogbanna despite these guys not having an ounce of Italian ancestry?
Balotelli was adopted by Italian parents. He wasn't eligible for any other countries.

You have a point on Kean and Ogbanna though.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

I don’t believe there was a chance for Hysaj to play in Italian NT. When we capped him he was playing in Serie B (19 years old) and no-one knew him. Kean and Ogbonna debuted respectively 17 and 18 years old in Serie A with Juventus and Torino. Both of them were born in Italy to parents who were living in Italy years before their birth. Both of them outclassed their youth levels ...

Italy doesn’t tend to snatch foreign players for the mayor team if they’re not world class , only few cases in youth levels like Molla who switched to play for their U17 and so far has played 10 games for their U17 and 1 for their U18. Molla was also part of the team that played the Euro U17 final and is Bologna’s third GK. Same with Rilind Nivokazi and Alessandro Ahmetaj but i highly doubt any of them will ever play for their Nt.

At some point you have to consider the player’s will. These guys are born here and raised as Italians , some probably got even ignored by Bushi/Bogdani and co...
  • Information