Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Dallku

Stiven Shpendi to Empoli looks like a done deal.

A great move for everyone involved. Probably the next Albanian player to make Empoli a lot of money.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:59 pm Stiven Shpendi to Empoli looks like a done deal.

A great move for everyone involved. Probably the next Albanian player to make Empoli a lot of money.
Thats a very good choice from him, will get game time and a bigger move soon enough.
Dallku

Seferi ---> UAE league

Veseli ----> Fatih Karagumruk

both make sense
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

https://twitter.com/fcrk_en/status/1682 ... FfmxQ&s=19
Mirlind Daku needs only three minutes to score his first goal on Rubin Kazan jersey, later made one assist on his debut.
Mitaj started game from bench and was brought on in the 71th minute.
Kuqaloshi maoist
artan

Didn't realize he transferred to Rubin Kazan. He looks like a big powerful striker. I feel stupid now because I didn't think he was much in the past but in hindsight he should have been called up over guys like Seferi, Cikaleshi or Sadiku the other month.

He probably will start in September if he doesn't decide to switch to Kosovo again. I'll take a 6'4 powerful Daku over a useless Cikaleshi.
Dallku

^ I doubt he ever switched to Albania. He just got the passport so he could transfer to Russia since Kosovar passport is not recognized by them. This guy should continue with Kosovo since Muriqi is the only competition he got.
artan

Dallku wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:33 pm ^ I doubt he ever switched to Albania. He just got the passport so he could transfer to Russia since Kosovar passport is not recognized by them. This guy should continue with Kosovo since Muriqi is the only competition he got.
Maybe but there's been rumors of him joining the Albanian NT for over a year now and it makes sense since a player playing in Slovenia would jump at the chance for NT play. As of now who knows. Muriqi is clearly the better player but they play with one striker. Albania has Broja but who knows with his injury and it seems like Daku would get much more playing time with Albania since we've shown to play with two forwards and he's probably an upgrade over Cikaleshi and Seferi.

I do think his height and physicality makes him an interesting player. I don't remember the last time we had such a big and physical player like that. Edgar Cani? But at the end of the day this guy could just end up being a Balaj 2.0 and disappoint us.
Dallku

artan wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:02 pm

Maybe but there's been rumors of him joining the Albanian NT for over a year now and it makes sense since a player playing in Slovenia would jump at the chance for NT play.

It was a misunderstanding because he was getting his passport but now even panorama is saying that he'll continue playing for Kosovo. Albania has a player with those same characteristics: Vrioni and we know how important he is. For that striker position besides Broja you can play Bajrami(who was really a striker in the last 2 games), Muci (who should be a starter anyway), Shpendi if he breaks through this season.

The one who's looking to switch is Arbnor Muja who seems like a solid player and top league material. If I'm Kosovo I'm doing everything to keep this guy. It will be a big loss for them.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

I actually kind of like Seferi. He doesn't seem that bad whenever I've watched him with Albania, not a disaster technically, physically ok, decent movement. Not a liability.
Klejdi1023

Dallku wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:16 pm
artan wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:02 pm

Maybe but there's been rumors of him joining the Albanian NT for over a year now and it makes sense since a player playing in Slovenia would jump at the chance for NT play.

It was a misunderstanding because he was getting his passport but now even panorama is saying that he'll continue playing for Kosovo. Albania has a player with those same characteristics: Vrioni and we know how important he is. For that striker position besides Broja you can play Bajrami(who was really a striker in the last 2 games), Muci (who should be a starter anyway), Shpendi if he breaks through this season.

The one who's looking to switch is Arbnor Muja who seems like a solid player and top league material. If I'm Kosovo I'm doing everything to keep this guy. It will be a big loss for them.
According to sport ekspres, Muja has already committed to Albania and will join for the Sept games. If true, I think it's huge for us as we are still lacking in the winger position. Then we'd have both wings covered, Asani and Muja on the right, Uzuni and Mehmeti on the left. If needed even Bajrami and Muci can play there if any of those guys are out injured or suspended.
  • Information