Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

artan

Albania recently called up Abnor Mucolli who was recently playing in the danish second division. There are still some amateurs left in the roster getting call ups. There is definitely a spot for him based on merit alone.

It’s only controversial because he has some hype and a diaspora but no one bats an eye when a Turkish second league player or mucolli gets called up. To also invite him to the u21 instead of the senior is a bit of an insult to him as he’s clearly ahead of the u21 currently
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Plako wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:23 pm
ZenMaster wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:35 pmMessage is clear to the rest of the team MERITOCRACY! Ibrahimovic should be invited based on merits, he has played only 179 minutes on Serie A and Coppa Italia combined, still has done better than Nedim Bajrami who has played 649 minutes this season and has one assist less than Ibrahimovic. Albania should invite him because has shown on football pitch that deserves it, Marvin Cuni who is striker got his chance on friendly against Bulgaria with 0 goals scored so why Ibra doesn't deserve it?
Does Ibra Jr. even have Albanian passport though to be called up? Also form an administrative perspective would he have to start proceedings for a switch to Albania or is he free to choose as this point as he has no senior callups by Germany?

The squad for November will be announced Friday. If he even had a slight interest the least he could do was to meet up with Bushi and let him know of his demands.
It's obvious that for Moldova and Faroe Island game is impossible because of even he wants to switch paper work takes some time.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:27 pm Albania recently called up Abnor Mucolli who was recently playing in the danish second division. There are still some amateurs left in the roster getting call ups. There is definitely a spot for him based on merit alone.

It’s only controversial because he has some hype and a diaspora but no one bats an eye when a Turkish second league player or mucolli gets called up. To also invite him to the u21 instead of the senior is a bit of an insult to him as he’s clearly ahead of the u21 currently
I don't think anyone is against Ibra's callup. He has massive potential and is definitely worth it gambling a spot in the roster for him. But he has to show some willingness to want to play for us. So far I haven't seen any signs from him. Even Januzaj who ended up rejecting us in the end was flirting with Albania big time. Even Nelson Weiper is fliritng with us right now. There have been zero signs from Ibra's camp that he wants to play for us unless I missed something.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I hope Cuni puts in a good word, but Cuni might be pissed like Rashica cause there's a low chance he'll be called up to EUROs atm.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:48 am I hope Cuni puts in a good word, but Cuni might be pissed like Rashica cause there's a low chance he'll be called up to EUROs atm.
Unless if an injury occurs then you're right (although there's probably a good chance Broja will just be injured). But Cikaleshi will never be dropped and probably be starting which is a crime. Daku will be given a spot and as will Broja. Cikaleshi is not even a locker room guy because I doubt he connects and has relations with the diaspora players. Players like Bajrami or Mitaj probably can't even communicate with him and he gives no leadership qualities.

I'm also guessing a guy like Muci will be dropped. The manager will probably take Seferi, Muja, Asani and Uzuini as wingers.
artan

Plako wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:04 am
artan wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:27 pm Albania recently called up Abnor Mucolli who was recently playing in the danish second division. There are still some amateurs left in the roster getting call ups. There is definitely a spot for him based on merit alone.

I don't think anyone is against Ibra's callup. He has massive potential and is definitely worth it gambling a spot in the roster for him. But he has to show some willingness to want to play for us. So far I haven't seen any signs from him. Even Januzaj who ended up rejecting us in the end was flirting with Albania big time. Even Nelson Weiper is fliritng with us right now. There have been zero signs from Ibra's camp that he wants to play for us unless I missed something.
He could be the next Julian Green and just be in the second divisions the rest of his career but when you have a young player that is promising like him you have to call him to cap tie him. Every national team does this and in all honesty Ibrahimovic is good enough for the Senior NT. There probably isn't much of a a difference between him and the guys starting right now.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Plako wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:04 am
artan wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:27 pm
FSHF should do their job, of course always with suggestion and approval of manager but it's FSHF duty to go after every player of albanian origin who shows in football pitch that is good enough to contribute for national team. FSHF should use right people, strategy and most important thing is momentum to maximalise chances to get players with potential. It's up to the player and his family to make decision but FSHF should do everything on their power to make optimal approach. I don't believe we should "promise" EURO's spots, they should earn it on pitch, Gruda and Ibrahimovic have shown they deserve minutes on friendlies and if they do well they will be part of list. Players should have incentive to make switch, if Bushi contacts Gruda it's not serious approach because Gruda already plays for Germany U21, it should be Sylvinho or don't contact him. It's unfair to say Gruda rejected national team, if it was only Bushi who has contacted and invited to play for U21.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Dallku

Plako wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:04 am But he has to show some willingness to want to play for us. So far I haven't seen any signs from him.

Does little bro even know he's Albanian?? Could be like Balliu.

Ultimately people are wasting their time with this one. German youth international starter at 17 in Serie A... yeah good luck with that one.
Plako

artan wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:21 amUnless if an injury occurs then you're right (although there's probably a good chance Broja will just be injured). But Cikaleshi will never be dropped and probably be starting which is a crime. Daku will be given a spot and as will Broja. Cikaleshi is not even a locker room guy because I doubt he connects and has relations with the diaspora players. Players like Bajrami or Mitaj probably can't even communicate with him and he gives no leadership qualities.

I'm also guessing a guy like Muci will be dropped. The manager will probably take Seferi, Muja, Asani and Uzuini as wingers.
Cika unforutntely is this edition's Andi Lila. So frustrating to see him upfront being utterly useless. The only thing that frustrates me more are Hysaj's guaranteed f***-ups in every single game where he literally could cost us the game.

I'd be ok with sacrificing any of Seferi/Uzuni/Muci to give these new players a spot.
Plako

ZenMaster wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:50 pmFSHF should do their job, of course always with suggestion and approval of manager but it's FSHF duty to go after every player of albanian origin who shows in football pitch that is good enough to contribute for national team. FSHF should use right people, strategy and most important thing is momentum to maximalise chances to get players with potential. It's up to the player and his family to make decision but FSHF should do everything on their power to make optimal approach. I don't believe we should "promise" EURO's spots, they should earn it on pitch, Gruda and Ibrahimovic have shown they deserve minutes on friendlies and if they do well they will be part of list. Players should have incentive to make switch, if Bushi contacts Gruda it's not serious approach because Gruda already plays for Germany U21, it should be Sylvinho or don't contact him. It's unfair to say Gruda rejected national team, if it was only Bushi who has contacted and invited to play for U21.
Sylvinho reaching out to them directly is a good point but FSHF has done some decent work lately. They added Daku/Muja in record time. I feel like we overestimate the pull FSHF has, especially with players that are part of the German NT program. We have seen time and time again that any Albanian player will not even consider Albania if they stand the slightest chance of being part of Germany.

We also forget how important it is for their club careers to be part of Germany vs. Albania. Look at the likes of Timo Werner or Kai Havertz. Would they have been treated the same by their clubs had they not been German? I don't think so.
  • Information