Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

artan

Dallku wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:16 pm
artan wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:02 pm

Maybe but there's been rumors of him joining the Albanian NT for over a year now and it makes sense since a player playing in Slovenia would jump at the chance for NT play.

It was a misunderstanding because he was getting his passport but now even panorama is saying that he'll continue playing for Kosovo. Albania has a player with those same characteristics: Vrioni and we know how important he is. For that striker position besides Broja you can play Bajrami(who was really a striker in the last 2 games), Muci (who should be a starter anyway), Shpendi if he breaks through this season.

The one who's looking to switch is Arbnor Muja who seems like a solid player and top league material. If I'm Kosovo I'm doing everything to keep this guy. It will be a big loss for them.
If we're being honest Broja is the only real striker we have. Vrioni is an amateur, Muci is a winger/attacking midfielder and regardless a completely different skillset than Daku and Bajrami is simply not a forward and waste of his skillset. Shpendi is interesting but it's not fair to judge him yet. I would also say theoretically Uzuini is a forward but he's been squandering so many chances. I don't consider guys like Seferi, Cikaleshi, Sadiku, etc, as professional players.

I also wish the journalists put more pressure on these guys instead of writing about Armando Dobra in the 5th division of England..
Klejdi1023

artan wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:31 am
Dallku wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:16 pm
artan wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:02 pm

Maybe but there's been rumors of him joining the Albanian NT for over a year now and it makes sense since a player playing in Slovenia would jump at the chance for NT play.

It was a misunderstanding because he was getting his passport but now even panorama is saying that he'll continue playing for Kosovo. Albania has a player with those same characteristics: Vrioni and we know how important he is. For that striker position besides Broja you can play Bajrami(who was really a striker in the last 2 games), Muci (who should be a starter anyway), Shpendi if he breaks through this season.

The one who's looking to switch is Arbnor Muja who seems like a solid player and top league material. If I'm Kosovo I'm doing everything to keep this guy. It will be a big loss for them.
If we're being honest Broja is the only real striker we have. Vrioni is an amateur, Muci is a winger/attacking midfielder and regardless a completely different skillset than Daku and Bajrami is simply not a forward and waste of his skillset. Shpendi is interesting but it's not fair to judge him yet. I would also say theoretically Uzuini is a forward but he's been squandering so many chances. I don't consider guys like Seferi, Cikaleshi, Sadiku, etc, as professional players.

I also wish the journalists put more pressure on these guys instead of writing about Armando Dobra in the 5th division of England..
We need Broja to stay healthy, otherwise we are going to keep seeing The trio of Cika, Seferi and Sadiku for a lil longer. I think Kosova will call up Daku in Sept so I Doubt he will play for Albania, but for sure he’d be the best backup to Broja if he does join us. Shpendi also has potential but he should continue with u21 until he is ready for the A team. Rumour is Pajaziti will be called up in Sept, that would be an interesting prospect to see in midfield, where we desperately need upgrades.
Dallku

Not a fan of Vrioni at all but what makes Daku better than him? They look like identical type players.... in fact Vrioni dominated a stronger league and even forced someone to pay nearly 4 million for him. Daku failed for Kukesi.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:26 am Not a fan of Vrioni at all but what makes Daku better than him? They look like identical type players.... in fact Vrioni dominated a stronger league and even forced someone to pay nearly 4 million for him. Daku failed for Kukesi.
Daku can be useful because of the profile. Even if he is terrible just the size and physicality could maybe create some offense for us because as of now sustained patterns of play and serious possession seem impossible in the final third, so not like we are showing off any technical quality.

I have been following Vrioni and he's finally come into a bit of form and may have won a starting spot recently. Worth noticing that he is following a similar progression to how Buksa did, who was also on the bench for his first year at New England Revolution.

Klejdi1023 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:07 am Rumour is Pajaziti will be called up in Sept, that would be an interesting prospect to see in midfield, where we desperately need upgrades.
We are strongest in midfield. Ramadani has emerged as a leader and solidified his spot in the formation. Physical and durable guy who logs a ton of minutes every season. Make no mistake, he will be a BIG player for Albania in the coming years. Bajrami has 2 goals and 2 assists in his last 4 appearances, including an assist against Italy. Too dangerous of a player right now to leave on the bench. Asllani is on the come up, Abrashi, Gjasula, Bare, Laci are more or less still there as reserves, etc.
Klejdi1023

070914 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:03 pm
Klejdi1023 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:07 am Rumour is Pajaziti will be called up in Sept, that would be an interesting prospect to see in midfield, where we desperately need upgrades.
We are strongest in midfield. Ramadani has emerged as a leader and solidified his spot in the formation. Physical and durable guy who logs a ton of minutes every season. Make no mistake, he will be a BIG player for Albania in the coming years. Bajrami has 2 goals and 2 assists in his last 4 appearances, including an assist against Italy. Too dangerous of a player right now to leave on the bench. Asllani is on the come up, Abrashi, Gjasula, Bare, Laci are more or less still there as reserves, etc.
No way we are strongest in midfield. The only legit cm is Asllani. While I do admit Ramadani has improved, let’s see how he does against the likes of Poland, Czechia before he can be a deff starter. Abrashi and Gjasula are almost done, Laci is nothing to be excited about, while Bare is inconsistent. Pajaziti and Medon Berisha have the potential to be upgrades over Ramadani. Bajrami can only play as ACM, which is fine as it looks like we’ll be switching to 4-2-3-1 to accommodate him.
Dallku

Injuries have gotten the better of Bare. I will be surprised if he ever returns to a top league. Not only he hasn't gotten better but has regressed at least physically. It's a similar situation with Abrashi who couldn't stay fit when he moved to Bundesliga. I think the high tempo is too much for these little 'pitbulls' and they can't handle it. They are better suited for lower divisions.

Qazim is a bench player in Czech Republic too. He went from bench in relegation France to relegation Czech. He's the type of player Albanian clubs should sign if they were serious and wanted to make Conference league.

Albania was always better with Bare on the bench. Sylvinho likes to play at 100km/hr. I applaud him for letting Ramadani loose, Reja never had the cunning to do so. Bajrami and Ramadani have been our best players of late. They compliment each other very well in midfield. Dangerous attacking mid who can shoot or set up his teammates being backed up by a bigger, physical guy who is a menace off the ball and can shoulder a big workload. We have finally achieved some level of equilibrium at the position.
Dallku

Vrioni hattrick yesterday

Typical Vrioni goals

https://youtu.be/7L_B5G-KFq0
Dallku

Legia is shameful with the Muci mistreatment. Of course they are down 2-0 to some Kazakh team.
  • Information