Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Yea that's not happening lol
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:15 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:01 am We need to win all the remaining games and hope for a draw between Turkey and Iceland obviously counting that France would beat Turkey and Iceland. Otherwise we need to improve our GD against Turkey with +3 or more goals.

So we’re not making it basically . We’ve beaten both turkey away and France at home but it’s not happening
Turkey struggle with Iceland, and they might rally after that loss.
if we have the confidence of knowing turkey has drawn with Iceland trust me when I say we are guaranteed to win anyway possible.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Turkey can probably drop points even against Moldova. Never rule them bungling it.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:28 am Turkey can probably drop points even against Moldova. Never rule them bungling it.
Turkey plays only Andora not Moldova , already played Moldova twice.
Shqipëria Etnike
Has thanked: 0

I seen a big improvement against Iceland as most did, i think the team is slowly understanding Reja’s tactics. Also I liked the the Manaj-Cika partnership they played really well and complemented each other. The only thing that needs to improve is Cika needs to drop into the midfield more frequently to act as another option in the midfield as he has a good hold up game and get others involved. Even though midfield was good much more movement is required. Defense is our week point in this system, hopefully Kumbulla continues to develop and get frequent game time so we can replace him with Dermaku.
Ismajili - Kumbulla - Djimsiti combination needs to be played so they gel and after that I think our defense will improve drastically.
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:17 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:15 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:01 am We need to win all the remaining games and hope for a draw between Turkey and Iceland obviously counting that France would beat Turkey and Iceland. Otherwise we need to improve our GD against Turkey with +3 or more goals.

So we’re not making it basically . We’ve beaten both turkey away and France at home but it’s not happening
Turkey struggle with Iceland, and they might rally after that loss.
if we have the confidence of knowing turkey has drawn with Iceland trust me when I say we are guaranteed to win anyway possible.
I can see us winning 3 games and drawing with France going out on GD to turkey unless something drastic happens .
Dallku

That mistake Ismajli made which led to the Iceland's 2nd goal is something you only see in amateur leagues. On his feet he's very bad.

Albania cant play with this formation because we don't have the wingbacks for it. You can't force Hysaj to contribute that much offensively just like you can't force Roshi to be an ok defender. In this formation wingbacks are the most important players and should be capable of both attacking and defending.

Yes against Iceland they got away with it but it's not sustainable.
Rodon
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Not a big fan of 3-5-2 but actually Hysaj looked pretty comfortable in that offensive position.
Princ

Rodon wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:52 am Not a big fan of 3-5-2 but actually Hysaj looked pretty comfortable in that offensive position.
No way, in the first half he was completely lost offensively.. hysaj is just a good rb nothing else
artan

As opposed to some of you I actually prefer the 3 CB formation alot. It suits our strengths and fits our timeline going forward since we have several young CB's and maybe some other talented ones coming through. I would prefer if one of them would be a good ball playing CB which I think Kumbulla is. Dermaku seemed okay to me today and has surprised me.

What I can't understand is constantly playing with two strikers. I understand Reja may like it for tactical purposes but it's not working. Not only we are so bad on counters because our strikers have no pace or dribbling ability but when they do get a look it's a normally a bad touch by them. They can only score tap ins against the Moldova's of the world and need 3-4 chances before actually scoring. I don't get why Sadiku doesn't get a call up since he has the best scoring record of our strikers, it's really unacceptable. How many times do Cika and Balaj have to shit the bed for us to realize they aren't NT material. It's ironic because Cika is playing in the Turkish first division which is the equivalent of the Superliga, there's a reason why he's playing in that league.

I notice with us we are so much better when we have pace and width. I just don't get why we constantly play some compacted with no pace/width on the wings. We need to be quick on the counters as that's probably the only way we can realistically score.

As for the match I thought on the first half Turkey was better, we were stout defensively (expected when you play with 4 CB's) but offensively we were just like a Rugby team. That kind of play isn't sustainable. Second half we looked more complete but problem is we started to open up the game. We could have scored 2 goals but there were a few instances were few bad repeatedly bad passes near the Turkish goal led to a few quick counters by Turkey.

We need to drop the consistently bad performers (Cika, Balaj) and drop other guys who are done (Memushaj). Midfield and CB seem to be positions with most talent for us. Maybe a 3-5-1 going forward.
  • Information