Euro 2016 : Albania 2:1 Armenia (full match replay)

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Pjetër

DigBick wrote:By the way UEFA's site has listed Serbia as having 6 points deducted?? Are they hacked?

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/qualifiers ... index.html

probably just a natural reflex for uefa.
artan

I'll try to give my player ratings:

Berisha- 6/10- Wasn't really tested and not at fault for the goal.

Agolli- 8/10- Best game from him for the NT. Was the only player that came to play in the first half and was whipping in beautiful crosses like it was nobody's business. That's probably more of a result of us playing hoofball and he was used less once we were playing more attacking football. Great game

Cana- 5/10- Worst game in a while. Largely responsible for the first goal and his long ball hoofing is ridiculous at times. He's not a bad passer by any means but he ain't Beckham either. Stick to your position although I'll give him some slack as that midfield was atrocious.

Mavraj- 8.5/10- Technically gifted.. Sound positioning skills defensively, key stops and has a great attitude. More technical than any of the midfielders

Hysaj 6/10- Started off bad and looked a bit nervous. Was a bit shaky defensively in the start and his 1 v 1 defending needs some improvement. However, he continued attacking and went all out.

Memushaj 5/10- Didn't think he was that bad and DB should never play him out wide. He clearly tries hard defensively and getting in offensive positions but he's not that technically gifted. Shouldn't be playing with three other holding midfielders and it makes his skillset obsolete...

Abrashi 4.5/10- TBH didn't see anything from him today besides the missed header on goal from a foot out.. Didn't stand out in a good or bad way?

Kukeli 4.5/10- Bit underwhelming for me. Lost some possession and doesn't really put much in offensively. He's a deep lying midfielder and I don't think he was needed for this match.

Xhaka 6/10- Doesn't stop running and he's a "warrior". Second half was much better than first and he won us some FKs. A bit limited technically but that's not a problem for me as he atleast tries to press the issue

Roshi 5.5/10- Not his fault he got no touches. He's a counter attacking player and Armenia just sat back making him obsolete. I don't remember him having a bad touch either, he just wasn't involved.

Cikaleshi 7.5/10- He was great. Didn't stop running, when he had space he dribbled past the armenian defenders and created chances out of nothing. Was a handful and probably should have drawn a penalty

Subs:
Lenjani 8/10- Great sub. Great burst of energy and creativity with his dribbling skills. Decision making needs some improvement but the talent is definitely there. Was taking it at those defenders and the game changed completely when he came in..
Gashi 8/10- Sub made too much sense. He was calm on the ball, pressed the issue and does what he does score.. Even played as a holding/creating player until salihi came on which forced him wide
NYVirus
Team: Arsenal; Skenderbeu; New York Mets

artan wrote:I'll try to give my player ratings:

Berisha- 6/10- Wasn't really tested and not at fault for the goal.

Agolli- 8/10- Best game from him for the NT. Was the only player that came to play in the first half and was whipping in beautiful crosses like it was nobody's business. That's probably more of a result of us playing hoofball and he was used less once we were playing more attacking football. Great game

Cana- 5/10- Worst game in a while. Largely responsible for the first goal and his long ball hoofing is ridiculous at times. He's not a bad passer by any means but he ain't Beckham either. Stick to your position although I'll give him some slack as that midfield was atrocious.

Mavraj- 8.5/10- Technically gifted.. Sound positioning skills defensively, key stops and has a great attitude. More technical than any of the midfielders

Hysaj 6/10- Started off bad and looked a bit nervous. Was a bit shaky defensively in the start and his 1 v 1 defending needs some improvement. However, he continued attacking and went all out.

Memushaj 5/10- Didn't think he was that bad and DB should never play him out wide. He clearly tries hard defensively and getting in offensive positions but he's not that technically gifted. Shouldn't be playing with three other holding midfielders and it makes his skillset obsolete...

Abrashi 4.5/10- TBH didn't see anything from him today besides the missed header on goal from a foot out.. Didn't stand out in a good or bad way?

Kukeli 4.5/10- Bit underwhelming for me. Lost some possession and doesn't really put much in offensively. He's a deep lying midfielder and I don't think he was needed for this match.

Xhaka 6/10- Doesn't stop running and he's a "warrior". Second half was much better than first and he won us some FKs. A bit limited technically but that's not a problem for me as he atleast tries to press the issue

Roshi 5.5/10- Not his fault he got no touches. He's a counter attacking player and Armenia just sat back making him obsolete. I don't remember him having a bad touch either, he just wasn't involved.

Cikaleshi 7.5/10- He was great. Didn't stop running, when he had space he dribbled past the armenian defenders and created chances out of nothing. Was a handful and probably should have drawn a penalty

Subs:
Lenjani 8/10- Great sub. Great burst of energy and creativity with his dribbling skills. Decision making needs some improvement but the talent is definitely there. Was taking it at those defenders and the game changed completely when he came in..
Gashi 8/10- Sub made too much sense. He was calm on the ball, pressed the issue and does what he does score.. Even played as a holding/creating player until salihi came on which forced him wide
What about Salihi? The bicycle kick extraordinaire?
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

DigBick wrote:Idk. It's no coincidence that Albania is having its best campaign in one of the toughest groups in recent history. I don't know if we can ever be more than just underdogs, and the first 45 minutes against Armenia re-confirmed my doubts.
Tough groups on paper. But Albania was lucky enough to play Portugal with no CR7. That was a huge thing in our favor. HUGE. Serbia also had to fire a manager from that start.
DigBick wrote:By the way UEFA's site has listed Serbia as having 6 points deducted?? Are they hacked?
The CAS has spoken.

Serbia got the punishment they deserve. But they still don't feel like giving Albania any help because that could very likely push them over Denmark, or heaven forbid, CR7 Euro 2016 merchandise, err..... I mean Portugal.
Migjeni

Gashi scores and Shkupi erupts. Nice to see that our NT really achieves to gather all Albanians.

5fjSt_4reRI
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Pjetër wrote:
probably just a natural reflex for uefa.
Wouldn't be surprised if they meant to knock down 3 points from Montenegro, but did Serbia by accident.
NYVirus wrote:
What about Salihi? The bicycle kick extraordinaire?
He's the best at attempting them.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's all he does at practice.

Easy header? Easy tap-in? Nah. He needs style points.

btw, that dude got dark playing in the middle east lol.
Dallku

Game was overall good, pLayers gave their 100% and the SUBS were good(finally). Memushaj and Abrashi lacked any type of threat and them going off for Lenjani and Gashi really made the team more dangerous. Even in the 1st half we missed 2 or 3 point blank headers and Cikalleshi hit the post. Agolli's crossing was class.

I thought Kukeli had a shaky game(some silly misplaced passes). Basha or Kace in his position would've been an upgrade. Cana was also BAD. Horrible passing and was at fault for the goal.
Dallku

I mostly agree with artan's ratings.
artan

Shpati wrote:
DigBick wrote:Idk. It's no coincidence that Albania is having its best campaign in one of the toughest groups in recent history. I don't know if we can ever be more than just underdogs, and the first 45 minutes against Armenia re-confirmed my doubts.
Tough groups on paper. But Albania was lucky enough to play Portugal with no CR7. That was a huge thing in our favor. HUGE. Serbia also had to fire a manager from that start.
The CAS has spoken.

Serbia got the punishment they deserve. But they still don't feel like giving Albania any help because that could very likely push them over Denmark, or heaven forbid, CR7 Euro 2016 merchandise, err..... I mean Portugal.

Most likely a glitch because Albania still has a -1 GD on that UEFA chart and that would just be impossible if it was overturned....
Zemi
Team: Albanian NT and Arsenal!

A hahahhahahahah yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa babbbyyy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Information