European Competitions: 2023-24 Edition

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

artan

Albanian teams don’t have the money to strengthen their squads before European competition or invest in basic infrastructure but do have money to play a meaningless friendly against Italian teams.

What a joke of a league. PR move by Olsi Rama
Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:13 pm and Egnatia play Inter for some reason lol

Hope Albanians are not actually paying money to play these. That's sad. I know the inferiority complex is strong but and getting destroyed by these teams is nothing to brag about or be proud of.

this reminds me when the Taci oil guy paid Milan and Real to come play friendlies in Albania only for the lights to go out in the stadium. The symbolism was crazy.
I thought exactly the same thing lol. I remember CR running scared into the locker room when the lights went out.

This has Rama's signature all over it. He's gearing up for 2025 elections. It gets even more ridiculous.

http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/video- ... a-na-boni/
Plako

artan wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:07 pm Albanian teams don’t have the money to strengthen their squads before European competition or invest in basic infrastructure but do have money to play a meaningless friendly against Italian teams.

What a joke of a league. PR move by Olsi Rama
I don't mind big teams coming over to play in Tirana but at least have them play against the national team as opposed to the local teams. The Egnatia-Inter friendly is insane to me.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Dallku wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:13 pm and Egnatia play Inter for some reason lol

Hope Albanians are not actually paying money to play these. That's sad. I know the inferiority complex is strong but and getting destroyed by these teams is nothing to brag about or be proud of.

this reminds me when the Taci oil guy paid Milan and Real to come play friendlies in Albania only for the lights to go out in the stadium. The symbolism was crazy.
It is guaranteed that Partizani friendly against Roma costs 500k, they should cover all Roma expenses for travel and Roma should have good profit otherwise they would never played against Partizani. I believe Inter vs Egnatia is little bit cheaper because game is played on San Siro and Inter doesn't have to travel but definitely that friendly will costs hundred kilos of weed to Egnatia owners.
Kuqaloshi maoist
MercedesBenz240
Team: Bistrica

ZenMaster wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:34 pm

It is guaranteed that Partizani friendly against Roma costs 500k, they should cover all Roma expenses for travel and Roma should have good profit otherwise they would never played against Partizani. I believe Inter vs Egnatia is little bit cheaper because game is played on San Siro and Inter doesn't have to travel but definitely that friendly will costs hundred kilos of weed to Egnatia owners.
It's played in Paolo Mazza Stadium, Ferrara
Plako

All three remaining teams win their first leg. Nice seeing Partizani come back from 1-0 down at HT.

On to on Roma on Saturday now!
Plako

Te tre ekipet kalojne turin.

Partizani luan me Astana ne raundin tjeter.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Astana is a better team but its definitely doable. Superliga needs its first time in a European group since Skenderbeu.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako

Struga will play its playoff match at "Elbasan Arena"

https://www.koha.net/en/sports/388981/S ... san-Arena/
MercedesBenz240
Team: Bistrica

Plako wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:22 pm Struga will play its playoff match at "Elbasan Arena"

https://www.koha.net/en/sports/388981/S ... san-Arena/
And Ballkani flew to Gibraltar with Air Albania from Rinas and trained in Vora's stadium. Mother Albania helping out
  • Information