Kosova Crisis: "Serb terrorist attack in Kosovo!"

Current events, society, culture, science, insights. The music. Cinema. The books. The theater. The art.

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Shpati wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:35 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:17 pm Rama is not even that popular in Albania. He has like 45% approval. It's just Berisha/Meta are hated by 70-90% of the population, so every election is a landslide.
45% is pretty good in Albania though, no?

It isn't a two-party race like the USA.

Berisha always had the north, but that changed recently.

That being said, his popularity really doesn't matter. Point is, he's growing is power and it doesn't look like he will ever lose it.
Anything north of Tirana is being ruled by local criminals who are faithful to Rama, who rewards them by giving them public tenders, looks the other way when they commit crimes, etc…

It’s not like he has grassroots support in the north. It’s that he bought off the people that do.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

What does Vucic think he’ll accomplish apart from the deaths of many innocent people and the obliteration of his country
Plako
Team: Partizani

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:07 pm
What does Vucic think he’ll accomplish apart from the deaths of many innocent people and the obliteration of his country
Vucic only cares to stay in power. Don’t forget Russia is invoked too. Another war in Kosove and they can get involved like they did in Syria.
Princ

Praying for peace and prosperity in the Balkans 🙏
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

My prediction for this whole thing is Kosova (along with the Presheva valley) will be split between Serbia and Albania. If Serbia gets the north of Kosovo along with the Trepca mines, I don't they'd give a shit if the rest of it along with Presheva merges with Albania. Getting a "portion of Kosovo", no matter how small, will be a win in their eyes, especially if it comes with that huge economic benefit.

For better or worse, the only short term path of normalization is if Kosova/Presheva get absorbed into Albania, and Serbia doesn't have to recognize anything. But this will mean the Trepca mines will be gone, and you'll get a huge west/east economic division between Albanians, where Tirana + the coastline cities of Shkoder-Lezhe-Durres-Fier-Vlore-Sarande will hold disproportionate amounts of power. Eastern Albania today has already been almost abandoned (apart from Korce).
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:39 am My prediction for this whole thing is Kosova (along with the Presheva valley) will be split between Serbia and Albania. If Serbia gets the north of Kosovo along with the Trepca mines, I don't they'd give a shit if the rest of it along with Presheva merges with Albania. Getting a "portion of Kosovo", no matter how small, will be a win in their eyes, especially if it comes with that huge economic benefit.

For better or worse, the only short term path of normalization is if Kosova/Presheva get absorbed into Albania, and Serbia doesn't have to recognize anything. But this will mean the Trepca mines will be gone, and you'll get a huge west/east economic division between Albanians, where Tirana + the coastline cities of Shkoder-Lezhe-Durres-Fier-Vlore-Sarande will hold disproportionate amounts of power. Eastern Albania today has already been almost abandoned (apart from Korce).
I disagree , they cant get even a single inch of Kosova.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:39 am My prediction for this whole thing is Kosova (along with the Presheva valley) will be split between Serbia and Albania. If Serbia gets the north of Kosovo along with the Trepca mines, I don't they'd give a shit if the rest of it along with Presheva merges with Albania. Getting a "portion of Kosovo", no matter how small, will be a win in their eyes, especially if it comes with that huge economic benefit.

While this is a plausible scenario it's never happening under Kurti. Also no way Serbia gets Trepca mine if it's already under US control.

There are laerger issues at play here. Any Kosova partition will eventually lead to the partition of Bosnia and I don't think any EU members have the appetite for that.
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:01 am
Shpati wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:35 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:17 pm Rama is not even that popular in Albania. He has like 45% approval. It's just Berisha/Meta are hated by 70-90% of the population, so every election is a landslide.
45% is pretty good in Albania though, no?

It isn't a two-party race like the USA.

Berisha always had the north, but that changed recently.

That being said, his popularity really doesn't matter. Point is, he's growing is power and it doesn't look like he will ever lose it.
Anything north of Tirana is being ruled by local criminals who are faithful to Rama, who rewards them by giving them public tenders, looks the other way when they commit crimes, etc…

It’s not like he has grassroots support in the north. It’s that he bought off the people that do.
Oh yeah, I definitely agree with this. But I'm just saying it's still something that has never been done before.
  • Information