Czechia vs Albania - Euro's 2024 Qualifiers - 07/09/2023

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Deni

Happy with the result. Daku choked on that 3v1 badly. I want to add since Asani’s debut against Poland in March he has played consistently well and deserves his spot in the line up even though he plays in South Korea.

Once Broja is back I never wanna see Cikalleshi in the line up.

Going forward this should be our attack

Broja
Muci(Muja) Bajrami Asani
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

artan wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:22 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:16 pm
Dallku wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:07 pm Seferi, Cikalleshi, Ismajli, Mitaj, Daku, Muja complete dog shit.

Bare also looks weak now.

Asllani and Bajrami are different level. Asani was ok... Only problem with Asllani is that he could be more direct
To me the midfield was good, especially the first half. Up until Asllani came off we were 50/50 possession. The only issue was attacking third.

Asllani fucked us defensively by playing them onside for the goal. That was extremely careless. They were bound to get 1 after 10 offside calls, but if anyone should f*** up there it should be the defenders, not a midfielder.
The midfield has definitely improved and they were so much better in possession compared to years past. The problem is there is no outlet for them to pass to as there is no counter attack game with Seferi/Cikaleshi and passing to Hysaj can be a vital mistake that can lead to a goal. The other good thing about Asllani and Ramadani is that they cover alot of ground and are very agile. Albania can definitely pull off a high pressing system if they wish too.

As for Hysaj, I'm starting to think he needs to be converted to a center back. It seems like any pressure on him when he has the ball will result in a turnover and potential goal. Even if defensively he's solid.
I've been saying for the longest time that Asllani/Bajrami have to start together, otherwise we have 0 technical ability.Thankfully Ramadani took over from Gjasula, so the coach has more faith in them.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:59 amThe midfield has definitely improved and they were so much better in possession compared to years past. The problem is there is no outlet for them to pass to as there is no counter attack game with Seferi/Cikaleshi and passing to Hysaj can be a vital mistake that can lead to a goal. The other good thing about Asllani and Ramadani is that they cover alot of ground and are very agile. Albania can definitely pull off a high pressing system if they wish too.

As for Hysaj, I'm starting to think he needs to be converted to a center back. It seems like any pressure on him when he has the ball will result in a turnover and potential goal. Even if defensively he's solid.

I've been saying for the longest time that Asllani/Bajrami have to start together, otherwise we have 0 technical ability.Thankfully Ramadani took over from Gjasula, so the coach has more faith in them.
Bajrami is the #10 we've been missing since Skela days. However, in the last 3 games Asani has been MVP. Excellent work rate and great technical ability. He made that goal happen despite fucking up two seconds earlier.

Hysaj almost cost us the game once gain in the last minute. What an absolute amateur he is for Albania for a Serie A player.
CanaYouDoIt

Plako wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:57 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:59 amThe midfield has definitely improved and they were so much better in possession compared to years past. The problem is there is no outlet for them to pass to as there is no counter attack game with Seferi/Cikaleshi and passing to Hysaj can be a vital mistake that can lead to a goal. The other good thing about Asllani and Ramadani is that they cover alot of ground and are very agile. Albania can definitely pull off a high pressing system if they wish too.

Bajrami is the #10 we've been missing since Skela days. However, in the last 3 games Asani has been MVP. Excellent work rate and great technical ability. He made that goal happen despite fucking up two seconds earlier.

Hysaj almost cost us the game once gain in the last minute. What an absolute amateur he is for Albania for a Serie A player.
The Hysaj hate is genuinely baffling to me, the guy locked down his side, defensively he is very secure. That gaff on the ball at the end was stupid but he’s still the best we got.

Unless you wanna see actual amateurs like Doka
out there. 10 years of play and he gets treated like shit. Show some respect.
Dallku

It's a shame because he was having a great game up until then.

but Cana is right. Fans are hyper focused on Hysaj and ignore bigger problems like Cikalleshi, Ismajli, and Mitaj was making that type of mistake Hysaj made all game long.
Redijupison

Our whole backline was making a lot and avoidable mistakes in the 2nd half Gjimshiti included, that's why Czechia was able to press and stay high up the field.

Hysaj's error was absolutely baffling and Imo way more serious than the misplaced pass of Daku on that 3-1 chance. A player with all his experience, so late in the game and not even under pressure at first having such a brainfart can't be defended!
CanaYouDoIt

https://x.com/nocontextfm1/status/17001 ... pL4oo2dhBg

one for the FM players on here, but just imagine if this actually happened.
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

He needs to go. He reminds me of Cana in some ways. Both were decent league players and had that "Captain Role" for us. So they never got fair criticism for shitty NT performances. And they both hung around when the rest of the team outgrew them.

At least Cana had a stretch where he was an ok CB when we needed one. And he never really held the ball. But Hysaj is such a liability. And always has been. I always get nervous when I see the opposition attack his side. And I get even more nervous when he has the ball near our 18.
artan

Redijupison wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:57 pm Our whole backline was making a lot and avoidable mistakes in the 2nd half Gjimshiti included, that's why Czechia was able to press and stay high up the field.

Hysaj's error was absolutely baffling and Imo way more serious than the misplaced pass of Daku on that 3-1 chance. A player with all his experience, so late in the game and not even under pressure at first having such a brainfart can't be defended!
I think more of it is because the Czech don't respect out counter attack and they shouldn't with Seferi and Cikaleshi who are very slow and with Hysaj being a non-existent threat from fullback. The only counter attacking threats were Asani and Bajrami (from the midfield). That allows them to them camp in our final third as their defenders can catch up to Cikaleshi and Seferi. It's why it's baffling to play a counter attacking style with Seferi/Cikaleshi when there are much more viable options on the bench (Uzuini or Muci). Uzuini probably would have given them some real damage (wether he finishes is another story).

As for Cikaleshi he's so useless defensively as well. He jogs and never puts in pressure. Such an awful player by every means possible and a complete liability.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Hysaj had good defensive game until that moment with tired legs he wanted to become "protagonist" and fortunately English referee saved his ass. I always criticised Hysaj and he clearly was biggest underperformer for years but under Sylvinho his game has improved massively. Asani has been impressive since qualifying campaign started, in every game he played was one of best players in pitch and together with Bajrami they are most consistent performers but nobody mentions that Asani benefits having defensive expert as Hysaj while player who Mitaj flank half of his focus should be to help his teammate defensively.
Kuqaloshi maoist
  • Information