EURO 2024 TEAM List!

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Plako
Team: Partizani

ZenMaster wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:11 pm Diant Ramaj
Elvis Rexhbecaj
Arijon Ibrahimovic
Brajan Gruda

This would been list of my desires but i am aware it's not gonna happen
I don't think Rexhbecaj would get a call up. If any of the other 3 had expressed interest to be part of the team they'd be a lock already. The way Muja and Daku got called up makes me think FSHF has already approached all of these guys.

Ibrahmovic and Gruda have tremendous potential and they'll wait for Germany. They might join us after WC26 if Germany doesn't work out for them.
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Plako wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:25 pm
ZenMaster wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:11 pm Diant Ramaj
Elvis Rexhbecaj
Arijon Ibrahimovic
Brajan Gruda

This would been list of my desires but i am aware it's not gonna happen
I don't think Rexhbecaj would get a call up. If any of the other 3 had expressed interest to be part of the team they'd be a lock already. The way Muja and Daku got called up makes me think FSHF has already approached all of these guys.

Ibrahmovic and Gruda have tremendous potential and they'll wait for Germany. They might join us after WC26 if Germany doesn't work out for them.
I haven't heard of any of these guys before.

Ramaj is 22 and still playing as a reserve in the Dutch league.

Ibrahimovic and Grude still look very young. And look to have very deep German ties.

But this, Rexhbecaj fella... He'll be 26 soon. Why hasn't he committed to Albania or Kosova? He plays defensive midfield which Germany is stacked at. And he's never played for their youth. So I doubt he's still waiting for them. I'm not even sure if Albania could use him.
artan

It would be worth using a spot on Ibrahimovic or Gruda and you have to lock them in when we are riding high. The upside of having them outweighs having a veteran on the roster and these guys are good enough to contribute. If Belgium can poach Januzaj from us in 2014 we can do the same.

Realistically out of the 20 non GK positions only 15-16 will see action while 3-4 will never touch the field and are luxury players. We should also expect some injuries and potentially 1-2 guys from that core missing the Euros together. Someone like Bare or Broja might just be injured making the selection process that much easier.
Skenderbeu9

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:10 am 1. Etrit Berisha
2. Thomas Strakosha
3. Elhan Kastrati
4. Elseid Hysaj
5. Ivan Balliu
6. Berat Djimsiti
7. Ardian Ismajli
8. Enea Mihaj
9. Mario Mitaj
10. Arlind Ajeti
11. Kristjan Asllani
12. Ylber Ramadani
13. Nedim Bajrami
14. Keidi Bare
15. Qazim Laçi
16. Arbnor Muja
17. Mirlind Daku
18. Armando Broja
19. Ernest Muçi
20. Myrto Uzuni
21. Jasir Asani
22. Taulant Seferi

Last Spot for grab by Cikalleshi, Gjasula, Kumbulla or Veseli based on coach needs.
Are u guys high or something or stopped watching international football after that 2016 Euro
Each team can register 26 yes TWENTY-SIX players so no more than one of these guys will be left out (hopefully Veseli)
As for Cika being the one is not even an option for Sylvinho he is a guaranteed starter under him and l do believe in Sylvinho way more that any other coach we ever had
So l wouldn't mind him even starting at Germany if Broja has any kind of issue
But l also hope this will be his last dance with kombetaren
That also goes to the likes of Abrashi,Gjasula,Veseli having in mind that the old guard of Balaj,Roshi,Lenjani, Sadiku is already not an option
From players with 0 caps now only Gruda deserves a call up to Euro if he switched
Berisha has regained his confidence so l would liked him to stay around for another campaign until one of the Eintracht GKs step up
Skenderbeu9

1. Etrit Berisha
2. Ivan Balliu
3. Mario Mitaj
4. Elseid Hysaj
5. Arlind Ajeti ( Adrian Bajrami)
6. Berat Djimsiti (c)
7. Keidi Bare
8. Klaus Gjasula ( Amir Abrashi)
9. Jasir Asani
10. Nedim Bajrami
11. Myrto Uzuni
12.Elhan Kastrati
13. Enea Mihaj ( Marash Kumbulla)
14. Qazim Laçi
15. Taulant Seferi
16. Sokol Cikalleshi
17. Ernest Muçi
18. Ardian Ismajlli
19. Mirlind Daku
20. Yllber Ramadani
21. Kristjan Asllani
22. Arbnor Muja
23. Thomas Strakosha
24.Arbnor Muçolli ( Freddie Veseli)
25.Brajan Gruda (Anis Mehmeti),( Marvin Çuni) (Cristian Shpendi) ( Medon Berisha) (Arjion Ibrahimovic)
26. Armando Broja

I'm pretty sure Sylvinho has already made his mind for at least 22-23 players of the 26 and injuries apart l think this is the amount of players l got right
For one spot l wrote a lot of names cause Gruda my preference is not an Albanian player atm and may never be
Either l think we should include a player without much contribution to the campaign but with huge potential
GDB did not do than at 2016 and we lost 2 huge players for us in the future Rashica and Rrahmani
Thank god Gym- boy stayed and become our new rock at defense
Dallku

Skenderbeu9 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:11 am
Are u guys high or something or stopped watching international football after that 2016 Euro
Each team can register 26 yes TWENTY-SIX players so no more than one of these guys will be left out (hopefully Veseli)

If it's really 26 then you can afford to promise players like Gruda a spot. It would be the smart thing to do but yeah, won't happen.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Dallku wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:03 pm
Skenderbeu9 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:11 am

If it's really 26 then you can afford to promise players like Gruda a spot. It would be the smart thing to do but yeah, won't happen.
It'23. Uefa confirmed it almost a week ago. Skenderbeu is stuck in Covid era.....
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/24441866 ... southgate/

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... ve-clarke/
artan

Regardless if someone like Gruda is willing to accept then you call him up over someone like Cikaleshi. It would be idiotic not too.
Shpati

artan wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:25 am It would be worth using a spot on Ibrahimovic or Gruda and you have to lock them in when we are riding high. The upside of having them outweighs having a veteran on the roster and these guys are good enough to contribute. If Belgium can poach Januzaj from us in 2014 we can do the same.

Realistically out of the 20 non GK positions only 15-16 will see action while 3-4 will never touch the field and are luxury players. We should also expect some injuries and potentially 1-2 guys from that core missing the Euros together. Someone like Bare or Broja might just be injured making the selection process that much easier.
We have to be realistic as well... In 2014, Belgium made the WC and poached Januzaj who never even played for the Belgian Youth. We got snubbed by Mustafi that year as well. Albania didn't make that WC and still have not qualified for one.

I seriously doubt Ibrahimovic or Groda will consider Albania. They are still kids. And we won't have the benefit of making a major tournament while their preferred team misses out. Germany will always be a lock.

I'm not sure it's wise to offer these kids a spot when we know they will decline the offer. It's a slap in the face to the current guys who actually put the work in.

Maybe when they are +24 years old and don't get a chance for the German squad. That's when we make our offer. It's destiny.
Shpati

It's nice that Albania is making another EURO. However, let's be real. It's not as prestigious as it used to be. More teams are getting through. I don't think we can use this as a bargaining chip any more.

The same thing if/when we finally make a WC.
  • Information