Albania vs Faroe Islands - Euro's 2024 Qualifiers - 20/11/2023

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Princ

Redijupison wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:48 pm Ramadani is essential for this team and so is Seferi,
Ramadani is everything to this team..

Since he became no doubt starter we went 🚀🚀🚀
Klejdi1023

Another disappointing game by Uzuni, I was expecting more from him, but he simply can't replicate club form for Albania. He's at real risk from not making the final Euros team considering how many chances he's been given. Muci doesn't seem to be comfortable playing on the left wing, I think we should try Muja or someone new in the March friendlies to see what other alternatives we may have. While Seferi has been ok this campaign especially in relation to others, the competition is going to be much harder at the Euros, we need an upgrade over him there.
Florian

Guys let's be serious for a while i like all the names such as Muci, Muja etc.. But Broja would solve 50% of our offensive struggles here... Look at the goals he scored against Hungary during the World Cup Qual.. It's another class.. the last weekend he managed to create problems to Man City defence in less than 4 minutes and won a penalty to one of the best CB in the world (Ruben Dias)
Javdyli13

Si jeni patriota, desha me dit bileta per Euro24 a do to hudhen në faqen e kombetarias ose në uefa.

:flag:
engineer123

Javdyli13 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:16 am Si jeni patriota, desha me dit bileta per Euro24 a do to hudhen në faqen e kombetarias ose në uefa.

:flag:
Ne UEFA, pas shortit te 2 dhjetorit
artan

RedFootballs wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:07 pm
artan wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:04 pm You can’t a take a result like this too seriously since Albania has already qualified and with playing a small nation that bunkers putting Albania in a weird position they are not normally in.

It’s also the same why we can’t take those Poland and Czech results too seriously as we can’t expect Asani and Bajrami to score wonder goals and get bailed out by VAR. If Bajrami doesn’t score against Czech do we qualify?

We are a better team than we were under Reja but there still concerns. Stop the Albanian counter attack and don’t give Bajrami or Asani space and you shut down our offense. It’s also why I’ve been so critical on the manager about Cikaleshi and Seferi.
Agree somewhat but there is something you missed - in 4 games vs Czech Republic and Poland, we conceded 2 goals.

Our defense is very good. It wasn't just the goals that got us the qualification or luck, the main driver was our great defense and we only conceded 4 across the whole campaign
We got dominated the first Czech match even if it was a 1-1 draw and we had some goals overturned. Against Poland second leg the first half was iffy (goal overturned) and the second half is where we dominated.

I do agree the defense has been a big upgrade compared to Reja. In general, silvio has adressed some of the biggest flaws under Reja which was getting pace and width in the lineup and this was a simple fix by adjusting from that disastrous back three/two forward lineup to a 4-3-3 and essentially trading two wide players (Mitaj and Asani) for a center back and a striker. It's been a worlds difference and Silvio could improve on this by removing Cikaleshi and even Seferi which has been my main complaint about Silvio. Seferi has surprised me but his lack of pace is a problem and Cikaleshi is just a disaster.

Albania's main strength is it's counter attacking ability which is a result of the improved defense/midfield. There were so many opportunities against Czech and Poland where we could have buried them but couldn't because the pace on the counter was too slow. Get some more pace in there and turn this team into a lethal counter attacking team.
  • Information