UFC/MMA/Boxing

All other sports besides football: volleyball, basketball, boxing, cycling, Formula One, weightlifting etc.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:34 pm Reports indicate the WBC and Lineal Heavyweight Champion Tyson Fury will retire after fighting Dillian Whyte next weekend.

Throwback to the weigh in of his first comeback fight against Sefer Seferi in Manchester. Absolute legend! :zgerdhimje:

Type of fighter his resume is full of , part time bin men. Legend my arse
Princ

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:50 pm Type of fighter his resume is full of , part time bin men. Legend my arse
Former paper champ AJ had to take his sloppy seconds though.

Fury is up there with Calzaghe and Lewis as top boxers to come out UK, arguably the best. A man who shows up when it matters!

Far as I am concerned, nobody in history could beat the Gypsy King. Too big, too fast, too smart..
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:50 am
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:50 pm Type of fighter his resume is full of , part time bin men. Legend my arse

Fury is up there with Calzaghe and Lewis as top boxers to come out UK, arguably the best. A man who shows up when it matters!

Far as I am concerned, nobody in history could beat the Gypsy King. Too big, too fast, too smart..
So it’s true every opinion you ever have about anything is just stupid , the Americans have ruined you , and I’m sorry.
Princ

Reshat Mati huge favorite (-1400) to beat Joe Eli Hernandez Saturday night on the Taylor v. Serrano undercard in New York.

Xhuljo Vrenozi has been scheduled for a big fight against former Olympian Josh Kelly on May 13th in London. The Englishman is looking to bounce back after getting stopped by the hard hitting Armenian David Avanesyan early last year.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Princ wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:50 am

Then you must not have watched much boxing. The HWs from past eras like Frazier/Lennox/prime Tyson/Ali/Foreman would eat these guys.

But let's see him fight Usyk first, he's ducking from that :lol:
Princ

RedFootballs wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:35 am Then you must not have watched much boxing. The HWs from past eras like Frazier/Lennox/prime Tyson/Ali/Foreman would eat these guys.

But let's see him fight Usyk first, he's ducking from that :lol:
Fury..
6’9” tall
85” reach
265 pounds

Frazier..
5’11” and a half tall
73” reach
230 pounds

Ali..
6’3” tall
78” reach
235 pounds

Tyson..
5’10” tall
71” reach
220 pounds

Foreman..
6’3” tall
78” and a half reach
260 pounds

Lewis..
6’5” tall
84” reach
255 pounds

Judging by the tale of the tape, only Lennox Lewis would be able to give Fury a run for his money. I would give Vitali Klitschko and prime Wladimir a chance as well, but the others you mentioned are way too small to pose a threat.

Tyson Fury can stick and move, hold them off with the jab all night. Will pick them apart until landing a big shot to put the lights out. Developed into a real power puncher of late with Sugar Hill in the corner.

Usyk is a tremendous fighter and an all time great, but I suspect that the Gypsy King will be too big, too slick for him. Exciting matchup for sure though, and looking forward to it if the Ukrainian can get by that body builder from Watford..
CanaYouDoIt

Fury has only fought 3 good fighters in his resume. Don’t even dare mention him with the greats .
Princ

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:07 pm Fury has only fought 3 good fighters in his resume. Don’t even dare mention him with the greats .
I never said Fury had a better career than them..

What I said was that he would beat them in a fight.
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:23 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:07 pm Fury has only fought 3 good fighters in his resume. Don’t even dare mention him with the greats .
I never said Fury had a better career than them..

What I said was that he would beat them in a fight.
Lets see him fight Usyk and AJ and we'll see.
CanaYouDoIt

Mati just a level above these guys. Better than Marku too, and quite easily imo
  • Information