European Super League

All other sports besides football: volleyball, basketball, boxing, cycling, Formula One, weightlifting etc.

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

User avatar
artan
Posts: 2085
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:08 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 32 times
Contact:

Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:28 pm

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:57 pm Nah, they all announced it in their websites.

UEFA/FIFA are just playing hardball. All they have left is EUROs and World Cup. Without those players those competitions are worthless.
The big clubs are playing hardball. They're using this as leverage to make permanent change to the Champions League structure. It's probably why they already made changes to structure to CL giving more guaranteed spots to the bigger leagues and weed out the smaller clubs/nations. It's also why they created the League Conference tournament to have the smaller clubs to consolidate the Champions League as virtually the European Supercup, the Europa League as the B competition and the league conference where they shove everyone else in.

Now that I'm thinking about it I hope the European Super League happens. Lets turn the Champions League back to a fun and entertaining competition which isn't loaded up with English/Spanish/Italian/German and French teams. Maybe we can see Shkendija or Partizani vs Bayern Munich in the group stages lol
User avatar
Aurora Bulkualis
Posts: 3465
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: Bulkustan
Team: Fc Bulku
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 28 times
Contact:

Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:54 pm

It’s not leverage for CL format lol. They want UEFA completely out of the equation. This is purely profit based.

Look at some of the figures being espoused for this competition. From a financial perspective there’s no way it’s not happening. The debt is catching up with clubs.
John 14:6 "Bulku saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, De Biasi, but by me."
User avatar
RedFootballs
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:12 pm
Location: England
Team: QPR - Albania
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 20 times
Contact:

Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:02 am

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:54 pm It’s not leverage for CL format lol. They want UEFA completely out of the equation. This is purely profit based.

Look at some of the figures being espoused for this competition. From a financial perspective there’s no way it’s not happening. The debt is catching up with clubs.
They have half of Europe's GOVERNMENTS saying they'll try to stop it, the powers against it are massive
User avatar
Aurora Bulkualis
Posts: 3465
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: Bulkustan
Team: Fc Bulku
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 28 times
Contact:

Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:02 am

Do you guys think this will be bad or good for us as a NT? It was hard enough getting players into Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, etc... Now it's another extra step. Those Albania -> Croatia/Holland -> Top 5 theories won't work anymore :rrokullisem:

But who knows... If Serie A/EPL/La Liga weaken, it might be less of a gap for our players to jump there, and they might get more opportunities.
RedFootballs wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:02 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:54 pm It’s not leverage for CL format lol. They want UEFA completely out of the equation. This is purely profit based.

Look at some of the figures being espoused for this competition. From a financial perspective there’s no way it’s not happening. The debt is catching up with clubs.
They have half of Europe's GOVERNMENTS saying they'll try to stop it, the powers against it are massive
Politicians will say whatever helps them get votes.
John 14:6 "Bulku saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, De Biasi, but by me."
User avatar
Plako
Posts: 3080
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:21 am
Location: NYC
Team: Partizani
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 42 times
Contact:

Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:03 pm

artan wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:28 pm The big clubs are playing hardball. They're using this as leverage to make permanent change to the Champions League structure. It's probably why they already made changes to structure to CL giving more guaranteed spots to the bigger leagues and weed out the smaller clubs/nations. It's also why they created the League Conference tournament to have the smaller clubs to consolidate the Champions League as virtually the European Supercup, the Europa League as the B competition and the league conference where they shove everyone else in.

Now that I'm thinking about it I hope the European Super League happens. Lets turn the Champions League back to a fun and entertaining competition which isn't loaded up with English/Spanish/Italian/German and French teams. Maybe we can see Shkendija or Partizani vs Bayern Munich in the group stages lol
It's a CLOSED league. That should absolutely be a no go in Football. This is not just about money anymore as the rich are already getting richer no matter the format, but about competition. Why should Spurs be in this league when Leicester has won the league and have finishes above them in the last few years. It's pure garbage. If you wanna have an NBA like pan European league then open it up to all with Promotion and Relegation.
ZenMaster
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:50 pm
Team: Čukarički Stankom
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 46 times
Contact:

Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:30 pm

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:02 am Do you guys think this will be bad or good for us as a NT? It was hard enough getting players into Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, etc... Now it's another extra step. Those Albania -> Croatia/Holland -> Top 5 theories won't work anymore :rrokullisem:

But who knows... If Serie A/EPL/La Liga weaken, it might be less of a gap for our players to jump there, and they might get more opportunities.
RedFootballs wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:02 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:54 pm It’s not leverage for CL format lol. They want UEFA completely out of the equation. This is purely profit based.

Look at some of the figures being espoused for this competition. From a financial perspective there’s no way it’s not happening. The debt is catching up with clubs.
They have half of Europe's GOVERNMENTS saying they'll try to stop it, the powers against it are massive
Politicians will say whatever helps them get votes.
This whole mess has reminded me the coup in Turkey, in first hours when turkish army was outside barracks the impression was Erdogan is already done. Few hours later when the people took the streets situation changed dramatically and made him more powerful than ever was. Same thing is happening now with UEFA/FIFA, beside the corruption and scandals it seems they will survive this "coup" and become more powerful than ever. FIFA/UEFA beside Bayern,PSG and Dortmund they already have most powerful governments in their favour while owners of super league looks they don't have even approval of their managers and players so i don't think they will be able to turn this shit around. British government already warned they will refuse all work permits for Super League players and this is only beginning.
Kuqaloshi maoist
ZenMaster
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:50 pm
Team: Čukarički Stankom
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 46 times
Contact:

Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:16 pm

Kuqaloshi maoist
ZenMaster
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:50 pm
Team: Čukarički Stankom
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 46 times
Contact:

Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:18 pm

It's seems Superleague will remain Perez, Gazidis and Agnelli fairytale
Kuqaloshi maoist
User avatar
RedFootballs
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:12 pm
Location: England
Team: QPR - Albania
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 20 times
Contact:

Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:21 pm

Atletico and Barca out.
User avatar
Pjetër
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:37 pm
Team: S.S. Lazio
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times
Contact:

Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:02 pm

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:54 pmLook at some of the figures being espoused for this competition. From a financial perspective there’s no way it’s not happening. The debt is catching up with clubs.
:zgerdhimje:
"Tranquilo. Assenayo."
Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest