EURO 2020: Predictions

All about football. Technical discussions, samples, world cup, continental competitions.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:53 pm When Sterling was jogging at will into their penalty box you know it was over.
That means nothing having watched a wide open Sterling literally hit it directly Schmeichel from 3 yards out. You could say the same thing about Italy-Spain if they had awarded that PK to Spain in ET for Chiellini's handball.

I get it though, betting clouds your view. I would say the same thing you just said if I bet on England to win in ET :)
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Plako wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
You could say the same thing about Italy-Spain if they had awarded that PK to Spain in ET for Chiellini's handball.
But with the new rule that can’t be a Pk if the ball hits your body first :)
Plako

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:58 pm
You could say the same thing about Italy-Spain if they had awarded that PK to Spain in ET for Chiellini's handball.
You make it sound as if rules matter :)
Simboli i Diellit

Plako wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:48 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:58 pm
You make it sound as if rules matter :)
If it was Albania playing Spain they’d give it but when two big teams are playing an important match like that they stick to the rules 😁 That’s why i have hopes the final will have no simulated pks given to either team. The ref is Dutch, he previously managed the 2014 encounter between England and Italy while there will be a German ref at VAR.
Plako

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:36 pmIf it was Albania playing Spain they’d give it but when two big teams are playing an important match like that they stick to the rules 😁 That’s why i have hopes the final will have no simulated pks given to either team. The ref is Dutch, he previously managed the 2014 encounter between England and Italy while there will be a German ref at VAR.
Yeah I’m with you there. If anything the Pk call against Denrmak will ensure there are no shenanigans in the final.
artan

artan wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:25 pm Italy vs England final. Belgium missing both Hazard and De Bruyne vs Italy. England/Germany winner seem to have easiest path on other side of bracket. I’ll give Italy the slight advantage of winning it.

Although this seems like the year a dark horse wins it like Denmark. That be pretty cool too.
Looks like I was right about the final atleast. Going back to my previous pick I think England will scrap by a 1-0 victory, a 62nd minute header by Maguire. It seems like it’s finally England’s turn although I hope they lose.
Simboli i Diellit

Seems like outside England noone wants them to win.

Plako

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:51 pm Seems like outside England noone wants them to win.

Their fans are absolute cunts. Their team historically prided itself in playing "gentleman football" and the English will tell you a lot of romantic tales about their toughness while holding their noses up at the "cheating football" played by Southern Europeans and Latin Americans. Meanwhile Sterling and Kane have been two of the biggest divers this whole tournament and Sterling's dive to get a bullshit pk against the Danish will go down the biggest act of cheating this Euro.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I think Italy is the better team overall except up top, but England has a massive home advantage.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit

After almost 30 years Argentina wins Copa America
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPtZoyY ... %C3%A9rica
  • Information