World Cup Qatar 2022 finals

All about football. Technical discussions, samples, world cup, continental competitions.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

User avatar
Aurora Bulkualis
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: Bulkustan
Team: Fc Bulku
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 263 times
Contact:

Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:32 pm

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:26 pm So someone born in San Marino never has a chance to be the goat. Good to know
If it's San Marino, they should at least qualify for a major tourney, and get some nice results there.

So far everyone in the GOAT discussion has come from a country that is able to win it.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
User avatar
Plako
Posts: 3851
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:21 am
Location: NYC
Team: Partizani
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 164 times
Contact:

Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:21 pm

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:26 pmMessi surpassed Maradona at 23 years old.
Is that when you started watching football dude? lol
Dallku
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 114 times
Been thanked: 412 times
Contact:

Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:22 pm

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:32 pm

So far everyone in the GOAT discussion has come from a country that is able to win it.

Exactly. So it doesn't apply to Messi because Argentina has always been a footballing superpower and they have won 2 world cups without Messi.

Plus when you get to the final it's a 50/50 so no excuses for him. He has to take the trophy home.

If he doesn't win then the goat discussion will always be debatable. If he wins he'll be undisputed for sure.
User avatar
CanaYouDoIt
Posts: 3384
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:56 pm
Has thanked: 635 times
Been thanked: 157 times
Contact:

Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:51 am

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:32 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:26 pm So someone born in San Marino never has a chance to be the goat. Good to know
If it's San Marino, they should at least qualify for a major tourney, and get some nice results there.

So far everyone in the GOAT discussion has come from a country that is able to win it.
That’s delusional, do you know how bad San Marino are ?
User avatar
CanaYouDoIt
Posts: 3384
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:56 pm
Has thanked: 635 times
Been thanked: 157 times
Contact:

Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:52 am

Plako wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:21 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:26 pmMessi surpassed Maradona at 23 years old.
Is that when you started watching football dude? lol
Nah that’s just when he’d already surpassed him balon d’ors and career achievements. Maradona while great doesn’t even come close to Messis overall career . Messi is the best of all time, it’s not an argument.
User avatar
Aurora Bulkualis
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: Bulkustan
Team: Fc Bulku
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 263 times
Contact:

Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:38 am

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:51 am That’s delusional, do you know how bad San Marino are ?
If you're the greatest player in the history of the game, you should lead a team like that to a qualification at least once in your entire career.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
User avatar
CanaYouDoIt
Posts: 3384
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:56 pm
Has thanked: 635 times
Been thanked: 157 times
Contact:

Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:25 pm

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:38 am
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:51 am That’s delusional, do you know how bad San Marino are ?
If you're the greatest player in the history of the game, you should lead a team like that to a qualification at least once in your entire career.
I think you’re forgetting how shit San Marino are.
User avatar
Aurora Bulkualis
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: Bulkustan
Team: Fc Bulku
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 263 times
Contact:

Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:32 pm

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:25 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:38 am
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:51 am That’s delusional, do you know how bad San Marino are ?
If you're the greatest player in the history of the game, you should lead a team like that to a qualification at least once in your entire career.
I think you’re forgetting how shit San Marino are.
I think you're forgetting how shit most international teams are. If Saudi Arabia can beat a World Cup finalist, a GOAT player should be able to lead even a team of semi-pros/barely pros to a 2nd seed qualification once in his career.

But anyhow, like I mentioned, all players in the GOAT running are part of teams that can win WC.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 114 times
Been thanked: 412 times
Contact:

Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:33 pm

San Marino would be impossible lmao ... You need at least professional level teammates. San Marino with Messi or Maradona would still lose 6-1 every game.

Pot 5 teams like the level of Belarus and Georgia are more realistic.
User avatar
Aurora Bulkualis
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: Bulkustan
Team: Fc Bulku
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 263 times
Contact:

Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:22 pm

Dallku wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:33 pm San Marino would be impossible lmao ... You need at least professional level teammates. San Marino with Messi or Maradona would still lose 6-1 every game.

Pot 5 teams like the level of Belarus and Georgia are more realistic.
You underestimate the effectiveness of bunker/counter tactics + world class striker.

There were games where it took us 60+ mins to score 1 goal against San Marino. If they had someone to punish us, it'd be a very different result.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest