Roma vs Feyenoord Uefa Conference League Final

All about football. Technical discussions, samples, world cup, continental competitions.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:49 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:44 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:16 pm Kumbulla becomes the first Albanian to win a European trophy ?
Isn't the backup GK for Frankfurt Albanian too right?

Hey, we had Albanian players win both the EL and ECL2 this year!!! Lol.

Shame they were both just waterboys.
Oh yeah I literally said him last week but I meant guys who play for us.

But Kumbulla isn’t a water boy
Mourinho didn't even sub him on. He isn't a waterboy but he's getting treated like one.

Should leave for his own good.
Dallku

RedFootballs wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:51 pm

Is leaving good though?

Kumbulla has improved a lot during this season. He's not the same player now as he was last May. Not many young players have the privilege of getting coached by a manager like this or a club with expectations that doesn't tolerate mistakes. He also has learned a lot from superior defenders who happen to be his competition and that can continue.

The minutes thing is not that big of a deal. Even this season he got a lot of minutes because of injuries, multiple competitions, rotations, form, etc. He'll still get a lot of minutes even if he's not a starter. Right now he's the 4th choice. It would turn bad only if they sign another CB.
Princ

RedFootballs wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:51 pm Mourinho didn't even sub him on. He isn't a waterboy but he's getting treated like one.

Had Mourinho pulled this stunt on me, I would have returned to the hotel before kickoff.

Knows Marash is the quiet type and took advantage of him. Personally, I could never look him in the eyes again after something like that.
CanaYouDoIt

Its only the Conference league, not that big a deal so he wont mind
Princ

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:00 am Its only the Conference league, not that big a deal so he wont mind
What are you on about?

It was a massive night for Albanian culture and history, where Kumbulla’s country of origin was in the European spotlight, looking to show off their modernization.

Nobody in his position should have accepted the bench tonight. Mourinho did him dirty..
artan

Unless Roma plans to have him as a starter next season he should leave. I think a team like Torino where he gets re-united with Juric or even Udinese would be good for him.

I also think this Roma team's potenial is 4th place. I really don't see them overcoming Juve, Inter, Napoli and Milan any time soon.
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:24 am
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:00 am Its only the Conference league, not that big a deal so he wont mind
What are you on about?

It was a massive night for Albanian culture and history, where Kumbulla’s country of origin was in the European spotlight, looking to show off their modernization.

Nobody in his position should have accepted the bench tonight. Mourinho did him dirty..
That’s just got nothing to do with on field performance which is all that matters to the coach
CanaYouDoIt

artan wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:23 am Unless Roma plans to have him as a starter next season he should leave. I think a team like Torino where he gets re-united with Juric or even Udinese would be good for him.

I also think this Roma team's potenial is 4th place. I really don't see them overcoming Juve, Inter, Napoli and Milan any time soon.
I agree, he’s played well and still couldn’t get any mins , not like Roma are all that too, he needs mins and he’s not getting them
Princ

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:36 am That’s just got nothing to do with on field performance
Of course it does!

That was the World Cup final for Kumbulla, who would have came out stronger than ever last night in Tirana. Whatever small technical difference that might exist with those others, would be negated by the fact that he was playing in Albania. Remember how he locked down Lewandowski in that same arena a few months ago..

Mourinho trusted him for over 1700 minutes this season, but could not allow him to play in his home country, in front of his own fans. It is insulting not only to Kumbulla, but every Albanian in general.
Dallku

Princ wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:48 pm

Of course it does!

That was the World Cup final for Kumbulla, who would have came out stronger than ever last night in Tirana. Whatever small technical difference that might exist with those others, would be negated by the fact that he was playing in Albania. Remember how he locked down Lewandowski in that same arena a few months ago..

Mourinho trusted him for over 1700 minutes this season, but could not allow him to play in his home country, in front of his own fans. It is insulting not only to Kumbulla, but every Albanian in general.

If Mourinho cared about feelings more than winning then he wouldn't be 5-0 in European finals.

I'm sure Kumbulla knows that his position is earned, not given just because of his identity.

Survival of the fittest!
  • Information