Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Hysaj with big game too vs. Lazio. That Kumbulla absence against England is still pissing me off. The first goal we conceded was from the guy who replaced him :wallbang:
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
MercedesBenz240
Team: Bistrica

Plako wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:11 pm
ZenMaster wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:37 pm Duka made alliances with political actors and went constantly after all the big clubs only to keep his power. It's impossible to find any country in world where all their major teams were relegated in last 20 years, it wasn't accident or due to sports merit. Duka knew if the likes of Tirana,Partizani,Vllaznia,Flamurtari would establish sportive hegemony they could remove him easily from power so that's why he destroyed Dinamo to create Skenderbet or created new "realities" as Kukesi,Laçi. I don't have anything against any of those cities but their "success" is not only based in sport merits and their development potential is ridiculous compare to capital teams.
I was wondering how come Teuta is first this season and then I realized Duka's brother is second in the PD list in Durres. This mofo has been pulling shit like this for 2 decades now.
Weren't everyone saying how Kukësi's going to win again this year at the beginning of the season? Now it's Teuta because of Duka's brother? Not that i would be surprised if that would actually be the case but Teuta has a pretty decent squad and they don't deserve to be there less than any of the other contenders.
Plako
Team: Partizani

MercedesBenz240 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:05 am Weren't everyone saying how Kukësi's going to win again this year at the beginning of the season? Now it's Teuta because of Duka's brother? Not that i would be surprised if that would actually be the case but Teuta has a pretty decent squad and they don't deserve to be there less than any of the other contenders.
I don't think anyone mentioned Kukes. It was Vllaznia that was leading the title race from the very beginning.
artan

Plako wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:52 pm
MercedesBenz240 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:05 am Weren't everyone saying how Kukësi's going to win again this year at the beginning of the season? Now it's Teuta because of Duka's brother? Not that i would be surprised if that would actually be the case but Teuta has a pretty decent squad and they don't deserve to be there less than any of the other contenders.
I don't think anyone mentioned Kukes. It was Vllaznia that was leading the title race from the very beginning.
I think his point was that a few teams have political connections. Partizani with Olsi Rama, Teuta with that guy you mentioned, Kukesi with Gjici being a Rama puppet, etc. And truthfully in his defense, Teuta in terms of talent aren't that far off from Partizani who I think is the most talented team in the league. I wouldn't blink an eye if any team in the top 4 ends up winning the league.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Now Albanian media hyping up Uzuni. I swear Albanian media has corrupting effect on players. Kace, Rashica, Manaj, Cekici, Kabashi etc all regressed, and some are worse than they were as teenagers.
MercedesBenz240
Team: Bistrica

artan wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:05 pm
Plako wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:52 pm
I think his point was that a few teams have political connections. Partizani with Olsi Rama, Teuta with that guy you mentioned, Kukesi with Gjici being a Rama puppet, etc. And truthfully in his defense, Teuta in terms of talent aren't that far off from Partizani who I think is the most talented team in the league. I wouldn't blink an eye if any team in the top 4 ends up winning the league.
And my point was that i don't think Teuta is in the first place cause of Duka's brother because the point difference with the other teams from top 4 is minimal and it's not even the kind of team you would be surprised to see on the top. Especially with how inconsistent the main contenders have been, peak Skenderbet or Partizani would have already been crowned champions by this time.
artan

RedFootballs wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:12 pm Now Albanian media hyping up Uzuni. I swear Albanian media has corrupting effect on players. Kace, Rashica, Manaj, Cekici, Kabashi etc all regressed, and some are worse than they were as teenagers.
They do it with every player. I'd rather them hype up Uzuini then Cikaleshi, Roshi or Balaj who they've been slurping on for years. Atleast Uzuini is progressing in a positive direction from a humble beginning (Albanian First Division - Albanian Superliga - Croatia (Top player) - Hungary (Champions League)
Dallku

artan wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:25 am
RedFootballs wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:12 pm Now Albanian media hyping up Uzuni. I swear Albanian media has corrupting effect on players. Kace, Rashica, Manaj, Cekici, Kabashi etc all regressed, and some are worse than they were as teenagers.
They do it with every player. I'd rather them hype up Uzuini then Cikaleshi, Roshi or Balaj who they've been slurping on for years. Atleast Uzuini is progressing in a positive direction from a humble beginning (Albanian First Division - Albanian Superliga - Croatia (Top player) - Hungary (Champions League)
Uzuni needs to sign KF Bylis and call it a day. That's his true level. Don't be deceived. He's a huge reason why Albania has one of the worst attacks in europe.

Roshi might be finished as a player but he's an Albania legend.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

The only thing I'm grateful for when it comes to these players is showing other Albanian players/media that things like scoring once against Juventus or being on Barcelona's bench don't mean anything. You actually have to be able to play consistently at that level. Imagine if someone like Vrioni made his debut with Juventus 10-15 years ago. You'd never hear the end of it. But all he had was 2 good days of hype because we knew it meant nothing. No one even talks about him anymore. We actually hyped up Kabashi way more than Vrioni, and Vrioni actually played. Kabashi was just on the bench.

In their own way they're raising the bar, because they're learning that these aren't real accomplishments.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:12 am The only thing I'm grateful for when it comes to these players is showing other Albanian players/media that things like scoring once against Juventus or being on Barcelona's bench don't mean anything. You actually have to be able to play consistently at that level. Imagine if someone like Vrioni made his debut with Juventus 10-15 years ago. You'd never hear the end of it. But all he had was 2 good days of hype because we knew it meant nothing. No one even talks about him anymore. We actually hyped up Kabashi way more than Vrioni, and Vrioni actually played. Kabashi was just on the bench.

In their own way they're raising the bar, because they're learning that these aren't real accomplishments.
We still do. Vrioni received a few call ups and even some appearances mainly because he plays at Juventus (Youth). Manaj gets hyped up and is a shoe in to start because he scores some penalties for Barcelona in the third division of Spain and the analysts always talks about his form. Balaj was hyped up for the longest time..

Uzuini never got that same treatment and he's more deserving then the others. Put in great performances against Dinamo, Celtic and Molde to help them qualify for CL. Scored a goal against Juventus in the CL (even a tap in) and lets be real if Roshi scored that everyone would have lost their shit.
  • Information