Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dallku

RedFootballs wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:23 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:28 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:43 pm :mrgreen: Spanish media reporting Lionel Messi says 'I like Rey Manaj, he has perfect technique'
Manaj, the new Bulku?
Lol I'm not sure where this rumour started but it seems to have come from a reliable source in Spain. Mistranslation?

It's really funny too bc Braithwaite is not even that much better than Manaj, maybe even equal, if Manaj ends up getting a callup + debut for Barcelona senior team I will laugh my ass off. But as Indrit said he was bought just to get Barcelona B promoted so it's unlikely such will ever happen.

No way. Braithwaite is light years better than Manaj. He might not be Barca level but at the very least he's a guaranteed top 4 league striker and a Denmark international with 40+ caps. Things Manaj couldn't even dream of.

Manaj at the very most is a 2nd division player with maybe tiny potential to play for a relegation team in a good league.. but that's really really really pushing it because he flopped in the 2nd division too.

Right now everything indicates that he's a 3rd division level player.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:08 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:23 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:28 pm

Manaj, the new Bulku?
Lol I'm not sure where this rumour started but it seems to have come from a reliable source in Spain. Mistranslation?

It's really funny too bc Braithwaite is not even that much better than Manaj, maybe even equal, if Manaj ends up getting a callup + debut for Barcelona senior team I will laugh my ass off. But as Indrit said he was bought just to get Barcelona B promoted so it's unlikely such will ever happen.

No way. Braithwaite is light years better than Manaj. He might not be Barca level but at the very least he's a guaranteed top 4 league striker and a Denmark international with 40+ caps. Things Manaj couldn't even dream of.

Manaj at the very most is a 2nd division player with maybe tiny potential to play for a relegation team in a good league.. but that's really really really pushing it because he flopped in the 2nd division too.

Right now everything indicates that he's a 3rd division level player.
Look at Braithwaite's goal scoring record... Other than one 11 goal season in Ligue 1 there is nothing there. The only thing seperating them is that Braithwaite is commonly recognised that's it, he has played horrible for Barca A this season and couldn't score in the Championship (it's difficult league but if he was any different to Manaj he'd score there)

I can see Manaj possible playing relegation LaLiga in a workhorse role.
artan

Half of Manaj's goals this season came from penalties. The reality is he's barely a second division striker let alone a top flight striker in Spain. Barcelona signed him for their Barcelona B to give them a permanent presence as their B team is filled with youth players who bounce between the A and B team and for a mainstay in their fight to not get relegated (this eventually happened). Manaj was an investment for their B team not their A team.

I'm not even sure if he's better than Seferi.
CanaYouDoIt

He's playing in a team full of chance creators, in a 3rd division league (which is split into further leagues) and most his goals are pens.

24 years old too , playing with a bunch of kids.
RedFootballs

I don't know what happened to Tomas Guidara callup, if it was FSHF barrier or documents but let's try to get him again. Also what happened to Balliu? We can switch Hysaj to the other side, he's a decent LB as well.

But yeah, Tomas Guidara is starting for velez very legit team
RedFootballs

As Simboli points out at https://albanianfootballblog.com/broja- ... ts-target/ Broja generally seems to be in quite poor form. We had quite unlucky circumstances in our last fixtures, no Bajrami/Kumbulla and best striker bad form
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

RedFootballs wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:06 am As Simboli points out at https://albanianfootballblog.com/broja- ... ts-target/ Broja generally seems to be in quite poor form. We had quite unlucky circumstances in our last fixtures, no Bajrami/Kumbulla and best striker bad form
Those are automatically google-translated from Sportekspress 😅 Broja hasn’t scored in 5 games straght but i wouldn’t worry about this as much as his abilities to hold to the ball and distribute it. It will take another year at Eredevise to build up confidence and mentality to become the player qe want him to be. Goals in Netherland are irrilevant and he is playing as a second striker. He isn’t a rough player and against closed teams like Andora or SMR he suffers a lot their interventions.
We’ll watch him play during June friendlies against Wales and Czech Rep.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I watched him once and he was terrible on the ball. Bad touch and couldn't hold up the ball.

As for his finishing, did he miss chances? I think it's more our midfield not creating chances. Scoring at his age in Holland is a pretty good feat.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
RedFootballs

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:13 am I watched him once and he was terrible on the ball. Bad touch and couldn't hold up the ball.

As for his finishing, did he miss chances? I think it's more our midfield not creating chances. Scoring at his age in Holland is a pretty good feat.
Suarez at this time in Eredivesie scored 10, Zlatan one less, so he is in very good company. It's hard to score multiple digits in this league for any Albanian striker let alone 19, already with 9g, I think he needs specific type of system to succeed with Albania. Bajrami can help with this and so can Ndoj if he stays fit. If we have Bajrami, Ndoj and Bare this is the dream midfield, also Ndoj and Bajrami are decently tall so we can win headers also. Throw Rroca in as well who's playing like Messi in this Turkish 2nd league

Cikalleshi is also in better form it looks like
RedFootballs

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:06 am
RedFootballs wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:06 am As Simboli points out at https://albanianfootballblog.com/broja- ... ts-target/ Broja generally seems to be in quite poor form. We had quite unlucky circumstances in our last fixtures, no Bajrami/Kumbulla and best striker bad form
Those are automatically google-translated from Sportekspress 😅 Broja hasn’t scored in 5 games straght but i wouldn’t worry about this as much as his abilities to hold to the ball and distribute it. It will take another year at Eredevise to build up confidence and mentality to become the player qe want him to be. Goals in Netherland are irrilevant and he is playing as a second striker. He isn’t a rough player and against closed teams like Andora or SMR he suffers a lot their interventions.
We’ll watch him play during June friendlies against Wales and Czech Rep.
Mmmm with 19 years old he still has time to physically develop, fill out and probably get a bit stronger/rougher. I haven't seen much of him but I thought when I did watch him he's worse aerially than I thought.
  • Information