Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dallku

He’s probably just good enough to keep the German “dream” alive and it’s not like Germany is that stacked with class strikers. They played with Mario Gomez for the longest and he was average af.
CanaYouDoIt

I mean Mario Gomez was banging in goals for Bayern and always played at the top level. But at most I see Berisha getting a few caps for them , not worth it imo , just go play for Kosove/Albania and become a legend .
CanaYouDoIt

Tim Civeja , seems interesting . Would call him up just to cover but since he's only 19 I think he'll try and get with Germany first.
artan

Dallku wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:56 pm He’s probably just good enough to keep the German “dream” alive and it’s not like Germany is that stacked with class strikers. They played with Mario Gomez for the longest and he was average af.
Mario Gomez was a very good striker in his prime. He had a few seasons of 20 + goals for Bayern lol.

I think with Berisha is that he broke out this year with his performances in European competitions. He turned from a good Austrian Bundesliga player to a player who can be a starting player for a Champions league team in Germany. His stock has risen signfinicantly.

Will he ever be good enough for Germany? I'm not sure and he's still got time to prove that which is why he'll never get serious about us for the next few years.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I seriously don't get these guys that are so desperate to play for Germany. International football is like a recreational sport at this point. World Cup used to be the big thing back then, but not anymore. Clubs dominate modern football. No one is going to care that you play for Germany.

I mean Mario Gotze scored WC winning goal for Germany, and the dude is playing in the same league as Broja right now. Lol. Broja has the same number assist as Gotze and almost 2x the goals :rrokullisem:
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Princ

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:59 am I seriously don't get these guys that are so desperate to play for Germany. International football is like a recreational sport at this point. World Cup used to be the big thing back then, but not anymore. Clubs dominate modern football. No one is going to care that you play for Germany.

I mean Mario Gotze scored WC winning goal for Germany, and the dude is playing in the same league as Broja right now. Lol. Broja has the same number assist as Gotze and almost 2x the goals :rrokullisem:
A player should be judged for what they accomplish during their prime. Gotze is nearing the end but was a terrific footballer back in his heyday.

Playing for the German national team will open doors in life that Albania never could. Berisha has a ton of potential and could soon be a big star.

The Germany dream is not far away from him.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Princ wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:36 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:59 am I seriously don't get these guys that are so desperate to play for Germany. International football is like a recreational sport at this point. World Cup used to be the big thing back then, but not anymore. Clubs dominate modern football. No one is going to care that you play for Germany.

A player should be judged for what they accomplish during their prime. Gotze is nearing the end but was a terrific footballer back in his heyday.

Playing for the German national team will open doors in life that Albania never could. Berisha has a ton of potential and could soon be a big star.

Gotze is 28... This IS his prime. Dude is being outperformed by Broja. Are we retiring footballers at 24 now?

The only ones who need doors opened are players from Albania or Kosova, ironically the ones that won't play for Germany. This dude doesn't need Germany to succeed.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

Tbf he has issues that have ruined his careee otherwise he’d have been great for sure.

As for the Germany point I highly disagree, most these guys won’t end up getting more than 2/3 caps for them , is that really worthy it ? No .

And at the end of the day you’ll never be loved like you should , because you’re not German , English or French , you’re Albanian . Just look at Ozil , couldn’t have had a better German career and still isn’t loved like he should be because he’s Turkish .

I just don’t get it , you play for Albania you become a legend for your homeland it’s just worth it . Big names playing for us would encourage others to join and make us even stronger . I will never understand these guys.
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:00 am
Princ wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:36 am

Gotze is 28... This IS his prime. Dude is being outperformed by Broja. Are we retiring footballers at 24 now?

The only ones who need doors opened are players from Albania or Kosova, ironically the ones that won't play for Germany. This dude doesn't need Germany to succeed.
Are you serious? Gotze's WC goal in the final was the highlight of his career and will make him go down in history. The World Cup has and will always be the most watched event.

He's playing in the Dutch league because after the world cup he has been a huge flop and has suffered from all kinds of injuries & disorders.
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Gotze did something that 99% of the Earth's population can only fantasize about.

You don't think Messi would trade his Barça trophies to be able to do the same thing for Argentina?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Umtiti sacrifice his club career playing in the last World Cup with an injury that he still hasn't totally recovered from?
  • Information