Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Princ

Another one for Cikalleshi.

Averaging a goal every 2 full games (~182 minutes) this season.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Manaj starts today against Inter.
Dallku

Manaj is what happens when you put a 3rd division player in a 1st division. Dude about to finish the season on a 0/0 stat line.
RedFootballs

Dallku wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:23 pm Manaj is what happens when you put a 3rd division player in a 1st division. Dude about to finish the season on a 0/0 stat line.
Tbf Spezia are pitifully bad. In the games I watched you are lucky to get a chance to shoot once per game as their striker. He's too slow and inactive to play for this type of team. Doesn't press or do anything off the ball. You cant be a passenger on a relegation team or you just won't touch the ball.

I haven't seen him sprint once so far this game. He might be one of the laziest players I've ever seen.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

RedFootballs wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:30 pm
Dallku wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:23 pm Manaj is what happens when you put a 3rd division player in a 1st division. Dude about to finish the season on a 0/0 stat line.
Tbf Spezia are pitifully bad. In the games I watched you are lucky to get a chance to shoot once per game as their striker. He's too slow and inactive to play for this type of team. Doesn't press or do anything off the ball. You cant be a passenger on a relegation team or you just won't touch the ball.

I haven't seen him sprint once so far this game. He might be one of the laziest players I've ever seen.
Bogdani was playing midtable or Serie A relegation teams and he always managed to put some even when his teams averaged 2 shots on target all season. Manaj needs 4-5 chances to score one goal.
Dallku

This is true and the issue is that he doesn't have the talent to compensate for his laziness.

Usually players who are lazy in the top leagues make up for it by either having great technique, being in the right place at the right time, unique trait, etc... Manaj is the definition of nothing.

No talent + lazy is bad combination.
RedFootballs

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:36 pm

Bogdani was playing midtable or Serie A relegation teams and he always managed to put some even when his teams averaged 2 shots on target all season. Manaj needs 4-5 chances to score one goal.
Manaj need to earn playing time first. Only his second start this season. Even if it's against Inter judging by his work rate he isn't going to get another start for a while.
RedFootballs

Dallku wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:40 pm
This is true and the issue is that he doesn't have the talent to compensate for his laziness.

Usually players who are lazy in the top leagues make up for it by either having great technique, being in the right place at the right time, unique trait, etc... Manaj is the definition of nothing.

No talent + lazy is bad combination.
I wonder when will the penny drop that he is fighting for his career at any good level here and this is his last opportunity. Maybe he wants to end up back in Barca B and the third division because he couldn't care less by the looks of it.
artan

Manaj isn't a first division player and he's barely a second division one either. He's been given multiple opportunities over the years in the top or second division in Italy/Spain and has flopped every chance. I'm still not sure how he got a move to a Serie A team when he was mediocre in the third division of Spain last year and half of his goals came from penalties. He'll be playing with Roshi and Co. in the turkish second division next year.

I'm glad this Frankenstein experiment for us is almost over. Kind of crazy how he was an undisputed starter for nearly three years with the NT. We've must have had one of the worst forward rotations in Europe over the years with Manaj, Balaj and Cikaleshi.
RedFootballs

He was better in the second half but again same problems which stop him from ever being a starter for a first division team

1. Has one workrate mode aka light jog

2. Can't finish and can't score goals. Not a great trait for a striker.
  • Information