Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Dallku

ZenMaster wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:05 pm Myrto Uzuni to Olympiacos? Probably is just rumour but if it happens it's great move in the right direction.
No way. Maybe if he wants to be buried on the bench and then get loaned out in a village team a few months later. For clubs who automatically dislike Albanians like Olympiakos and Legia if you don't put out SPECIAL performances you will be dropped on the spot. These teams are controlled by their hooligans too.

But either way Uzuni is really not Olympiakos level. Their standards and expectations are high, especially for attackers.
artan

For a player outside the top 4-5 leagues Uzuini is very proven. One of the best players in Croatia last year and in Hungary this year with solid performances in champions league qualifying. There's no reason to not believe he could replicated the same success in Greece with Olympiakos. I don't even think Olmpiakos is that much of a jump from Ferencvaros who are slowly becoming a mainstay in European competitions. I also guess from Olypmiakos standpoint Uzuini doesn't move the needle for them.

I'd rather see him play in a Western European league.
Dallku

artan wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:09 pm For a player outside the top 4-5 leagues Uzuini is very proven. One of the best players in Croatia last year and in Hungary this year with solid performances in champions league qualifying. There's no reason to not believe he could replicated the same success in Greece with Olympiakos. I don't even think Olmpiakos is that much of a jump from Ferencvaros who are slowly becoming a mainstay in European competitions. I also guess from Olypmiakos standpoint Uzuini doesn't move the needle for them.

Olympiakos level is top 4 league and players who have actually made an impact in those leagues not just randoms. The best example I can give you is Kevin Mirallas from a few years ago. He was scoring a bunch of goals for Everton and then signed for Olympiakos.

Comparing Olympiakos to Ferencvaros is silly. Olympiakos has the ability to sign a player who costs more than the whole Ferencvaros team. Ferenc is closer to Skenderbeu (at its glory days) than Olympiakos.

We are not even sure if Uzuni is Albania starting material nevermind top 4 league level.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

You lot are living in the past. The reality Olympiakos wouldn't even win the English second tier. Half of their players are washed 30+ from top4 leagues. They only won 3 points in their CL group.

At the same time we are underestimating Ferencvaros, putting them on level with Skenderbeu, which is insane! Do you guys not see all the clubs that DON'T qualify for the CL and how good they are? Yet we shit on Ferencvaros bc they are a Hungarian team. That's it. Not an 'aesthetic' country such as Greece, Turkey etc who's leagues we love to overrate

Keeping in mind that Uzuni had crucial role in beating Molde, Granada, Celtic, and even got a goal against Juve.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:41 pm
artan wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:09 pm For a player outside the top 4-5 leagues Uzuini is very proven. One of the best players in Croatia last year and in Hungary this year with solid performances in champions league qualifying. There's no reason to not believe he could replicated the same success in Greece with Olympiakos. I don't even think Olmpiakos is that much of a jump from Ferencvaros who are slowly becoming a mainstay in European competitions. I also guess from Olypmiakos standpoint Uzuini doesn't move the needle for them.

Olympiakos level is top 4 league and players who have actually made an impact in those leagues not just randoms. The best example I can give you is Kevin Mirallas from a few years ago. He was scoring a bunch of goals for Everton and then signed for Olympiakos.

Comparing Olympiakos to Ferencvaros is silly. Olympiakos has the ability to sign a player who costs more than the whole Ferencvaros team. Ferenc is closer to Skenderbeu (at its glory days) than Olympiakos.

We are not even sure if Uzuni is Albania starting material nevermind top 4 league level.
Utter utter nonsense. Severely overrating the ability of greek football. Mirallas scoring a bunch of goals ? Give me a break man.
Princ

artan wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:09 pm I don't even think Olmpiakos is that much of a jump from Ferencvaros who are slowly becoming a mainstay in European competitions.
Olympiakos has played in Champions League group stage 8 times in the last 10 seasons.

Ferencvaros accomplished this feat in 2020-21. Before that, you have to date back 25 years to the 1995-96 season for them to play group stages.

Ferencvaros
Total MV: $34.38m
Average player value: $1.27m

Olympiakos
Total MV: $99.61m
Average player value: $3.56m

Uzuni is a hard working player who has proven himself where ever he has gone. Can he cut it at a club like Olympiakos?

I would not write him off but it is a notable step up from Ferencvaros.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Princ wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:24 pm
artan wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:09 pm I don't even think Olmpiakos is that much of a jump from Ferencvaros who are slowly becoming a mainstay in European competitions.
Olympiakos has played in Champions League group stage 8 times in the last 10 seasons.

Ferencvaros accomplished this feat in 2020-21. Before that, you have to date back 25 years to the 1995-96 season for them to play group stages.

Ferencvaros
Total MV: $34.38m
Average player value: $1.27m

Olympiakos
Total MV: $99.61m
Average player value: $3.56m

Uzuni is a hard working player who has proven himself where ever he has gone. Can he cut it at a club like Olympiakos?

I would not write him off but it is a notable step up from Ferencvaros.
You also should note when quoting values that clubs that play in leagues with worse reputation tend to have lower market values, and players that have played in top leagues have artifically inflated value sometimes when they move away from higher leagues. Ferencvaros won many games in CL qualifying against teams with greater value than Olympiacos. Also uzuni is star player of Ferencvaros, his numbers for them are insane
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

The Greek league is bad, but Olympiacos should be equal to a relegation team in Serie A or something like that. I'm not sure if Uzuni can cut it at that level.
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:13 pm Another Nedim Bajrami goal
We need this guy badly.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

European Super League in the works it seems. Absolutely devastating news for football .Has to be stopped.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:33 pm European Super League in the works it seems. Absolutely devastating news for football .Has to be stopped.
UEFA and domestic leagues won’t allow it. Serie A and Premierleague ufficals had a meeting today after the rumours. DAZN is playing woth fire, i’ll stop watching club football if it becomes like NFL.
  • Information