Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Skenderbeu9

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:08 pm
Skenderbeu9 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:18 pm No he is not Albanian by blood and will never be but when such a talent offers himself to a 3rd tier footballing nation like us you shouldn't pass the opportunity
Every nation has or had a player who has no prior connection to the national team he is playing for
You want examples?

Mario Fernandes ,Guilerme, Ari Russia
Junior Moraes Ukraine
Amauri,Camoranesi,Jorginho Italy
Marcos Senna, Diego Costa Spain
Marco Aurelio Turkey
Zeca Greece
Muric Kosova

But yes we shouldn't 😂🤣😂 cause we are superior to them we have Trashi , Balaj ,Doka ,Manaj he cannot fit with these world beaters

Is someone like Balliu (1/8 Albanian doesn't speak the language) Aliji (Albanian speaking gypsy who never lived in Albania) much more Albanians than him?

Let’s just start making the whole national team full of foreigners who are better than our Albanians.

He ain’t even that good to be worrying about it
Yes he is not Cristiano sorry about it
The guy can play both winger and striker
The only player better than him is Rashica atm
But they let him go because of that clown De Biasi
Who would play Vila 🐐 in front of him

Does FSHF make anymore approaches to Kosovar diaspora players like Ademi Rexhbecaj M. Berisha ?
Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:10 pm
Plako wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:04 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:23 pm Don't know why I've done this as it just annoys me but if us and Kosove somehow combined National Teams I really think we would be up there under the right coach . Compared to Croatia who are the best in the Balkans, it is actually quite close . Midfield can be changed around as its the weak point but still with that attack and defence we would make World Cups and every Euros. Hopefully one day , dont want to waste this generation. :(

Combining Kosova's midfield/forward with Albania's defense and goalie would be a sick
combo with the right coach.
The same Kosova midfield/attack that gets dominated by the Moldovas, Macedonias, and Ramadanis?

I thought that hype/bandwagon died after getting exposed countless times. Guess not.
Kosova's midfield is way more fluid than Albania's. We're still playing Memushaj for crying out loud. And Muriqi over Cika is not even a question. Kosova's defense and goalie are utter garbage. Muric makes Berisha look like Neuer.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Skenderbeu9 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:27 pm They didn't even gave him an Albanian passport how on earth he was called up
The guy said if Albania calls me first I'll play for them
We didn't
Nigeria saw that they might lose him and decided to cap him Thats normal stuff

Either way your problem is that he is zezak

If he was white they would invent an Albanian grandfather and everyone woul been happy
Has nothing to do with being zezak. You said it yourself "The guy said if Albania calls me first I'll play for them." We're sick on tired of our diaspora mercenaries, why should we bother with Nigerian mercernaries?! This is not club football. If he grew up in Albania and identifies as one then by all means he should be capped. We can't lower our standards to call up anyone who plays club football for a few years in Albania.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

The FA and Duka were against him since the start, just ruled it out at the first interview justifying that we have plenty of Albanians who are good enough. We wouldn’t try to make an artificial national team with mercenaries who after becoming famous would treat the NT games as second tier not giving their 100%. There wasn’t an Olyainka case , the player specifically stated: “ he was willing to play for Albania if he got the Albanian passport. “ That passport and playing for us would’ve done wonders for his career , i’m quite sure about that . He has gained nothing playing for Nigeria and won’t gain in future either because simply put they have dozens like him . Lets focus on the 10 albanians who are waiting for Switzerland and Germany . Some of them even playing in Serie B like Nedim Bajrami...
artan

We literally offered him a call up last year but he just used it as noise to leverage a Nigerian NT call up. He had no interest in playing for us so there is no discussion really. Our NT doesn't even call up Balliu despite the fact we barely have any fullbacks on the roster and he's already cap tied to us.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

artan wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:24 pm Balliu doesn't even get called up and he'll arguably be a starter for us. Aliji hasn't been called up in a while and he was a LB (position of need) and I believe he's a half Albanian from Macedonian. Ironically, you're calling him a gypsy but want a Nigerian on the NT.

Olayinka is a neat player but looking at his stats he's not exactly tearing up the Czech league (6 goals in all competitions last year and 4 goals this year). He's the same caliber of player Uzuini is. And regardless they offered Olayinka a call up but as soon as that happened Nigeria decided to call him up and he chose them instead (shocker!). He used us to get a call up from the Nigerian NT
Olayinka ain't gonna fit in 3-5-2 anyhow. He's not an out and out striker. He's a more withdrawn forward.

But he scored against Bayer Leverkusen and handed his team the victory. Also scored against Inter if I remember correctly.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

I was all for Olayinka when he played in Albania but now even mentioning him seems desperate and borderline pathetic. He’s not even a top class striker nor is he needed.

Albania is set in goalkeepers, defenders and strikers can be managed. Broja has top 4 league potential while veterans like Cikalleshi are still reliable. We also have Kamberi and others on deck if things are that desperate.

Albania is only lacking in good/great midfielders right now. Don’t think kace is the answer right now and Kallaku needs to improve a lot to be that guy.
Greku
Has thanked: 0

I think the position in which we are desperate is the LB/LM position in midfield we got plenty ok players that don't get called up for one reason or another like Kace and Xhaka
Broja has excited our expectations at Vitesse and if he can keep this up we will be fine at CF for a decade
Kamberi brings nothing new he is a younger Balaj
I believe one of Bullari Muci will soon take the place of Vrioni Sadiku Balaj
Cika is on form
The guy at least is not afraid to take a shot
Has 2-4 more years for the NT
But at the wings Roshi is still necessary and l would still call Lenjani he can play at that 3-5-2 Reja plays
Doka showed some promise
I hope Mitaj takes a few games with AEK this season and we cap him asap
Balliu should at least be called he plays regularly at a team which fights for promotion
Aliji and Ajeti have been the bigger flops since Euro 16
After that clown Ademi switched from Croatia to N. Macedonia l don't trust these guys and have small hopes about Bajrami
Rufati is also an alternate for defence
plisi
Been thanked: 0

Albanian sport jouralists have finally a reason to use the "bomber" word for an Albanian striker. Cikalleshi has 8 goals in 8 games for the NT now. That's impressive !!
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Btw whoever did the site display/HUD revamp, it's really good.

This 3-5-2 is a failure. With the defense we have right now we should not concede a single goal EVER to a team like Lithuania let alone lose
  • Information