Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Klejdi1023

artan wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:42 am
ZenMaster wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:26 am
artan wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:14 am With Broja injured, Uzuini is the only capable option at forward and is our most in form attacker. Skuka might be a wild card but we can't count on him, he may provide some value as a counter attacking sub. Other guys like Seferi, Cikaleshi, Vrioni, Manaj, etc, aren't professional players. I just hope we don't see someone like Xhixha starting which I can totally see happening.

My lineup for now (assuming we don't get any callups like Muja or Krasniqi)

--Mehmeti-Uzuini-Bajrami
----Cekici-Asllani-Cokaj
Hysaj-Gym-Ismajli-Baliu
----------Berisha

Cokaj has no chance to start against Poland, he lacks match fitness and experience to play over Abrashi. Even Laci and Selahi deserve to start over him.
Laci has played around 140 total minutes since September and Cokaj was the better player than Selahi in Croatia. As for Abrashi he does deserve to start despite his age. I'd pick him over Cokaj.
This is a game for Abrashi to start. Ideally Asllani should play the whole game, and one of Cokaj or Laci as second half sub is ok. Just don’t wanna see Ramadani at all anymore.
CanaYouDoIt

https://youtu.be/Vi4Pt3-sC3U

one thing I will say about Sylvinho is he’s showing the same passion Di Biasi did, you never saw Reja commit like this. It’s why you go for young guys, they’ve got something to prove. Sylvinho is living in Albania , throwing everything at it, he might end up being a bad coach but all of this will do us good in the long run.
artan

Mediocre list and uninspiring. Seferi and Cikaleshi both called up and he'll probably start one of them at striker. Disappointed.
CanaYouDoIt

artan wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:24 pm Image

Mediocre list and uninspiring. Seferi and Cikaleshi both called up and he'll probably start one of them at striker. Disappointed.
it is disappointing but good to see Mehmeti and Selahi on the list
Dallku

It's clearly FSHF's list because Silvinho doesnt know any of these players yet.

Surprised they left out Muci because he seems to be in good form. Mihaj too (although he has been very bad for the NT).

Jasir Asani pressuring a callup by threatening to play for Macedonia is a joke because he's an absolute amateur. Macedonia has sense and is not touching this clown who's not good enough to play even in the inferior leagues of Europe so he went all the way to Korea.

Albania will lose this game for sure because everybody is out of form, no Broja, no goalkeeper, first game in a back 4, etc etc but I'm optimistic for the future with Silvinho. He seems to have good energy.
IndritFieri
Team: AC Milan
FK Apollonia
Kuq & Zi
Italy

Honestly who will we call up. It is not like we are leaving out good players. Djimsiti and Broja are injured. Maybe Muci should have been called. There are not other players. Even Hysaj is injured.

Best Line Up would be
Berisha/Kastrati
Balliu Ismaili Kumbulla Hysaj
Bajrami selahi abrashi asllani
Uzuni Cikalleshi
artan

IndritFieri wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:09 pm Honestly who will we call up. It is not like we are leaving out good players. Djimsiti and Broja are injured. Maybe Muci should have been called. There are not other players. Even Hysaj is injured.

Best Line Up would be
Berisha/Kastrati
Balliu Ismaili Kumbulla Hysaj
Bajrami selahi abrashi asllani
Uzuni Cikalleshi
Some easy call ups were Muci and Cekici. A guy like Skuka probably should have been called up over Cikalleshi since he was playing a few months ago for the NT when he was at Partizani but now dropped because he just moved to France? Seems a bit weird but I guess his agents already got paid so it's all good. Even a guy like Cokaj is missing and probably deserves a spot.

Then there's players from Kosovo that could have been poached but no attempt was made. Abnor Muja and Ermal Krasniqi come to mind. Even a guy like Meriton Karenica deserves a call up over Jasir Asani who is a nobody. Jasir Asani is such a lazy call up and the FSHF knew they wouldn't have any fallouts with the Macedonian Federation or FIFA because Macedonia aren't interested in him either despite whatever statement he makes.

Then there's diaspora players who I have not followed as of late but I'm sure there's atleast a select few who can atleast provide some depth and contribute.

The current selections are more of the same and its just overall laziness of the FSHF. Do they not try to poach players anymore? Are they just afraid of any backlash from other federations and want to stay quiet because of how corrupt they are?
artan

Dallku wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:43 pm It's clearly FSHF's list because Silvinho doesnt know any of these players yet.

Surprised they left out Muci because he seems to be in good form. Mihaj too (although he has been very bad for the NT).

Jasir Asani pressuring a callup by threatening to play for Macedonia is a joke because he's an absolute amateur. Macedonia has sense and is not touching this clown who's not good enough to play even in the inferior leagues of Europe so he went all the way to Korea.

Albania will lose this game for sure because everybody is out of form, no Broja, no goalkeeper, first game in a back 4, etc etc but I'm optimistic for the future with Silvinho. He seems to have good energy.
Silvio has been the manager for a few months now. You're telling me he didn't do his scouting yet as the manager of the Albanian national team while some internet randos are able to identify a list of players? It's his job and it's probably indicative that FSHF makes the selections and not the manager.
Klejdi1023

He’s called up 6 dm/cms, which tells me he’s probably planning on playing Bajrami on the wings. Don’t like that he called up only 2 true wingers in Asani and Mehmeti as Uzuni has got to start as forward this game. A trio of Uzuni, Bajrami, Mehmeti is the only thing to be excited about in attack. In midfield it’s gotta be Asllani, Abrashi and Selahi.
artan

Klejdi1023 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:16 am He’s called up 6 dm/cms, which tells me he’s probably planning on playing Bajrami on the wings. Don’t like that he called up only 2 true wingers in Asani and Mehmeti as Uzuni has got to start as forward this game. A trio of Uzuni, Bajrami, Mehmeti is the only thing to be excited about in attack. In midfield it’s gotta be Asllani, Abrashi and Selahi.
He wouldn't call up both Seferi and Cikaleshi if he doesn't plan on starting one of them. I'm going to guess he'll play either Ramadani or Gjasula with Abrashi and Asllani in the midfield. Defense will be Hysaj, Kumbulla, Veseli (for an injured Ismajli) and Balliu.

----Uzuini-Cika--Bajrami
-Abrashi-Asllani-Ramadani
Hysaj--Kumbulla---Veseli--Balliu
--------GK

That's the lineup he goes with. The wildcard will be what he does with Bajrami either in the midfield or as winger. Poland 2 - Albania 0
  • Information