Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

Ironically, the team played better when Cana was sent off and the 10 men outclassed Switzerland from that point. They should have got one point vs the Swiss and that probably would have propelled us to the knockout rounds.

That team had alot of fight in them. Makes me even miss Lila. He may have lacked talent but he was a dog.
CanaYouDoIt

Watching some of these teams at the Euros and we really should be here. I hope the next draw we get an easy group because we never seem to have that luck.

We have the defence, just need some organisation from a decent coach.
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:57 pm Watching some of these teams at the Euros and we really should be here. I hope the next draw we get an easy group because we never seem to have that luck.

We have the defence, just need some organisation from a decent coach.
The nations league gives you all the chances in the world.

Not sure if Albania was smart not to get relegated. Yeah I know it's bad(to lose on purpose) but not for the long term picture.
MercedesBenz240
Team: Bistrica

Dallku wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:07 pm Not sure if Albania was smart not to get relegated. Yeah I know it's bad(to lose on purpose) but not for the long term picture.
I think they changed the format and no team from League D is guaranteed an automatic spot.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Interestingly Mergim Berisha may be disqualified from switching to Kosova or Albania. He does not appear to have the Kosovan citizenship at this moment so if the Nedim Bajrami case is ruled in favour FIFA then I see no reason why he could switch either.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Reja should enquire on Petar Bockaj in HNL if he has albanian roots, 2 goals 10 assists.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

You don't want to qualify cheaply through Nations League, especially as a pot 4 team. Playing stronger teams increases your level.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Seems like FIFA will be changing football rules;
https://www.itasportpress.it/calcio/fif ... xRk1K4yZTk
artan

Poland already announced their selections for the September friendly.

I hope we get to see Balliu, Muci, Xhaka, Sahiti and Bajrami (pending FIFA) called up.

-----------Striker
-------Bajrami--Uzuini
Hysaj-Abrashi-Bare--Balliu
---Kumbulla-Gym--Ismajli
---------Strakosha

I think this lineup gives us the most balance. Much improved technical ability and some added width. Undersized team but there is enough defensive coverage there. If Bajrami is ineligible than Muci in his place. If Reja continues to play with the 3-5-2 he'll need to bite the bullet and play a traditional winger as wingback (like Uzuini or Sahiti) or else they'll struggle to get the ball past our own box again.

I'm afraid we'll see more of random lineup selections like Manaj, Balaj, Trashi and Ramadani/Laci starting. Unfortunately, if that's the case we'll get outclassed as you need professionals to be competitive and a lineup needs to be balanced.
Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:33 pm Poland already announced their selections for the September friendly.

I hope we get to see Balliu, Muci, Xhaka, Sahiti and Bajrami (pending FIFA) called up.

-----------Striker
-------Bajrami--Uzuini
Hysaj-Abrashi-Bare--Balliu
---Kumbulla-Gym--Ismajli
---------Strakosha

I think this lineup gives us the most balance. Much improved technical ability and some added width. Undersized team but there is enough defensive coverage there. If Bajrami is ineligible than Muci in his place. If Reja continues to play with the 3-5-2 he'll need to bite the bullet and play a traditional winger as wingback (like Uzuini or Sahiti) or else they'll struggle to get the ball past our own box again.

I'm afraid we'll see more of random lineup selections like Manaj, Balaj, Trashi and Ramadani/Laci starting. Unfortunately, if that's the case we'll get outclassed as you need professionals to be competitive and a lineup needs to be balanced.
There's no way we don't see either Manaj or Cika starting up front.
  • Information