Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

RedFootballs wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:37 pm Reja when asked if Broja will start against Poland :

"I do not know why you always ask me this question. We have 23 players and anyone can start. He must work on the team game and 90 minutes. I use him for the characteristics he has, after the opposing defense becomes tired and disorganised, and there is space, he can be important with his speed."
Can't blame Reja. He did get it right both games against Hungary. Broja seems more effective coming off the bench in the second half against a tired defense. I'm hoping for no defensive errors in the Poland game which cost us big time in Poland. Veseli will be a huge liability.
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:37 pm Reja when asked if Broja will start against Poland :

"I do not know why you always ask me this question. We have 23 players and anyone can start. He must work on the team game and 90 minutes. I use him for the characteristics he has, after the opposing defense becomes tired and disorganised, and there is space, he can be important with his speed."
Because when we see Balaj start we’re right to question your choices you fool especially when Broja has bailed you out .
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Broja as super-sub strategy worked but it was a huge gamble because you’re assuming the game will be tied by the time Broja comes on, and he can perform a miracle in a small number of minutes. Meanwhile Uzuni and co waste 100 chances throughout the game.

If we took our chance throughout the game we wouldn’t need last minute miracles.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:24 pm Broja as super-sub strategy worked but it was a huge gamble because you’re assuming the game will be tied by the time Broja comes on, and he can perform a miracle in a small number of minutes. Meanwhile Uzuni and co waste 100 chances throughout the game.

If we took our chance throughout the game we wouldn’t need last minute miracles.
It looks like a calculated gamble which paid off handsomely. We're one win away from making the playoffs.
artan

It's a stupid strategy because I think we can all agree that Broja is the better player than Cikaleshi, Balaj or Manaj. It's one thing if they're better than Broja or are having good seasons but they're not.

For all the pushback that Reja has against Broja of which some are valid (defensive concerns) Broja is a real good fit in Reja's system. Reja has done a decent job in creating a sound defensive team that is conservative and the lineup kind of needs a selfish attacker as an outlet who can dribble and has pace. Uzuini has shown he can do that but his finishing and composure isn't the same as Broja. Kind of reminds me of Valdet Rama when he had carried us in that 2014 qualifiers but was the clear opposite of a Di Biasi player.
Aurora Bulkualis

Plako wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:31 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:24 pm Broja as super-sub strategy worked but it was a huge gamble because you’re assuming the game will be tied by the time Broja comes on, and he can perform a miracle in a small number of minutes. Meanwhile Uzuni and co waste 100 chances throughout the game.

It looks like a calculated gamble which paid off handsomely. We're one win away from making the playoffs.
Yeah but Hungary was lackluster in offence and their best striker was injured. Poland vs. Veseli will be like 3-0 by the time Broja comes.
Klejdi1023

artan wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:36 pm It's a stupid strategy because I think we can all agree that Broja is the better player than Cikaleshi, Balaj or Manaj. It's one thing if they're better than Broja or are having good seasons but they're not.

For all the pushback that Reja has against Broja of which some are valid (defensive concerns) Broja is a real good fit in Reja's system. Reja has done a decent job in creating a sound defensive team that is conservative and the lineup kind of needs a selfish attacker as an outlet who can dribble and has pace. Uzuini has shown he can do that but his finishing and composure isn't the same as Broja. Kind of reminds me of Valdet Rama when he had carried us in that 2014 qualifiers but was the clear opposite of a Di Biasi player.
I think Uzuni and Broja would complement each other well. Uzuni the one to press and run more, and Broja with more freedom to create and finish and have less defensive duties. Idk where Reja gets this idea that Manaj and Cika press, especially Manaj is so slow. As Broja’s stock rises though, I hope we go back to 4-3-3 with Uzuni and Roshi on the wings and Broja CF, with Bajrami behind him.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

After that game against Hungary Uzuni as second striker does not appeal to me at all. Dominated in the air, couldn't hold up the ball and obviously missed those chances. It's good he got into the positions and can get past his man but this is why he should play on the wing and not in that role.

He could also play in a AM type role.
Aurora Bulkualis

Imagine a counterattack trio upfront of Uzuni, Roshi and Broja. No defenders in the world can do anything against that pace.
These users thanked the author Aurora Bulkualis for the post:
Klejdi1023
Plako

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:01 pm Imagine a counterattack trio upfront of Uzuni, Roshi and Broja. No defenders in the world can do anything against that pace.
We don't have to imagine an Uzuni counter. We saw him twice wide open against Hungary :)
  • Information