Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Dallku
Posts: 5034
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:26 pm
Contact:

Veseli hasn't featured for his club in Serie B since February.

Gjasula hasn't played since September(injury).

All of a sudden these guys are called up and available for the NT. It's like they are full time NT players lol....

Meanwhile the top leaguers just get injured when the NT is approaching. Djimsiti always comes back after international break. Not saying it's intentional... obviously luck has a lot to do with it but point is that players like Veseli and Gjasula are not serious professionals if they are just full time NT players and barely have a club career.
User avatar
artan
Posts: 3139
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:08 am
Contact:

Dallku wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:46 pm Veseli hasn't featured for his club in Serie B since February.

Gjasula hasn't played since September(injury).

All of a sudden these guys are called up and available for the NT. It's like they are full time NT players lol....

Meanwhile the top leaguers just get injured when the NT is approaching. Djimsiti always comes back after international break. Not saying it's intentional... obviously luck has a lot to do with it but point is that players like Veseli and Gjasula are not serious professionals if they are just full time NT players and barely have a club career.
The semi-professionals (Balaj, Cikaleshi, Lila, Ramadani, etc) are always ready for the NT. This is their Champions League. They also never get injured because they play in inferior leagues or are just complete benchwarmers.

The professionals will always find excuses because they don't care about the NT. Perfect example is Strakosha who was a part-time player at best when he was in his prime at Lazio. It's why we have to respect Hysaj who never used any bullshit excuse to miss a match.
User avatar
Klejdi1023
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:05 pm
Contact:

artan wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:25 pm
Dallku wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:46 pm Veseli hasn't featured for his club in Serie B since February.

Gjasula hasn't played since September(injury).

All of a sudden these guys are called up and available for the NT. It's like they are full time NT players lol....

Meanwhile the top leaguers just get injured when the NT is approaching. Djimsiti always comes back after international break. Not saying it's intentional... obviously luck has a lot to do with it but point is that players like Veseli and Gjasula are not serious professionals if they are just full time NT players and barely have a club career.
The semi-professionals (Balaj, Cikaleshi, Lila, Ramadani, etc) are always ready for the NT. This is their Champions League. They also never get injured because they play in inferior leagues or are just complete benchwarmers.

The professionals will always find excuses because they don't care about the NT. Perfect example is Strakosha who was a part-time player at best when he was in his prime at Lazio. It's why we have to respect Hysaj who never used any bullshit excuse to miss a match.
The concerning and disappointing thing is that every new cycle that’s an opportunity for a fresh start, we continue to call up these deadweights. Sylvinho in his press conference said the players on this list were called specifically for the Poland game. Does he really believe Cikalleshi or Seferi can lead the line against Poland ? Or Veseli to defend against Lewandoski ? Or Ramadani to have a chance against their superior midfield ? Why not call up Muci who’s one for the future and actually plays in Poland. Mihaj has had a solid season in Portugal, yet Veseli is higher in the hierarchy then him. Even Cekici or Cokaj would have been better than Ramadani. I have yet to see a list where it feels the best available players were called up and it’s what has held us back all these years especially since post Euro 2016.
User avatar
artan
Posts: 3139
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:08 am
Contact:

Klejdi1023 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:46 pm
artan wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:25 pm
Dallku wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:46 pm Veseli hasn't featured for his club in Serie B since February.

Gjasula hasn't played since September(injury).

All of a sudden these guys are called up and available for the NT. It's like they are full time NT players lol....

Meanwhile the top leaguers just get injured when the NT is approaching. Djimsiti always comes back after international break. Not saying it's intentional... obviously luck has a lot to do with it but point is that players like Veseli and Gjasula are not serious professionals if they are just full time NT players and barely have a club career.
The semi-professionals (Balaj, Cikaleshi, Lila, Ramadani, etc) are always ready for the NT. This is their Champions League. They also never get injured because they play in inferior leagues or are just complete benchwarmers.

The professionals will always find excuses because they don't care about the NT. Perfect example is Strakosha who was a part-time player at best when he was in his prime at Lazio. It's why we have to respect Hysaj who never used any bullshit excuse to miss a match.
The concerning and disappointing thing is that every new cycle that’s an opportunity for a fresh start, we continue to call up these deadweights. Sylvinho in his press conference said the players on this list were called specifically for the Poland game. Does he really believe Cikalleshi or Seferi can lead the line against Poland ? Or Veseli to defend against Lewandoski ? Or Ramadani to have a chance against their superior midfield ? Why not call up Muci who’s one for the future and actually plays in Poland. Mihaj has had a solid season in Portugal, yet Veseli is higher in the hierarchy then him. Even Cekici or Cokaj would have been better than Ramadani. I have yet to see a list where it feels the best available players were called up and it’s what has held us back all these years especially since post Euro 2016.
Playing with guys like Cikaleshi, Balaj and Seferi is like playing with a man down. These guys are below average goal poachers who need 4 good opportunities to put one in and they don't have pace, technical skills and are lazy defensively. They can score tap-ins against Moldovoa because they'll get 5 easy chances but against a team like Poland we get one opportunity and they will never be able to put it in. It's so painfully obvious and it's amazing how guys like Cikaleshi and Balaj were starting together for years. I'm guessing guys like Balaj, Cikalehsi, Roshi, etc, have pull within the FSHF since they're domestic products and probably have buddies within the system who push for them.

I also want to wonder why they stopped pushing for Swiss and German diaspora players. Do they not want to have arguments with the Swiss and other European federations?
Redijupison

Very excited to see Uzuni with the NT, I hope he delivers. I can't remember when was the last time Albania had an attacker scoring this much for his club.
User avatar
RedFootballs
Posts: 1992
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:12 pm
Location: England
Team: QPR - Albania
Contact:

As fans its important that online and in the stadiums we really get behind Uzuni.

He is incredibly talented and in my opinion could end up being the most valuable player in Albanian history - his main problem is the mental blocks he gets himself into and the lack of confidence at times.

Stomping the Spanish Segunda isn't that easy and he has 20 goals there already with a few assists too. Their fans love him and it's obvious to see how good he can be with his speed, movement, dribbling when he's on form.

For Albania I suspect its different due to how abusive our fans and media can be, in past games he's been targeted over the likes of Cikalleshi or Balaj because he misses chances sometimes, even though he is our only attacker other than Broja who can generate play himself and get into scoring positions. At least at his worst Uzuni can still stretch the opponent's defense and pose a threat with speed and movement. However, he has been very good for Albania in the last few games - scored that supergol too. He is growing a lot now that he's playing at a better level of football.

I see him very similar to Timo Werner and think he can reach that level if he continues on this path for a while longer. Granada are 2nd now and could go up so maybe he can continue in LaLiga with them in an environment where he feels comfortable, though I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to the Prem as his pressing/intensity would work well there.
Dallku
Posts: 5034
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:26 pm
Contact:

^ Uzuni is the most loved player by fans and especially media. They write articles every day about him and always interview him . When he scores a penalty they pretend that he scored some wondergoal. The only other one who gets this special treatment is Skuka but since he's stinking it up in France they are having trouble promoting him for the moment.
User avatar
artan
Posts: 3139
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:08 am
Contact:

Cikaleshi is the player that the media adores despite him playing in the King's league. They still write articles about him and push for him in the lineups even though this dude can only score penalties. In the past Roshi and Balaj used to get alot of love from the media but I guess when you can't score for more than 2 years you can't write articles about them. Cikaleshi, Roshi and Balaj were the golden boys. Thankfully this era is coming to a close.

Uzuini is doing something that is somewhat historic for Albanian players. When has an Albanian (especially a domestic one) scored this many goals in a competitive league? Imagine the hype if Cikaleshi or Balaj would be able to do this?
Dallku
Posts: 5034
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:26 pm
Contact:

artan wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:29 pm
Uzuini is doing something that is somewhat historic for Albanian players. When has an Albanian (especially a domestic one) scored this many goals in a competitive league? Imagine the hype if Cikaleshi or Balaj would be able to do this?
Kapllani and Salihi did this on a similar level and without penalties I think.

Not domestic players but just look at Gashi and Vrioni. All these players have dominated that 2nd division/Austria/Switzerland type of level but couldn't cope in top leagues. Uzuni tried it last year and he couldn't cope at all.

That's why people need to relax with the praise until proven otherwise. You're not beating teams like Poland and Czech Republic with 2nd division players.
User avatar
artan
Posts: 3139
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:08 am
Contact:

Dallku wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:23 pm
artan wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:29 pm
Uzuini is doing something that is somewhat historic for Albanian players. When has an Albanian (especially a domestic one) scored this many goals in a competitive league? Imagine the hype if Cikaleshi or Balaj would be able to do this?
Kapllani and Salihi did this on a similar level and without penalties I think.

Not domestic players but just look at Gashi and Vrioni. All these players have dominated that 2nd division/Austria/Switzerland type of level but couldn't cope in top leagues. Uzuni tried it last year and he couldn't cope at all.

That's why people need to relax with the praise until proven otherwise. You're not beating teams like Poland and Czech Republic with 2nd division players.
Gashi yes, Vrioni no. Scoring tap in goals for a mid table Austrian club doesn’t count and it’s clear Vrioni is an amateur since he can’t even score in MLS. Uzuini is a player that is probably a mid table caliber player in La Liga. When is the last time we had a domestic player like that? Bogdani?
Post Reply
  • Information