Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

https://www.transfermarkt.us/albanien/e ... erein/3561

Looking at our extended roster our midfield position has really improved over the past several years with the emergence of Bare and now Asllani. Gjasula, Laci and Abrashi have value in certain roles as well and provide decent depth.
The wing situation is still dire though and this is where we've failed over the years. We're one injury from Trashi in the lineup again as a starter which ruins the 3-5-2 as Hysaj is almost useless going forward as a wing back. Failing to call up wide players over the years will cost us dearly this campaign cycle. Someone like Bytqiqi would have been a decent alternative but instead we're still relying on the corpse of Roshi and Lenjani.
We now have attacking flexibility with players like Bajrami and even Uzuini that we didn't have much of in years past. Cekici I would say is an alternative in this category. Uzuini may be trash at scoring but he provides alot from a tactical standpoint.
Forward depth still an issue. We should just play with one forward. I'm still hoping Muci to emerge as the second choice behind Broja but that is looking more doubtful with how bad Legia is but still think there's something there with him.

---------Broja
----Bajrami---Uzuini
Hysaj-Bare-Asllani-Balliu
---Gym-Kum-Ismajli
--------Strakosha

You have to play your best players and I think this is the best lineup and gives us tactical flexibility. We have to scrap the traditional Italian style that Reja tries to play as our guys clearly don't have the composure to play in that style. Play faster and more counter attacking and make it easier for our guys to create chances instead of the usual where we try to hoof it up. It's still amazing how Balliu has been ignored for Trashi over the years.
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
CanaYouDoIt

That’s not a bad lineup at all, an attacking 3-4-3 would suit us with the guys we have. The 2 CMs could struggle in the bigger games but Bare and Asllani have enough technical ability to have some control of games.

I just don't wanna see the current system anymore, its just archaic and we don't create anything.

We also need to ditch guys like Lenjani, Roshi. I thank them for their service but we need to try and find the next gen. These guys wont be around at the next Euros so there is no point playing them today.
Klejdi1023

artan wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:19 pm https://www.transfermarkt.us/albanien/e ... erein/3561

Looking at our extended roster our midfield position has really improved over the past several years with the emergence of Bare and now Asllani. Gjasula, Laci and Abrashi have value in certain roles as well and provide decent depth.
The wing situation is still dire though and this is where we've failed over the years. We're one injury from Trashi in the lineup again as a starter which ruins the 3-5-2 as Hysaj is almost useless going forward as a wing back. Failing to call up wide players over the years will cost us dearly this campaign cycle. Someone like Bytqiqi would have been a decent alternative but instead we're still relying on the corpse of Roshi and Lenjani.
We now have attacking flexibility with players like Bajrami and even Uzuini that we didn't have much of in years past. Cekici I would say is an alternative in this category. Uzuini may be trash at scoring but he provides alot from a tactical standpoint.
Forward depth still an issue. We should just play with one forward. I'm still hoping Muci to emerge as the second choice behind Broja but that is looking more doubtful with how bad Legia is but still think there's something there with him.

---------Broja
----Bajrami---Uzuini
Hysaj-Bare-Asllani-Balliu
---Gym-Kum-Ismajli
--------Strakosha

You have to play your best players and I think this is the best lineup and gives us tactical flexibility. We have to scrap the traditional Italian style that Reja tries to play as our guys clearly don't have the composure to play in that style. Play faster and more counter attacking and make it easier for our guys to create chances instead of the usual where we try to hoof it up. It's still amazing how Balliu has been ignored for Trashi over the years.
That's a good lineup. I'm not a fan of Hysaj anymore, every game he makes countless blunders and watching him attack is awful, it'd be good for him to have competition but rn there is none so he will continue playing. Bare has also been prone to stupid errors, but we don't have anyone better there either. I'm hoping these 2 roles for some other alternatives in the next couple years.
Princ

Albania has plenty of alternatives in midfield.

Laci, Gjasula, Ramadani, and Asllani have shown to be reliable options there. Good height too, as 3 of 4 are listed 1.80m or higher.
Klejdi1023

Princ wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:44 pm Albania has plenty of alternatives in midfield.

Laci, Gjasula, Ramadani, and Asllani have shown to be reliable options there. Good height too, as 3 of 4 are listed 1.80m or higher.
Asllani yes, he's going to lock down the DCM role. Assuming we play Bajrami in the ACM role, then that third CM role needs someone robust, all around, box to box type player. Neither Laci nor Ramadani fit this profile, I see Gjasula just as Asllani's back up, leaving only Bare in this role, and as I said he has been prone to errors too.
Princ

Problem with Bare is not simply that he is error prone, but very short. He is useless in the air and offers nothing physically. Asllani is not tall either, and we would lose the size/strength advantage when fielding him with another midget like Bare.

Gjasula stands 6’4” and is irreplaceable at the moment. Albania looked super strong defensively when he was paired with another taller midfielder like Laci, at Spain.

Bajrami seems better suited for opponents on or below our level, where we would be expected to hold possession. He will not offer much defensive resistance..
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

It's not like Bare has brainfarts. He simply does not have the skill to hold the ball under pressure. Gjasula had a similar problem. The second Latvia or Lithuania started pressing him he looked trash.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Princ

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:38 pm It's not like Bare has brainfarts. He simply does not have the skill to hold the ball under pressure. Gjasula had a similar problem. The second Latvia or Lithuania started pressing him he looked trash.
None of our midfielders have this skill..

Best bet against better teams is to get as big and strong as possible, while surrendering possession entirely, like we did at Spain. Dominate aerial game and play with long balls, hoping to catch them on counter or from set piece.

Broja and Cikalleshi are capable of miracles, and settling for a draw is fine too if these guys do not come through.
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:00 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:38 pm It's not like Bare has brainfarts. He simply does not have the skill to hold the ball under pressure. Gjasula had a similar problem. The second Latvia or Lithuania started pressing him he looked trash.
None of our midfielders have this skill..

Asllani does ... Bare too , much more so than Gjasula
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Our midfielders except for Asllani shouldn't be trusted with the ball in our own half. Our defenders can pass the ball better. Just let defence + Asllani handle the ball, and Bare, Hysaj & co can handle it in the opponent half.

Some of these players are a ticking time bomb with the ball at their feet when they're close to our net.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information