Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:07 pm FSHF fined 150k swiss francs and 1 match without fans for a few water bottles being thrown after the super professional Hysaj gifts Poland a goal infront of 22k Albanians.
That is an absolute joke of a punishment. f*** UEFA.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I was expecting worse tbh.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:45 am I was expecting worse tbh.
Nah, they punished England with one game and fine for worse behaviour. They had their fans beat Italians and stormed the stadium. At least 5000 fans were watching the game without tickets.
CanaYouDoIt

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:10 am
Nah, they punished England with one game and fine for worse behaviour. They had their fans beat Italians and stormed the stadium. At least 5000 fans were watching the game without tickets.
Find me another nation punished as harsh as us for some plastic bottles thrown ...
CanaYouDoIt

https://twitter.com/theeuropeanlad/stat ... 48587?s=21

Remember a FRENCH ref stopped our game when this occurs in his league every week …
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:57 am
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:10 am
Find me another nation punished as harsh as us for some plastic bottles thrown ...
Double standards and all...
These users thanked the author Aurora Bulkualis for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako
Team: Partizani

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:19 pm https://twitter.com/theeuropeanlad/stat ... 48587?s=21

Remember a FRENCH ref stopped our game when this occurs in his league every week …
When I saw the footage and this particular tweet I was thinking exact same thing. Fcuking cunts.
Klejdi1023

With another qualification campaign coming to an end, it’s time to start looking ahead to Nations League and Euro 2024. We need a new coach, but if Reja ends up staying, we need to scrap the 3-5-2 and switch to 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

———-Strakosha
Balliu Kumbulla Gym Hysaj
———-Gjasula Bare
Roshi Bajrami Uzuni
————- Broja

I’m really curious to test this formation for a variety of reasons. No more 3 cbs bs and watching Dermaku get torn to pieces against any quality team, no more forcing Hysaj to be a wingback and try to become like Dani Alves. This team should give us the defensive stability of De Biasi with a huge improvement in attack in Broja and hopefully Bajrami too.
artan

You really need capable wingbacks in a 3-5-2. What we have is essentially a 5-3-2. Without wingbacks providing width this puts more pressure on the midfield to create & keep possession. Our midfielders obviously aren't very technical and often struggle making a basic pass. Gjasula for example has a horrible touch and struggles with making the simply entry pass. Our forwards (with exception of Broja) can't provide any width and are typical hold up forwards who need chance after chance to poach in a goal. Usually it ends up with a long ball. Uzuini is also an exception because he makes really good runs and has pace but his finishing has been atrocious.

With no width, no counter attacking, no pace and no creativity this lineup doesn't work. This lineup barely got by the likes of Kazakhstan, of course it's going to get massacred by England. Winning that nations league group was the worst thing to happen and the ego it created. The team celebrated like they won a world cup. Cikaleshi and Manaj became guaranteed starters for the WCQ because they scored against Belarus, Trashi cemented his place in the NT. False hope and promise. Our team was a failure then but just because we beat some minnows we allowed the show to go on.

I do think a 4-5-1 switch is needed unless we can find a capable wingback. I don't think it's as easy as putting Baliu in because Hysaj still isn't a capable wingback. Maybe if they go with a 3-4-3 and play with two true wingers we might have some attacking flexibility similar to the lineup against Poland which looked okay in the first half. But the 3-5-2 with two traditional forwards is a disaster. I also don't think we should stick with a 3-5-2 to accomodate a player like Ismajli or Hysaj. Need to incorporate more players in the fold like Asllani, Sahiti and Muci.

I would also like to go back to the pressing and counter attacking system DB had. The players didn't have to think and it was more about finding hard workers instead of technically gifted players. Press and counter. The team was better than the sum of the parts

------Broja
Bajrami-Bare-Uzuini
----Laci--Abrashi(Asllani)
Hysaj-Kumb-Gym-Balliu
-----Strakosha
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Pano Xhixho : Broja has said privately that as long as Reja is manager, he will never play for Albania again
  • Information