Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:21 pm Interesting that Albania is still looking for the first "big win" in the new stadium.

Since Air Albania opened against France 3/4 years ago, Albania has only won there against Kazakhstan, Belarus, and Andorra!! Even the big win against Hungary was in Elbasan.

For some reason Albania has always looked more comfortable in Elbasan Arena than in Tirana. The old Qemal Stafa was always a great home advantage.
I don't think there's a "curse" or anything. It just coincides with Reja becoming our coach.
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:30 pm

I don't think there's a "curse" or anything. It just coincides with Reja becoming our coach.

Don't think it's a curse but maybe a mentality thing. They don't play with an "underdog spirit" in Tirana like they do in Elbasan. Maybe an ugly, broken down stadium is more humbling. In Tirana they look like the away side often and nervous.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:41 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:30 pm

Don't think it's a curse but maybe a mentality thing. They don't play with an "underdog spirit" in Tirana like they do in Elbasan. Maybe an ugly, broken down stadium is more humbling. In Tirana they look like the away side often and nervous.
Nah I don't think there's much to it, eventually we'll get a better coach, better team and win more. Just seems that way since we're not winning or even competing vs big teams and even losing to small teams. The support has been insane, cant be an away game at all.
Princ

World renowned footballer Megi Doci playing the expert here.

Women’s football.. where it is more embarrassing to win than to lose!
artan

Not a good look when family members get involved but who knows maybe we need Broja forcing lineup selections and style. Certainly it’s better than playing Ramadani or Bekim Balaj
Dallku

artan wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:10 pm Not a good look when family members get involved but who knows maybe we need Broja forcing lineup selections and style. Certainly it’s better than playing Ramadani or Bekim Balaj

I think it will take at least a couple of years before Broja becomes that leader. Wouldn't be surprised if in the future he gets involved in lineups and shit like that.

Another issue Albania has right now is that it simply doesn't have a leader on the pitch like Lorik was and even Mavraj. Someone to hold everyone accountable is missing. Berisha and Hysaj are captains and that should tell you everything right there. They are the opposite of what captains should be.
Klejdi1023

We badly need a new coach and a switch to 4-3-3. We haven’t used wingers in so long that only Uzuni is the legit one rn, so Reja has fucked us over even for the future in the wing position. Bajrami as ACM, Asllani and Bare (for now) as CM with Broja upfront alone is the way forward imo. Playing with 1 forward should ensure we drop Balaj for good.
Princ

Me perjashtimin e atij djalit ne foto, nuk ka lojtar shqiptar qe ja vlen. Hidh ke te duash ne fush, por nuk do gjesh ndonje ndryshim.

Shkurt e shqip, nuk jemi per futboll ne. De Biasi e kuptoj kete, prandaj na futi me 9 lojtar ne mbrojte dhe vetem 1 sulmues. Keshtu e rrezikojme me pak pesimin e golit dhe ka shans te fitojm me ndonje mrekulli te sulmuesit, sic ndodhi ne Portugali.

Reja deri me sot ka provuar te lozi futboll te bukur, duke mbajtur posedimin e topit. Aji i ka dhen kurajo ekipit qe te dalin ne sulm me numra, dhe kjo na la goxha hapur kur kundersulmonte mysafiri. Po ashtu ne ndeshjet jashte ndaj Cekis, Polonise, e Islandes, qe nuk u dukem as pak te ekuilibruar ne fazen e mbrojtjes.

Shqiptari nuk ka takat te lozi loj sulmuese, duhet te kthehemi ne sistem mbrojtes sa me shpejt..
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

artan wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:10 pm Not a good look when family members get involved but who knows maybe we need Broja forcing lineup selections and style. Certainly it’s better than playing Ramadani or Bekim Balaj
Is it f***.

NOBODY should be in charge of lineups except the coach. Not FSHF, Not Duka, not Broja.
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:57 pm
Is it f***.

NOBODY should be in charge of lineups except the coach. Not FSHF, Not Duka, not Broja.
Unless you're Messi or Ronaldo you cant be making demands as to who you want playing
  • Information